General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Fri 19-Apr-19 10:52:37
Print Post

Single thread faster than x6 thread!

[link to this post]

My Speed this morning is/was noticeably slow I did a speed test and the single thread is faster than the multithread and very slow ( usually around 30-40Mb),as none of the kids are up I rebooted everything and the issue is still there.

Any ideas why?

Edited by kitcat (Fri 19-Apr-19 12:30:09)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 19-Apr-19 10:55:45
Print Post

Re: Single thread faster than x6 thread!

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

If you look at the graphs they are very close to each other so I would not say the single thread test was significantly faster than the multiple thread at all

In the case of https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15556662983... looks like some buffering has taken place at the start of the first test with the data being presented to the browser after a bit of a pause

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Fri 19-Apr-19 11:20:26
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Not Significantly but consistently, just seemed odd to me ( along with the much slower than normal speed).

Haven't hit speeds this slow on FTTC before.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 19-Apr-19 11:57:24
Print Post

Your speed test link in the OP "isn't" smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. BQM
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Fri 19-Apr-19 12:30:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Back in now
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 19-Apr-19 12:43:25
Print Post

Very strange shapes for both single and 6x graphs, in yours and the other MrSaffron linked to. Also the upstream, that might suggest something else also uploading a little?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. BQM
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Fri 19-Apr-19 13:22:40
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I thought they were strange too, Nobody else awake when testing and no other apps open on the laptop tested from (using ethernet but at that speed wouldn't matter if I was on wifi!)

No one else showing on the hub so no phones either
  Print Thread

Jump to