General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | [28] | 29 | 30 | 31 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Tue 28-Mar-17 16:52:33
Print Post

Re: Openreach Recruitment/Apprenticeships Part 6

[re: BothLegsDis] [link to this post]

Cheers
Standard User jordanglb
(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 17:25:04
Print Post

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

So. What are the newbies collecting then each month?. Just so us potential starters can start to budget. Ill be honest its a big drop for me but im looking at the big picture. Who knows where you may be in five years if you get your head down, apply yourself and work hard.
Standard User MAT723
(learned) Tue 28-Mar-17 18:44:04
Print Post

[re: jordanglb] [link to this post]

At 20k pa i guess it to be around £1350 a month after stoppages

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Dylan79
(learned) Tue 28-Mar-17 18:50:39
Print Post

I think you new guys are on £20k for the first year and then after that £23+ the year after and 10% bonus. This should include the payrise which is being agreed.

So for now you'll take home around £1400 after tax. Then you'll have you pension contribution if you opt in so about £1300 per month.

I would say the first year will be hard as many will realise that this job is not for them. Those that stick at it will get just under £26k in the second year as salary including the 10% bonus. Although saying that sticking at it and meeting production targets is another thing. If you can't manage your tours you'll be asked to leave after a certain period. Also If you live in London you can either add another £1600 or £3300 depending on whether you work in inner or outer London. Max potential including inner London weighting just over £29k
Standard User Realist
(member) Tue 28-Mar-17 19:04:49
Print Post

[re: Dylan79] [link to this post]

Problem I have I took home just under 30k from my current job this year but I rather take a 10k drop and be happy.
Standard User mckeo5514
(regular) Tue 28-Mar-17 19:07:14
Print Post

[re: Dylan79] [link to this post]

plus student loan repayments and the £100 a month its gonna cost me for a van parking space, im not too happy at the extended trainee time.
Standard User jordanglb
(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 19:15:00
Print Post

[re: Realist] [link to this post]

thanks for the info dylan, interesting stuff.
Standard User Dslammer
(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 20:06:16
Print Post

I chatted to an Openreach Engineer on the street last Saturday. He showed me the six or so ctrieria he was being measured against on his smart phone.

How difficult/easy is it to hit and maintain the targets?
Standard User Dylan79
(learned) Tue 28-Mar-17 20:15:59
Print Post

[re: Realist] [link to this post]

Mate, not to knock the company but if you are taking a 10k cut to work for Openreach I would reconsider. Its not for everyone and you'll soon find that out. The retention rate says it all.Everything you are shown in training is in prime example. The poles, cabs and exchanges are nothing like that in reality. Trust me this job is stressful as you have to hit production targets. Its not always greener on the other side and I'd have a long think about it before making a decision.
Standard User Dippa
(newbie) Tue 28-Mar-17 21:45:01
Print Post

[re: BothLegsDis] [link to this post]

I did my video interview last week, 20th March and not heard anything yet. I don't feel I did too well with it if I'm honest.

Any ideas when I might hear back ?
Pages in this thread: << 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | [28] | 29 | 30 | 31 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to