General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Woolwich
(experienced) Sat 03-Apr-21 10:03:59
Print Post

CFP eligibility check page

[link to this post]

Can someone remind me of the page where you can check you postcode's eligibility for Community Fibre Partnership 'vouchers'. Bonus points for suggesting the 'new' scheme page. Ta!
Standard User dect
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Apr-21 10:14:06
Print Post

Re: CFP eligibility check page

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Woolwich:
Can someone remind me of the page where you can check you postcode's eligibility for Community Fibre Partnership 'vouchers'. Bonus points for suggesting the 'new' scheme page. Ta!
The new voucher scheme doesn't launch until the 8th April.
Standard User Fastman3
(member) Sat 03-Apr-21 10:22:45
Print Post

will also need to check via openreach checker to see if you are a in forthcoming rural build or in one of the exchanges recently announced by Openreach - you can only use CFP where you are not in a programme that in the near to middle future

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dect
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Apr-21 10:27:12
Print Post

[re: Fastman3] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fastman3:
will also need to check via openreach checker to see if you are a in forthcoming rural build or in one of the exchanges recently announced by Openreach - you can only use CFP where you are not in a programme that in the near to middle future
I thought this too but a village I know has just raised nearly £400k of vouchers for a CFP and if you dig they were already in scope for fttp via a commercial Openreach rollout.
Standard User Woolwich
(experienced) Sat 03-Apr-21 11:42:30
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dect:
The new voucher scheme doesn't launch until the 8th April.

Maybe so but there's a page - somewhere...
Standard User Woolwich
(experienced) Sat 03-Apr-21 11:45:49
Print Post

[re: Fastman3] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fastman3:

My exchange is Fibre First. Openreach are telling me to organise a CFP and claim vouchers. I know I can't do that because I'm in an urban area but I'd like to prove it.
Standard User Pheasant
(experienced) Sat 03-Apr-21 11:52:12
Print Post

This it?

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/community-...

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Whitehall11
(regular) Sat 03-Apr-21 12:26:25
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

Yah - Pheasant is right it's this link:https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/community-fibre-partnerships

This is the general scheme from Openreach which then depending on your area will mean you may be eligble for voucher funding from the new DCMS scheme or will have to raise money within the community.

Note that the new scheme will only work in areas classified by OFCOM and DCMS as Region 3 and above.
Standard User Woolwich
(experienced) Sat 03-Apr-21 14:07:39
Print Post

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Whitehall11:
Yah - Pheasant is right it's this link:https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/community-fibre-partnerships

No quite. All I can do there is find out I have FTTC. I can't follow any links to tell me whether or not I can apply for a voucher. I've defiantly checked before (I can't). So maybe the page is down until the new scheme come into place.

So to be clear, its a page which checks your postcode and tells you if you're in an OFCOM Region where you can apply for a voucher.

Maybe I'll look again next week but I'd hoped to reply this.
Standard User dect
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Apr-21 15:02:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by Woolwich:
I've defiantly checked before (I can't). So maybe the page is down until the new scheme come into place.
Linky

Edit: Above is the Government site that would previously say if you was eligible for a Gigabit Voucher.

Edited by dect (Sat 03-Apr-21 15:04:55)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to