User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zippothegreat
(newbie) Sun 20-May-12 22:16:45
Print Post

Re: HELP! Orange Home Broadband > One for the Experts :) Par

[re: zippothegreat] [link to this post]

Hey Mr ORANGE, glad you have me as a customer... NOT!

Ok, here is another update for all the techies / adslguide helpers smile

My Broadband Speed Test

As you can see, another reset, another 2 hours on the phone and it is now a super fast SDSL line, same speed up as down LOL!

Please feel free to help me anyone!
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-May-12 10:27:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by zippothegreat:
..... Technically, I just cannot see what is wrong.....

Knowingly or otherwise, Orange is "capping" you for whatever reason. It's time to move on.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 21-May-12 11:23:50
Print Post

While you may feel there is little point in changing providers, even when they all use BT Wholesale services, the capacity each provider buys can have a major impact on the quality of service you receive.

AOL is hardly renowned for being the best either, i.e. similar performance levels to Orange. BT Total is normally OK, as are probably many of the less well known names. Only thing is that they may charge a little more for the service

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Mon 21-May-12 12:07:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hey Andy, thanks for the input mate!

Guess you have guessed we are not going to let this tail off, now Mr Orange is watching smile

Ok, for this line, there is not an issue with changing ISP, obviously, this would be down to how things go over the next 5 working days with Mr Orange, as luck would have it, the ipstream service that is the only choice on the exchange in question has all the old & new school players on board at source, so the "upto 8mb" provider can be anyone, really do not care smile

Mr Orange, as can be seen from a few other threads, seems to be either "throttling" or "capping" at certain times (mainly weekends) for some old (freeserve inc) users and also maybe, making sure that if you do have a "2nd line" or "any form of free mobile/international/anytime" inclusive plan or deal from way back, that you get pi**ed enough about the service and voip quality being [censored] or dropping out or just never connecting to a call (especially at all peak times!) that you as a customer, either say sod this "Can you change my plan to the new voice inc package" or "Sorry this is poxy, we are leaving!" and going to a new ISP.

What is obvious from this speed / rain in the line / capping / yadayada, issue is they still, after 22 years do not give a cr*p-o-la about "core" paying clients...

So, even though it might be a waste of time to most, this will be solved and it will be solved in the open, public, unrestricted forums of ADSLguide (sorry I still love the old name!) which is NOT what their Exec ADR, ISPA team and Head office pencil pushers want, BUT they have had 3 years to solve this particular issue and have not bothered! Which is why this thread is part 4!

The next steps I suggest Mr Orange follows at the property are:

1) Get BT to Rip all the internal cabling out, replace with new (again)
2) Get BT open reach back to "survey/change/review" the DP cable/Outside boxes (again)
3) Replace the "new" NT5Ea with another "new" NT5Ea (again)
4) Fit another "taylor" BT pstn / adsl splitter (why didn't you do this last time?)
5) Answer my calls to the UK MD office, before I call him at home again (yes he was pi**ed when I did it last time!)
6) Pay compensation (not really that important, as this is not about money any more!)

This is what I would do, if I still was in the telecom's industry smile

For the 200+ views of the thread, if you are anonymous, please feel free to join up to Thinkbroadband, it is really one of the best places to get ANY ADSL/Broadband issues & help, online! (if you can of course, with Mr Orange, get on line!)

Any more, for any more smile
(newbie) Mon 21-May-12 12:13:52
Print Post

Re: HELP! Orange Home Broadband 2012

The original title of the thread was obviously a bit long, so I have edited it so it will not annoy you all when viewing smile
(newbie) Mon 21-May-12 16:14:04
Print Post

Re: HELP! Orange Home Broadband 2012

For anyone interested & Mr Orange.. Oh and one of the Orange CEO's PA's I just spoke with (lovely lady!) at HO smile Some more info on the "fixed" problem!

As I cannot post the graphical or chart monitoring data as images...

"Dear Sir, we are pleased to inform you that you slow broadband speed issue has been resolved in full" >>>> Mmmm maybe not hey Mr Orange!

My Broadband Speed Test

My Broadband Speed Test

My Broadband Speed Test

Check the times Mr Orange Technical Support L3... getting slower!

>>>>

Last BT test was so slow, it gave the option of a TAP3 test! Have not seen one of those since 2003!

http://s13.postimage.org/ssgs2wy2f/orangebb_btspeed_...

>>>>

New router data... how are we able to run speedtests at the same time as this is happening!!!

http://s16.postimage.org/koemy8q7p/orangebb_newroute...

>>>>

Just waiting on the pre 10am delivery of another "new" bright box, 2 yr old tech already... Oh it has not arrived... again!

Just waiting for an extremely, knowledgeable and Ex- top brass BT techo to pop in for a "look see" and a cuppa, seems he knows a few things about BT & Orange, that might need sharing here wink

More updates soon...
Standard User qasdfdsaq
(member) Mon 21-May-12 16:53:39
Print Post

None of 1-4 apply because your line is syncing at near full speed all the way to the exchange. There (appears to be) nothing wrong with your line, faceplate or other equipment. I believe you've been told this already.

Do some traceroutes or post a ping monitor to confirm the above.
(newbie) Mon 21-May-12 18:12:03
Print Post

[re: qasdfdsaq] [link to this post]

Cheers Q, have got that in hand, a stack is running remote, to the ip, back to the exchange and back to orange (which weirdly is 14 hops away!) distro server.

Have supplied some further data (as supplied a week ago today already!) to those in the know.

1-4 will still apply (in part) if there is digress damage, gammy connectors etc etc, I hope this is not the case as they were already done and signed off by OR & Mr Orange.

Also had a look see (with the help of Mr Ex-BT techno madman) over a cuppa at some interesting info, seems that maybe the "2nd line" issue is more of a problem with Mr Orange, than they are leading everyone to think, yes the service is "being withdrawn" but it is part of a contract, not a price deal, so thus, may have to be replaced with a "like for like" service.

Asked to run a further "browser" test as it is now being classed as a "firewall" issue (huh!) so this is on an XP laptop, with NO protection, all orange ports open (both ways) and plugged into the socket with no wifi and no other anything connected.

http://s10.postimage.org/lkf0y84x5/orangebb_uswitch_...

Also we "popped" down the local exchange for a quick look see/hows your father to see if there is any "action" going on... because according to Mr Orange L3 they and other BB users on all ISP are having issues because of the exchange... Mmmm funny that no-one has been in since last Thursday am!

This is better than working for a living smile
(newbie) Mon 21-May-12 18:34:20
Print Post

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User techlad
(newbie) Tue 22-May-12 09:34:51
Print Post

Have you tried another PC with an Ethernet connection to the router? i.e. rule out that issue isn't on local LAN-side. Guessing you have...
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to