User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Aug-15 02:08:18
Print Post

Re: Who do I believe at EE? (ordered WBC upgrade)

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

Glad you got it sorted and EE have come to their senses with a reality-check.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User glossywhite
(member) Fri 14-Aug-15 02:16:09
Print Post

[re: Kail] [link to this post]

"Without baggering EE your service will eventually be upgraded as ADSL max will be retired, if you wait long enough. With no competition on your exchange that might be a lengthy wait as BT are not under pressure to provide faster and faster services to anyone, unless they ask for it. Ofcom has tried to get exchanges opened up to competition but in such a small place it doesn't look like anyone else has moved onto your exchange. Does anyone else you know use EE off the same exchange, if so have you checked what service they get? or indeed any other providers. I would guess at the moment non-BT customers are getting what you get ADSL Max."

** Yes, I know it will; sometime between now and the 20th of August, as has been confirmed over the last 24hrs by *3* EE staff.

Why should I wait? I am taking them at their word ... LOOK:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5670/20528110336_37e3...
(member) Fri 14-Aug-15 02:18:20
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Glad you got it sorted and EE have come to their senses with a reality-check.

Thank you my friend smile. So am I smile

This thread is becoming a little messy, lots of misinformation, misunderstanding and muddle (I don't know why - it's VERY simple, people are just more interested in saying their piece than READING other people's).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Aug-15 02:22:07
Print Post

I have already shown the the EE checker does confirm that ADSL2+ is available from EE for certain addys near the OP's exchange. If one addy can get ADSL2+ then all can (unlike fibre).

The EE checker is a sales tool, unlike the BT checker, and will not offer that which cannot be currently fulfilled, such as fibre at full cabs. However that doesn't occur with ADSL2+ nowadays as exchanges are rarely full.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
(member) Fri 14-Aug-15 02:25:08
Print Post

I have already shown the the EE checker does confirm that ADSL2+ is available from EE for certain addys near the OP's exchange. If one addy can get ADSL2+ then all can (unlike fibre).

The EE checker is a sales tool, unlike the BT checker, and will not offer that which cannot be currently fulfilled, such as fibre at full cabs. However that doesn't occur with ADSL2+ nowadays as exchanges are rarely full.

Yep. That should be obvious to most people. What you don't know about broadband, ain't worth knowing, I seem to have worked out by now. You're ADSL tech KING, my friend - I've seen you around the net, and your breadth and depth of broadband and router knowledge is astounding!

laugh
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Aug-15 02:42:30
Print Post

If you think this thread is messy, you should see some of the others wink.

Yes, it should have been so straightforward to confirm you can get ADSL2+ at Cranford, w/out all the false trails we have been led up.

BTW: Are you being capped to 20GB usage or can you take your legacy unlimited usage with you?

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Aug-15 02:45:07
Print Post

Thank you for you kind words. Have a nice night!

(member) Fri 14-Aug-15 02:49:29
Print Post

If you think this thread is messy, you should see some of the others wink.

Yes, it should have been so straightforward to confirm you can get ADSL2+ at Cranford, w/out all the false trails we have been led up.

BTW: Are you being capped to 20GB usage or can you take your legacy unlimited usage with you?

3 people have confirmed that I won't be capped, because there's a note on my account, put there last March when I questioned the £10 charge for going over 20GB, that states "If customer goes over 20GB, he shall not be charged", which is a result of my bringing to their attention that I SIGNED UP for UNLIMITED, and so it shall stay that way... and they agreed. I had the charges refunded, a few months free service thrown in, and never had ANY "over usage" charges since. Indian gentleman from the ambiguously named "technical dept", told me last night that I would be going onto WBC anyway, and WBC isn't capped, as it's ON-net (apparently).

Meh, whatever. Beyond caring now.

Edited by glossywhite (Fri 14-Aug-15 02:52:45)

Standard User Kail
(member) Fri 14-Aug-15 10:41:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by glossywhite:
** Yes, I know it will; sometime between now and the 20th of August, as has been confirmed over the last 24hrs by *3* EE staff.

Why should I wait? I am taking them at their word ... LOOK:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5670/20528110336_37e3...
Glad you've got a date for it so you should have some idea of when. The address on that pic is the telephone exchange, you live there? wink

20th August is not that far away, hope they keep to it.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Aug-15 19:47:47
Print Post

Yes, he's my neighbour in Church Lane.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to