User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User EvoluZion3
(newbie) Sat 25-Oct-14 15:23:54
Print Post

Re: Orange line drops intermittently

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Didn't you mention the bandied profile?

Don't expect a call on Sun. They never call back.

Yes I did mention that. I doubt it would have helped as I reckon that wouldn't have been in one of their scripts. My speed is still 2mbps at the moment. Will keep an eye on it.
Standard User EvoluZion3
(newbie) Sun 26-Oct-14 10:29:00
Print Post

[re: EvoluZion3] [link to this post]

Update: I was still at 2mbps last night at 11pm. Tried this morning and managed 11mbps download!!! I've not had a single dropout according to the router's log since the engineer worked his magic other than at 8am this morning which I suspect might have been my profile updating?
Bad news is my upload speed is even worse, dropping from 0.8 yesterday to 0.3 this morning. I'll give it a day or so and see if it changes, or if I get a courtesy call.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 26-Oct-14 12:42:41
Print Post

What are the router stats now?

Sometimes EE (BTw) wrongly cap the upstream on Interleaved to 444K instead of 888K.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User EvoluZion3
(newbie) Sun 26-Oct-14 13:09:10
Print Post

What are the router stats now?

Sometimes EE (BTw) wrongly cap the upstream on Interleaved to 444K instead of 888K.

EE just rang me back to see how things were. She said they could see 14mbps which meant I should get about 11mbps, which is spot on, and she also confirmed that I should be getting 440kbps, and I'm seeing barely 0.3. Thanks for the cap hint XRay, I mentioned this to her but she said the server automatically sets the upload speed. Make of that what you will. Bizarre how I was successfully getting 0.8 before the reprofiling, but I guess I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth!

Modulation : ADSL2+
Annex Mode : Annex A/L
Line State : up
Lan Tx : 3159417
Lan Rx : 2525629
ADSL Tx : 9878
ADSL Rx : 16925
CRC Down : 0
CRC Up : 0
FEC Down : 0
FEC Up : 18
HEC Down : 0
HEC Up : 0
SNR Up : 25.4
SNR Down : 14.7
Line Attenuation Up : 12.3
Line Attenuation Down : 28.0
Data Rate Up : 440
Data Rate Down : 12913
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 26-Oct-14 13:15:57
Print Post

Still slow. Should be getting 16 - 17 Meg. It is being damped by the high 15 dB NM.

Try giving it a reboot but not too often.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User EvoluZion3
(newbie) Sun 26-Oct-14 21:12:45
Print Post

Still slow. Should be getting 16 - 17 Meg. It is being damped by the high 15 dB NM.

Try giving it a reboot but not too often.

You mean reboot it every so often? I've done it once so far but no change yet. I used to switch the router off for most of the day while it wasn't being used, but the lady on the phone said to keep it on constantly. I guess this is to avoid being banded lower again but it seems such a waste of electricity!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 26-Oct-14 23:49:52
Print Post

You need not keep it on all the time but you should avoid switching OFF/ON frequently, say no more than 3 times/day, otherwise DLM will think its disconnecting too much and then lower the speed..

Standard User EvoluZion3
(newbie) Mon 27-Oct-14 17:47:31
Print Post

You need not keep it on all the time but you should avoid switching OFF/ON frequently, say no more than 3 times/day, otherwise DLM will think its disconnecting too much and then lower the speed..

ok thanks mate, I usually switch it off last thing at night and power back on the following evening.
Standard User EvoluZion3
(newbie) Tue 11-Nov-14 18:03:07
Print Post

Just a brief update from a couple of weeks later - still all good. Getting just under 11mbps down, and now my up has improved to 0.8mbps so that's good as well. Not a single drop-out. Been switching the router off at night and back on in the evening and so far this hasn't had an effect on my speeds. Hopefully I won't need to post on here again so I thought I'd say thanks to everyone for their advice. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to