User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DC34
(newbie) Wed 29-Oct-14 12:58:33
Print Post

Re: Help - Migration

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

So why have they chosen ADSL2+
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 29-Oct-14 13:41:46
Print Post

[re: DC34] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DC34:
So why have they chosen ADSL2+
Sounds a right cokup, maybe your neighbour has your fibre connection and there are non-available at the cabinet.

+ Switching to EE

What does it take to switch to EE?

It couldn't be easier to join us. Simply choose your package online, enter your details and we'll take care of the rest.

How long will it take?

Once you've signed up to an Unlimited Broadband plan from EE, it will normally take up to 10 working days for your Broadband to go active (as long as you don't need an engineer to install a phone line). You can keep using your existing broadband right up until your EE Broadband goes live.

If you need a new phone line, the time taken to get your Broadband up and running will depend on the date of your appointment with our engineer.

Will I be able to keep my existing phone number?

Of course. If you provide us with your existing phone number when you're completing your online order, we'll simply transfer this to EE.

How long will it take for my bright box router to arrive?

Your Bright Box and Quick Start Guide will arrive by post before your Broadband switches to EE. And you won't need to wait in for a delivery, as the Bright Box has been designed to fit through a standard letterbox.

What if I need a new phone line?

If you need a new phone line, simply tick the box requesting an appointment with an engineer when making your online order, and we'll be in touch as soon as this has been arranged for you. A standard installation charge of £60 will be added to your first bill.

What's a MAC CODE & do I need one?

A Migration Authority Code (MAC code for short) is a set of numbers and letters that give broadband providers YOUR permission to switch. Only you can obtain your MAC code.

How do I get my MAC code?

Your provider MUST supply your MAC code within 5 days of you requesting it. This is a requirement from Ofcom, the communications regulator. Here are some useful numbers:

Virgin 0845 454 1111
TalkTalk 0870 444 1820
Sky 08442 410 515
BT 0800 328 6738.

If your provider is not listed above, please contact their main customer support number, which should be listed on your last contract or bill from them.

Making the switchover run smoothly
We use your MAC code to make sure you don't lose your broadband connection during the switchover. It can take as little as 5 days to get connected, with no break in service and easy self-install setup.

Your MAC code expires after 30 days
Once you've got your MAC code from your current provider, make sure you switch as soon as possible. Your MAC code expires 30 days after it is issued, so if you don't use it in time, you'll need to contact your provider again to get a new MAC code.

https://broadband.ee.co.uk/home.do#linechecker

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User DC34
(newbie) Wed 29-Oct-14 14:08:17
Print Post

sounds about right

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DC34
(newbie) Thu 30-Oct-14 16:00:44
Print Post

Engineer arrives says its my router

Phone EE they cant get a router to me untl Monday

Another weekend with no broadband

Do you think if i plug in my BT Router would it work???

Thanks in advance
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 30-Oct-14 17:58:57
Print Post

Well we have seen no data from any router yet to indicate if

a) There is a sync, i.e. connection speed to the local ADSL/VDSL hardware
or
b) Whether it is synced and just cannot authenticate.

Did the engineer actually connect test hardware and confirm present of a broadband signal, and was it ADSL2+ or VDSL2 and at what speeds?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DC34
(newbie) Thu 30-Oct-14 20:31:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The original EE Router said disconnected

I was at work but my wife told me that the engineer tested with his equipment and said there was sync but that therouter was kaput

Surely i can use a differ router?

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 30-Oct-14 20:50:28
Print Post

You can try a different router but without your ee credentials it will not lig in.

First stage is to find out what sync you can see, ie find connection stats such as attenuation and noise margin in router

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 31-Oct-14 01:15:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
You can try a different router but without your ee credentials it will not log in.
But it will sync if sync is present.

If BT router will take a BB Username & pwd, OP can get his off KeepMe card.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-Oct-14 11:16:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by DC34:
The original EE Router said disconnected

I was at work but my wife told me that the engineer tested with his equipment and said there was sync but that therouter was kaput

Surely i can use a differ router?

Thanks
You can use any ADSL2+ router with EE broadband provided it is not locked to another ISP. EE/Orange did supply the Netgear DGN1000 before their Brightbox router, it worked and was easy enough to set-up, but got so hot you could fry an egg on it, well the one I have you could. crazy

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/netgear-dgn1000-single-ban...

These TP-Link Routers look very good for the low price, they have wireless N300 + Megabit Ethernet Port and will work with fibre broadband. smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TD-W8960N-300Mbps-Wi...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TD-W8970-Wireless-Co...

Broadband Settings
This page provides advanced settings to connect your EE Broadband service

Broadband Type ADSL
Broadband Username:
Broadband Password:

Protocol: PPPoA
VPI/VCI: 0 / 38
Encapsulation: VC MUX
Internet IP Address: Dynamic
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
DNS IP Address: Manual
Primary DNS: 193.36.79.101
Secondary DNS: 193.36.79.100
Connection Type: Always Connected
Idle Time: 0 (minutes)
Authentication Protocol: CHAP
MTU (576~1500): 1500

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Fri 31-Oct-14 12:47:48)

Standard User DC34
(newbie) Tue 04-Nov-14 17:26:43
Print Post

Router has arrived its a Brightbox 1 and i have an ADSL Service

They have now said they will have to send out a Brightbox 2 and it will take a further 3 to 5 days

On and on it goes

Groan

DC
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to