General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Sep-19 21:22:00
Print Post

An open order on my line?

[link to this post]

Out of idle curiosity I just ran the BT Availability Checker and noticed below the table the following text 'There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 06-Oct-2019'. I haven't placed any orders or asked for any changes for over two years now. I've emailed my ISP (also my telephone provider) but in lieu of their response has anyone else encountered random open orders on their line?

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Fri 13-Sep-19 21:22:32)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Sep-19 10:47:14
Print Post

Re: An open order on my line?

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

I have seen that twice a couple of years back for our connection and several others on our phone pole that have FTTP, one was for the fibre cable replacement between a FibreDP's and ours, not sure what the other time was for, it might of been for the ceasing of our copper line.
But 2 to 3 days after work had completed that message went so I assumed it was that working being done.

But that might just be a coincidence.

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest (Single Threaded) | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Sat 14-Sep-19 14:36:07
Print Post

Re: An open order on my line?

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

Openreach will raise an internal order when there is any planned work on your infrastructure so that there are no changes until the planned works are complete.

This prevents changing something and the change being reverted by the planned work.

It should only be there for a max of 5-7 days and would normally be shorter than this.

Your ISP should be able to see, if they look in the planned work list, but would not normally be aware until they look.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to