User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Nov-11 23:58:56
Print Post

Re: Orange Bband, Tel line rental & calls -no hiding place n

[re: shrimper1] [link to this post]

Surely you never believed that someone messing with your wiring would in any way affect the congestion/throughput issue you have on your perfectly good stable sync connection, after all that you have been advised here?
In reply to a post by shrimper1:
Note: If system up time represents 55 hours 11 minutes & 55 seconds, then something wrong, as my connection was literally cut off this morning around 9.30 a.m., when the BT Open Reach engineer cut out a bad section of cable to my master socket, and replaced it with a new piece of external wire.
All that means is that the router itself has been up for 55 hours. The connection time up is given by this:
In reply to a post by shrimper1:
WAN PPPoA 11040 12138 0 2612 9066 00:19:40
Your last re-connection to the WAN was 20 mins ago. You should be able to see this in the router's log. Sometimes a re-connection resets the System Up Time and sometimes it doesn't. I suspect it's the diff between a re-sync at the exchange and a LCP/CHAPS event at the ISP's authentication server, but I'm still trying to suss it out.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User shrimper1
(member) Fri 04-Nov-11 00:13:29
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Quote: "Surely you never believed that someone messing with your wiring would in any way affect the congestion/throughput issue you have on your perfectly good stable sync connection, after all that you have been advised here?"

Agreed, but Orange arranged this check by BT Open Reach @ their/BT cost (NOT MINE, as I've already been caught by BT Open Reach for £100+ in the last 6 months frown

As I think I've said already, this latest Orange/BT Open Reach initiative involves the check & work carried out (now yesterday!), with the next step to be taken - which is "a lift & shut" (or some such phrase!), by my local Exchange swopping me over to another connection ............. (@ the expense of some poor sod getting my "wonderful" slot).
Thanks for your input, and I will keep this thread updated as progress, or regress transpires ......
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 04-Nov-11 00:29:16
Print Post

That's lift'n'shift

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Nov-11 01:14:45
Print Post

It wasn't the cost I was thinking of but your unfounded optimism grin

When the BTOR engs commissioned by Orange wasted a visit coming to me they knew nothing of the exchange end and I had to badger Orange again to sort out my profile at the exchange end. Perhaps since then they have got their act together to coordinate things.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User shrimper1
(member) Fri 04-Nov-11 20:50:09
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
That's lift'n'shift

Thankyou ............... turned 65 the other day, Eeeer wot day woz it? wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to