User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Aug-15 04:38:14
Print Post

Re: Who do I believe at EE? (ordered WBC upgrade)

[re: Kail] [link to this post]

FTTP is not ADSL2+. Nor don't it pull ADSL2+ along with it.

It is easy to check! I have given OP 2 ways of finding out what EE will supply there, without even speaking to them, but he hasn't reported back what they say.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Aug-15 11:21:05
Print Post

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by glossywhite:
The thing which piqued my interest in the first place, was the neighbour directly opposite me - a friend - telling me "Oooh guess what? Our ADSL speed SHOT up to 14.8Mbps, after an email from BT".

This fact didn't escape me, and was CLEARLY explained to "Everything's Elusive", multiple times smile

The new EE Logo: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5620/20524875705_2201...
From you reply to my post it's obvious you don't have WBC ADSL2+ or FTTC superfast broadband in your area. frown

And these two quick easy checks below confirm it...

BT Broadband Availability Checker This also gives your street cabinet number.

BT Openreach checker Are you in a superfast fibre broadband area?

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User glossywhite
(member) Thu 13-Aug-15 13:49:42
Print Post

Re: Who do I believe at EE? (ordered WBC upgrade) *DELETED*

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Post deleted by glossywhite

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Thu 13-Aug-15 14:04:01
Print Post

Eh?
The first link confirms categorically that I *DO* have WBC ADSL2+ in our village.

Edited by glossywhite (Thu 13-Aug-15 15:20:08)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Aug-15 22:39:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by E7er:
From you reply to my post it's obvious you don't have WBC ADSL2+ or FTTC superfast broadband in your area. frown
Not true! What are you talking about? Have you read this thread rather than repeating yourself with links that have already been reported upon? There is every evidence that ADSL2+ is present at OP's exchange. I'll remind you:
  • The BT Checker that you keep banging on about.
  • EE's own checker on their BB sales site.
  • Probably the Op's own EE Member's Centre but he won't confirm.
  • The neighbour's remark about getting 14 Meg after getting a email from BT, which you even quote.
Too many cooks!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Thu 13-Aug-15 22:45:19)

Standard User Kail
(member) Thu 13-Aug-15 23:58:27
Print Post

That PDF states FTTP, not FTTC. Thanks, although I don't get your point.
FTTP, oh. I must have read along the wrong line.

The point I was trying to make is they clearly have planned upgrades for your exchange. Given my experience with my exchange and the unannounced upgrade from ADSL max, you may well get the same at some point. Although don't hold your breath.

You appear to be on a market 1 exchange with only BT Wholesale on it. Among others, my exchange had Orange (prior to EE rebranding) as in LLU before they reverted to using BT Wholesale so I think they still consider my exchange as on their network. That might make a difference, maybe not.

I know I started with I hope this helps, but it doesn't really does it, sorry. frown
(member) Fri 14-Aug-15 00:03:42
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
In reply to a post by E7er:
Not true! What are you talking about? Have you read this thread rather than repeating yourself with links that have already been reported upon? There is every evidence that ADSL2+ is present at OP's exchange. I'll remind you:
  • The BT Checker that you keep banging on about.
  • EE's own checker on their BB sales site.
  • Probably the Op's own EE Member's Centre but he won't confirm.
  • The neighbour's remark about getting 14 Meg after getting a email from BT, which you even quote.
Too many cooks!

LOL!

I appreciate the help, but we can all be happy here, no need for a rift between any of us really, they probably got as confused as I was feeling, the other day, LOL.

My "membercentre" & "Everything Elusive" customer (dis)service + an Indian guy from tech support ALL confirm my order is going through now. The nice Indian chap even said to me tonight "It looks like you CAN get WBC after all" (well, yeah...) and he continued "... and once you're connected, we'll try and get you onto EE TV too, after all".

My perpetual persistence and re-iteration of facts seems to have paid off. The BTWS avail'ty checker also says "There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 20-Aug-2015.".

So much for all this "Oh but Sir, you can't get WBC or EE TV"... blahblah haha. Well, I should be grateful, at least they've now resolved it and been courteous about chasing me up 3-4 time a day to let me know. I pity ANYONE going through this tedious process.

