User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-Apr-15 14:02:24
Print Post

Re: takeover by BT

[re: RogN] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RogN:
And PN was good at first but now they are going down hill, think BT have turned the thumb screws on them.

That took a while then, BT has owned Plusnet for almost 9 years. And I had plenty of issues with Plusnet just prior to the BT takeover.

Oliver.
Standard User azrael316
(newbie) Thu 02-Apr-15 15:09:46
Print Post

More recently, yes. It is, internally at least, BT in all but name.
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 02-Apr-15 23:00:55
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I have been pleased with my EE/Orange broadband performance since the move to BTwhole network in 2010 and look forward for it to continue with BT/EE broadband. smile

(Back in 2010) BT will take over Orange's fixed-line business, with 61 Orange staff moving to BT as part of the process. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4215-orange-hand-...

2015 BT takeover EE https://www.prospect.org.uk/select_an_industry/telec...

EE Film Club replaces Orange Wednesdays http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/03/ee-film-club-is-you...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a636213/ee-sof...

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zom22
(member) Fri 03-Apr-15 09:26:36
Print Post

Look - is is really too difficult to understand
Plusnet is a low cost brand aimed at the ultra price sensitive.

You can see this by the advertising type -first it was the TV series Big Brother, now it is 'cashback'.
It's hardly aimed at the 'professional qualified in high quality employment' as the socio-economic experts would put it.
Indeed a perusal of the discussion forums would tell you this for yourself.

It is no longer a niche ISP and has not been for many years - it is now a mass market ISP aimed at the 'great unwashed'.
They have not far short of a million subscribers and what an individual subscriber thinks or wants is of no interest to them.

Those who think it is or should be still niche need to move on so something like AAISP, but of course like everything else in life if you want a superb service, phones answered in seconds, high quality tech advise on tap etc then you are going to have to pay for it.
Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Apr-15 17:19:14
Print Post

[re: zom22] [link to this post]

I was trying to make the point that EE would change if taken over. And the example of PN is that at first they were brilliant from the takeover, but not anymore. That may have taken a while at PN, but perhaps the mood has changed at BT and it will not be long before EE gets seriously affected by the change, and not for the better.

It was part of wondering if EE was a good change from PN.
Standard User DJS
(member) Sat 23-May-15 15:28:05
Print Post

Sorry? I've been with PN for over 3 years now and have had no problems. In fact, I can't fault their customer service at all.

Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 23-May-15 16:10:22
Print Post

[re: DJS] [link to this post]

I am pleased that not everyone has had bad service, but at 3 years you are a new boy to PN! After the BT takeover they were great back to the old PN, but slowly BT have ousted the old staff and brought in BT bosses and that has changed things and it aint what it was and I aint stopping with them despite being with them in double figures of years.
Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 23-May-15 16:17:13
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

But you do know that slowly BT staff have been introduced to replace the old PN staff and that is now having an effect on service. I agree that immediately before the takeover PN had sunk to the lowest levels and this forum was very hot because some of us had been chucked off PN forums, one even removed as a customer, then BT took over and the old staff changed back to the good days of PN, but it is the staff changes over the last few years and the new model for PN that have caused the present changes for the worst.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to