User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jinger
(learned) Mon 14-Feb-11 16:37:03
Print Post

Re: enjoying orange so far

[re: Steeley_96] [link to this post]

I'm not certain whether their Tech Support is still in India or not.

I've been having drop-out issues since December and have regularly had to ring Tech Support to try and get it sorted. The people I've spoken to (and there were quite a few) all still had Indian accents but I noticed that they were deviating away from their usual scripts and not once did they try to talk to me like I was a complete novice and take me step by step through doing a factory reset on my Livebox every time I rang up like they used to even after telling them I'd already done that! On the last call to them I told them I suspected it was the Livebox causing the problems and was there a chance they could send me a new router and they said they would (it arrived two days later). I'm so glad I was sat down as previously when having problems they have put up a fight and fobbed me off with line tests, promised call-backs which never happened and all sorts before they would consider changing any of the equipment at my request! They even rang me after a week to check I was happy with my new router and everything was back to normal and would I like any help going through the router settings to make sure it was all correct.

I'm stunned - this isn't the Tech Support I know! Whatever has changed, in my opinion it's for the better! Here's hoping it stays that way!

Netty

In a world where everything is a copy .... I remain an original
Born free.... Taxed to death!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Feb-11 20:07:15
Print Post

Re: enjoying orange so far

[re: jinger] [link to this post]

Yes, on the few occasions I've spoken with TS in the last 9 months, I've noticed they were better.

That is since Orange got into bed with BT, so I wouldn't mind betting that BT staff are now handling the support.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to