Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Nov-18 15:05:01
Print Post

Forza 4 Horizon

[link to this post]

Finally got round to installing this. Didnít have time to set the wheel up yesterday, so used the controller. Won the first couple of races too easily so thought Iíd go for a quick free roam instead

Setting it in the UK makes it more fun to wander about than usual, and it looks fantastic.

The scenery.

The frame rate is all over the place in the cut scenes and menus for some reason, but in game itís a locked 60fps in 4k Ultra settings. That was a pleasant surprise. smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Nov-18 17:33:17
Print Post

Re: Forza 4 Horizon

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Jorkilabra?? laugh

Just looked and I have to have Windows 10 to play it. Oh well no thanks smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Mon 12-Nov-18 18:14:23)

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 12-Nov-18 19:45:47
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Beutiful game, well worth the money!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-Nov-18 07:37:09
Print Post

Itís a drivatar. I suspect it chooses from your friends list as well as at random, but Iíve never played Forza games before so it may or may not be more complex than that. smile

Serious question, what are you so worried about W10 for anyway? Canít you turn off all of the reporting functions if you want to? It wonít monitor anything about you, any more than anybody else already does. Amazon for example. Is there something Iím missing?
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-Nov-18 07:41:48
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jorkila:
Beutiful game, well worth the money!!
Are we going to get any map expansions do you know? All these northern drivers are doing my head in...

I played for an hour or two last night, for the first time since my intial hour when I downloaded it. Instant gratification again. smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-Nov-18 10:53:21
Print Post

I heard bad things about it so I decided to avoid it. I certainly don't want to pay for it smile

Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Nov-18 07:34:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
I heard bad things about it so I decided to avoid it. I certainly don't want to pay for it smile
I got the free upgrade on my first gaming PC, but had to pay for it on the new one. frown

I read someone complaining that the game lacks a sensation of speed. Iíve only played for two or three hours, and it certainly doesnít if you drive in car. Iíve cut the gameplay video with the chase camera replay and to be fair, as driving games go, it feels reasonably quick in that external camera too. Not as manic as in car, granted, but quicker than many driving games. Check out the awesome cars Lieutenant!

A short dash through the countryside.

Iíve still not had a chance to get the wheel set-up, but to be fair Horizon is well designed for stick control, probably the best experience Iíve had with a controller on a driving game. A proper ďrubbing is racingĒ touring car style experience, where you donít get spun out at the slightest shunt; imperative to the enjoyment of a stick racer.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Nov-18 09:32:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
A short dash through the countryside.

When those cars were on the roads that's how I used to drive. That video is like a flash back

Back in the day laugh

Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Nov-18 14:23:47
Print Post

How many Peugeot 205 GTis do you see on the roads nowadays? Two a penny back in the day. smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Nov-18 18:04:33
Print Post

Actually there's a 205 convertible just up the road from me and round the corner is a 1.9 GTi
That's worth a fortune

Swanny
cool
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to