User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Aug-15 01:39:36
Print Post

Re: Who do I believe at EE? (ordered WBC upgrade)

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

I can only report what EE offers new custs at your exchange, There's no guarantee that your legacy unlimited usage will continue if you upgraded with EE. It would be a new contract.

Have you checked you own circumstances in the EE Checker and in your EE Member's Centre?

PS: There was no need to quote the whole of my post. You were not referring to it and it swamps your points. Just saying.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User glossywhite
(member) Wed 12-Aug-15 01:43:57
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Yes, whole-post quoting is a pet dislike of mine, sorry that I've done that. They kept saying, as CS always do to customers, it's "impossible" to allow the unlimited rate... but then someone says "nonsense, I promise you'll get it". She's put it in my notes, so they'd be wrong not to honour it. LONG TIME customers should be rewarded, surely, otherwise I've zero incentive to remain with them.

Edited by glossywhite (Wed 12-Aug-15 01:47:17)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Aug-15 04:27:31
Print Post

She's put it in my notes
How do you know? Were you standing by her? Have you ever known EE CS to keep records of previous calls so that next time you call you don't have to go through the same old rigmarole? Unheard of!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 12-Aug-15 09:46:56
Print Post

Remember they are going by what their own system tells them, not what they can find out for themselves and call centre staff are not paid enough to be experts, the good ones soon leave for better paid jobs.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 12-Aug-15 09:49:46
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Actually yes, cold call from Sky with an offer a year or two ago, said I said 'sounds interesting can you make a note on the account and I'll call you back on the number I know to confirm it is really Sky for security purposes'

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Aug-15 16:36:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I was talking specifically about EE, from experience.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 12-Aug-15 21:57:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by glossywhite:
Ah, so they ARE confused, and misleading me? Sounds about right for EE.
Surely this should be easy to sort out, locate your BT Openreach cabinet, check with your Neighbours ask if they have WBC ADSL2+ or fibre broadband. EE are only going by the information they have obtained.

BT Openreach checker Are you in a superfast area?

BT Broadband Availability Checker also gives your cabinet number.

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
(member) Thu 13-Aug-15 01:02:30
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
In reply to a post by glossywhite:
Ah, so they ARE confused, and misleading me? Sounds about right for EE.
Surely this should be easy to sort out, locate your BT Openreach cabinet, check with your Neighbours ask if they have WBC ADSL2+ or fibre broadband. EE are only going by the information they have obtained.

BT Openreach checker Are you in a superfast area?

BT Broadband Availability Checker also gives your cabinet number.

The thing which piqued my interest in the first place, was the neighbour directly opposite me - a friend - telling me "Oooh guess what? Our ADSL speed SHOT up to 14.8Mbps, after an email from BT".

This fact didn't escape me, and was CLEARLY explained to "Everything's Elusive", multiple times smile

The new EE Logo: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5620/20524875705_2201...

Edited by glossywhite (Thu 13-Aug-15 01:18:39)

Standard User Kail
(member) Thu 13-Aug-15 02:11:13
Print Post

Hope this helps.

I put the line...
when is EMCRANF exchange going to be upgraded
...into google (quick link to search here) and among the 1st six results is, this thread, a pdf from BTOpenReach saying EMCRANF is getting FTTC in the calender year of 2015 and zen internet confirming/repeating what BT OpenReach say.

EE upgraded my line mid-contract to ADSL2/2+ last year then emailed me a few months later that they had done so. When it first switched over it didn't go much faster but the line has had problems. I understand they where moving people away from ADSL max, am I right that BT Wholesale don't sell the product to new customers anymore where WBC is available?
(member) Thu 13-Aug-15 02:51:52
Print Post

[re: Kail] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kail:
Hope this helps.

I put the line...
when is EMCRANF exchange going to be upgraded
...into google (quick link to search here) and among the 1st six results is, this thread, a pdf from BTOpenReach saying EMCRANF is getting FTTC in the calender year of 2015 and zen internet confirming/repeating what BT OpenReach say.

EE upgraded my line mid-contract to ADSL2/2+ last year then emailed me a few months later that they had done so. When it first switched over it didn't go much faster but the line has had problems. I understand they where moving people away from ADSL max, am I right that BT Wholesale don't sell the product to new customers anymore where WBC is available?

That PDF states FTTP, not FTTC. Thanks, although I don't get your point.

Edited by glossywhite (Thu 13-Aug-15 04:00:33)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to