Edited by glossywhite (Fri 14-Aug-15 00:04:31)

Standard User Kail
(member) Fri 14-Aug-15 00:18:09
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Your right, I was trying to point on that the exchange is in line for an upgrade, and I thought it said FTTC not FTTP. So if they are upgrading the exchange it is possible ADSL2+ is in pipeline just not any time soon. Although "calender year 2015" is pretty vague and with a yearly time stamp if the date slips it could be a very long wait for anyone wanting it.
It is easy to check! I have given OP 2 ways of finding out what EE will supply there, without even speaking to them, but he hasn't reported back what they say.
I'd go with the BT checker as the EE one just doesn't tell you the whole story. If I put my details into the BT checker it says that ADSL Max, ADSL2/2+ and Fibre are all available (but only the slower 40/10 offering). On the EE checker it is only offering ADSL2/2+ at 5.5-15Mbps and says they will email me when fibre is available if I leave my address in the box. It tells you what they will sell you but not what is on your cabinet. Fibre is temporarily unavailable according to the BT checker but at least it tells me it is available, well some of the time, just not now.
(member) Fri 14-Aug-15 00:22:32
Print Post

[re: Kail] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kail:
Your right, I was trying to point on that the exchange is in line for an upgrade, and I thought it said FTTC not FTTP. So if they are upgrading the exchange it is possible ADSL2+ is in pipeline just not any time soon. Although "calender year 2015" is pretty vague and with a yearly time stamp if the date slips it could be a very long wait for anyone wanting it.
I'd go with the BT checker as the EE one just doesn't tell you the whole story. If I put my details into the BT checker it says that ADSL Max, ADSL2/2+ and Fibre are all available (but only the slower 40/10 offering). On the EE checker it is only offering ADSL2/2+ at 5.5-15Mbps and says they will email me when fibre is available if I leave my address in the box. It tells you what they will sell you but not what is on your cabinet. Fibre is temporarily unavailable according to the BT checker but at least it tells me it is available, well some of the time, just not now.

What? lol.

How do you figure "So if they are upgrading the exchange it is possible ADSL2+ is in pipeline just not any time soon.", when it's been CLEARLY repeated that ADSL2+ **IS** enabled? I live in a small village - how is my direct opposite neighbour getting 14.8Mbps if the ADSL2+ upgrade hasn't happened yet?

Does anyone actually absorb written statements of actual fact, and take them into account, when replying on this forum? Wow...

Someone mentioned "Too many cooks" - yes, AND HOW.

>_<

Edited by glossywhite (Fri 14-Aug-15 00:29:26)

Standard User Kail
(member) Fri 14-Aug-15 02:03:00
Print Post

What? lol.

How do you figure "So if they are upgrading the exchange it is possible ADSL2+ is in pipeline just not any time soon.", when it's been CLEARLY repeated that ADSL2+ **IS** enabled? I live in a small village - how is my direct opposite neighbour getting 14.8Mbps if the ADSL2+ upgrade hasn't happened yet?

Does anyone actually absorb written statements of actual fact, and take them into account, when replying on this forum? Wow...

Someone mentioned "Too many cooks" - yes, AND HOW.

>_<
I was replying to XRaySpex on the matter of identifying what is available. But at the same time drawing a parallel with my own experience of being stuck on ADSL Max for years. There is no need to be rude about it, I'm only trying to help as are others.

I know your exchange is enabled for WBC you cut and pasted the BT checker results that tell us that. I may be a bit tired and not fully explaining things so I'll try again... My exchange had been upgraded to WBC for some time when I got my free EE upgrade to ADSL2+. I did not request it, it just happened one day near to the time my local exchange was upgraded to fibre, they were trying to migrate ADSL max users to ADSL2/2+. The statement, "So if they are upgrading the exchange it is possible ADSL2+ is in pipeline just not any time soon." was meant to indicate that and what happened to me. Not any time soon meaning they might be too busy with the FFTP/C upgrade. Sorry for any misunderstanding I hope that is clearer.

I take it your neighbour across the street that got that email from BT is a BT customer? It would figure that their own customers get it first before other operators have a chance to roll it out. BT started blagging about faster speeds in our local area, then months later so did EE and hey presto I found myself on ADSL2+ long after everyone else. LLU services like Sky and TalkTalk were already running on the faster kit.

Without baggering EE your service will eventually be upgraded as ADSL max will be retired, if you wait long enough. With no competition on your exchange that might be a lengthy wait as BT are not under pressure to provide faster and faster services to anyone, unless they ask for it. Ofcom has tried to get exchanges opened up to competition but in such a small place it doesn't look like anyone else has moved onto your exchange. Does anyone else you know use EE off the same exchange, if so have you checked what service they get? or indeed any other providers. I would guess at the moment non-BT customers are getting what you get ADSL Max.

On believing EE, I've learned to humor them when one of them says something inaccurate, they are in truth hopless. You know what BT wholesale says you should get for each service, I would believe that (within reason). EE customer services don't seem to know very much at all, support often used to ask me what my speed was, I would say don't you know, apparently not.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to