General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Sun 19-Apr-20 17:59:15
Print Post

Re: New BTW Checker

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

Address checker has been broken for some time. Now submission on any page or box seems to report a 404.

The new one was communicated out by BTW so I would expect to see the old page vanish entirely soon.

Edit: Looks like it has already.

Thank you for visiting the Broadband Availability Checker. We have moved to the new URL below.

Click the following url to continue https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com

Please bookmark this url to access it directly in future.

Thank you for your interest.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest

Edited by uno (Sun 19-Apr-20 18:00:12)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User nellisere
(newbie) Sun 19-Apr-20 18:16:53
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I've been using this one, seems to give alot of information on my FTTP line http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/totl.input
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Sun 19-Apr-20 18:18:24
Print Post

[re: nellisere] [link to this post]

Think that one is being replaced by the new BBAC...

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jjgraphics
(learned) Sun 19-Apr-20 18:27:20
Print Post

Getting a bizarre result from the new BTW Performance checker.

My FTTC line has a consistent sync of about 44/7 giving a throughput of about 39/6.

The BB Availability Checker agrees with what I expect but the new BTW Performance Checker reports a throughput of 78.99/6.43! Any thoughts?
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 19-Apr-20 19:17:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by nellisere:
I've been using this one, seems to give alot of information on my FTTP line http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/totl.input
Yup, that's the one I've been using although I only use it occasionally to check the last detected line speed because my GH612 is still locked.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Apr-20 20:13:45
Print Post

[re: CarlTSpeak] [link to this post]

Indeed a long needed change to stop the likes of adslmax misusing the site.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 19-Apr-20 20:46:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by nellisere:
That requires a password. Though a link does exist on this site with one attached to the URL.

However if you check your link now, it may still work but has at the bottom:-

"This checker is being discontinued and is no longer supported. Our Enhanced Broadband Availability Checker is now available under E in Apps A-Z"

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User andynormancx
(member) Tue 21-Apr-20 15:43:24
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Yes, but mostly because Google were going to start charging them for the service wink
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Apr-20 15:57:26
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

Might be so, but Cloudflare outlined their privacy & blocking concerns over ReCaptcha.

That said, I'm sure some people have privacy concerns over all the data passing via Cloudflare these days too.

Privacy and Blocking Concerns

Since those early days, some customers have expressed concerns about using a Google service to serve CAPTCHAs. Google's business is targeting users with advertising. Cloudflare's is not. We have strict privacy commitments. We were able to get comfortable with the Privacy Policy around reCAPTCHA, but understood why some of our customers were concerned about feeding more data to Google.

We also had issues in some regions, such as China, where Google's services are intermittently blocked. China alone accounts for 25 percent of all Internet users. Given that some subset of those could not access Cloudflare's customers if they triggered a CAPTCHA was always concerning to us.

Over the years, the privacy and blocking concerns were enough to cause us to think about switching from reCAPTCHA. But, like most technology companies, it was difficult to prioritize removing something that was largely working instead of brand new features and functionality for our customers.

Oliver.
Standard User jjgraphics
(learned) Wed 22-Apr-20 09:45:45
Print Post

[re: jjgraphics] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jjgraphics:
Getting a bizarre result from the new BTW Performance checker.

My FTTC line has a consistent sync of about 44/7 giving a throughput of about 39/6.

The BB Availability Checker agrees with what I expect but the new BTW Performance Checker reports a throughput of 78.99/6.43! Any thoughts?

Still getting bizarre results: On tests with about 30 secs between each, now reporting
Test 1: 150.62/6.43
Test 2: 149.82/6.43
Test 3: 75.28/6.43
Test 4: 150.19/6.43
Test 5: 149.81/6.43

The upload of 6.43 is about right, but where are the download figures coming from?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to