User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Sep-13 00:04:31
Print Post

Re: Can i Use BrightBox router - On Own ISP?

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
(1500 for O2 and BT, 1492 for Orange/EE)
Orange/EE is BT grin

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User glossywhite
(member) Tue 17-Sep-13 00:42:05
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
In reply to a post by E7er:
(1500 for O2 and BT, 1492 for Orange/EE)
Orange/EE is BT grin

In most cases, yes; Orange = "BT Openreach" = "IPStream" = 1500 MTU.

I'm not sure if this applies to *all* Orange lines, so I would be cautious handing out this MTU as a universal solution smile
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Sep-13 02:00:42
Print Post

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by glossywhite:
Not Openreach! It's BT Wholesale who operate Orange BB. And it's not just IPStream! In "most cases" they provide WBC ADSL2+ in 21CN exchanges, for which MTU = 1500 as I showed you many moons ago.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Tue 17-Sep-13 14:50:45
Print Post

Not Openreach! It's BT Wholesale who operate Orange BB. And it's not just IPStream! In "most cases" they provide WBC ADSL2+ in 21CN exchanges, for which MTU = 1500 as I showed you many moons ago.

BT Wholesale *manage* the wholesale lease of their LLU equipment to Orange/EE, hence the term "wholesale". BT Openreach are the ones who do all the hard work, and physically connect the lines and maintain the equipment - the people who get their hands dirty, physically.

They are different departments of the same company. If you have a fault on your line, Openreach are called by your ISP, and they come out to fix it.

Wikipedia:

"Openreach manages BT's local access network which connects customers to their local telephone exchange, starting at the Main Distribution Frame (MDF) in the exchange and ending at the network termination point (NTP) at the end user's premises. Openreach also manages the connections between the MDF and the BT Wholesale/Local Loop Unbundling (LLU) termination points located in the exchange, often referred to as jumper connections."
(member) Tue 17-Sep-13 15:00:21
Print Post

BT Wholesale *manage* the wholesale lease of their LLU equipment to Orange/EE, hence the term "wholesale". BT Openreach are the ones who do all the hard work, and physically connect the lines and maintain the equipment - the people who get their hands dirty, physically.

They are different departments of the same company. If you have a fault on your line, Openreach are called by your ISP, and they come out to fix it.

Wikipedia:

"Openreach manages BT's local access network which connects customers to their local telephone exchange, starting at the Main Distribution Frame (MDF) in the exchange and ending at the network termination point (NTP) at the end user's premises. Openreach also manages the connections between the MDF and the BT Wholesale/Local Loop Unbundling (LLU) termination points located in the exchange, often referred to as jumper connections."

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Any device is hackable to do all manner of things when it is software based, but to the best our knowledge no-one has done this to the brightbox.

By "our", you mean "my", since I am a part of the collective "our" you are referring to, and I had published this months ago!

You even commented on the post:

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/freeserve/4240615-h...

If you'd Googled "bright box another ISP" you'd also have found my video.

:-/
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Sep-13 15:01:04
Print Post

BT Wholesale *manage* the wholesale lease of their LLU equipment
Shows how you've misunderstood it! BT don't have any LLU kit by definition; it's all not Unbundled from BT.

Yes, BT OR do the plumbing on behalf of everyone else, but it is BTw's products that we are all buying.

(member) Tue 17-Sep-13 15:03:04
Print Post

BT Wholesale *manage* the wholesale lease of their LLU equipment
Shows how you've misunderstood it! BT don't have any LLU kit by definition; it's all not Unbundled from BT.

Yes, BT OR do the plumbing on behalf of everyone else, but it is BTw's products that we are all buying.

I'm 100 miles past caring who's right or wrong.

Have a fun day smile
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Sep-13 15:13:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Any device is hackable to do all manner of things when it is software based, but to the best our knowledge no-one has done this to the brightbox.
You even commented on the post:
Mr Saffron never commented on that thread; essentially only I did, asking whether you had Proof of Concept this time as once before you had to withdraw one of your hacks as it did not work.

EDIT: Perhaps OP may confirm this one works, but perhaps not as it seems that TT connections don't care about the username/pwd in the router.

P.S. There was no need to include that big quote of yourself; it has nowt to with the point you are making here.

Edited by XRaySpeX (Tue 17-Sep-13 15:33:41)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Sep-13 15:16:05
Print Post

You may very well be, but what's the point of propagating misinformation to any readers of your posts? Facts always trump any falsehoods.

Edited by XRaySpeX (Tue 17-Sep-13 15:18:39)

(member) Tue 17-Sep-13 15:31:51
Print Post

Enjoy the hack. It was easily found.

Forum, if you want accurate and in-depth router information and hacks, visit:

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/

and for Bright Box information and hacks, visit:

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t31206.html
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to