General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Feb-20 01:04:32
Print Post

VDSL Port error

[link to this post]

I was in the middle of a download last night and it stopped for about 5 minutes. I get about 63m download so it was noticeable drop and my router PPP light went off. I checked the session history on my Uno panel and at the time it dropped it said "port error".

What's a port error and why should it disconnect my PPP session yet my modem stayed up the whole time?

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus DSL-N55U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Current Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Feb-20 06:06:32
Print Post

Re: VDSL Port error

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

It is possible to have sync but no PPP, as with ADSL.

A brief outage in the wee small hours ? I would hazard a guess at some maintenance at network level.

If it continues to occur with increasing regularity, then maybe your DSLAM port is becoming iffy.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Feb-20 11:28:59
Print Post

Re: VDSL Port error

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
It is possible to have sync but no PPP, as with ADSL.

A brief outage in the wee small hours ? I would hazard a guess at some maintenance at network level.

If it continues to occur with increasing regularity, then maybe your DSLAM port is becoming iffy.

I have had that in the past when on ADSL 2+ where our Modem would Sync up to the equipment at the exchange , but fail to connect to BT's Network using PPP.

I just use to phone them up and report it as a fault, then just waited for them to resolve the issue.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to