General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Tue 16-Jun-20 20:29:02
Print Post

BT/Openreach migration gateway

[link to this post]

I'm switching separate landline and broadband services to BT Fibre 2 on 24th June, everything seems to be going okay apart from one thing - I haven't heard a peep from my old ISP. I have only had a leaving email and letter from the landline supplier.

I know this should all be handled automatically, and I have held back as I don't want to confuse matters, but I'm thinking that I should give my old ISP a nudge. I don't want them to get the wrong end of the stick and put a cease order through.

If I contact them tomorrow and they deny any knowledge of what's going on, is that possible? Ofcom refer to the system that notifies the losing ISP as the "electronic gateway". Does anyone know what this gateway is actually called? I wouldn't mind being able to throw it into the conversation.

>>> BTFibre 2 FTTC

Edited by sparky_paul (Tue 16-Jun-20 22:00:16)

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Jun-20 21:42:40
Print Post

Re: BT/Openreach migration gateway

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

Primary consideration is the landline provider. I'd wait until after migration before contacting anyone if it were me.

Oliver.
(experienced) Tue 16-Jun-20 21:56:35
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Cheers. I've left it this long, I did wonder if I might be better off letting things take their course, rather than confuse matters. Landline provider seems happy, and has sent all the relevant paperwork out.

I can see me having to argue the toss over notice periods with the ISP though. It would just be handy to understand the process for them being notified of the migration, and the terminology used.

>>> BTFibre 2 FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Jun-20 22:00:14
Print Post

Possible problem with no notice given to the broadband provider though.

I seem to remember a recent thread (maybe 3-4 months ago?) about a losing provider who didn't send the required leaving info. Just wondering if it's the same provider, and what happened.

Edit: OP must have posted just after I started drafting the above smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connection - Three B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. 1+ 8 Pro max 80Mbps down, 24Mbps up.
=========================
To argue with a mindless bigot is foolish.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 16-Jun-20 22:01:23)

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Jun-20 22:02:34
Print Post

I'd prefer to argue notice periods after the fact rather than risking a cease! It's been a long while since I had split landline/ISPs but I'm guessing both are informed by Openreach.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Tue 16-Jun-20 22:05:06)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 16-Jun-20 22:17:39
Print Post

You should get updated on dsl checker: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

stroll down the page at the bottom as you should see: There are multiple orders open on your line which are due to complete by 24-JUNE-2020

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
(experienced) Tue 16-Jun-20 22:28:57
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
You should get updated on dsl checker: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

stroll down the page at the bottom as you should see: There are multiple orders open on your line which are due to complete by 24-JUNE-2020

Nothing showing where it usually does, in the notes at the bottom.

>>> BTFibre 2 FTTC
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 16-Jun-20 22:29:52
Print Post

Should be frown

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
(experienced) Tue 16-Jun-20 22:30:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
I'd prefer to argue notice periods after the fact rather than risking a cease! It's been a long while since I had split landline/ISPs but I'm guessing both are informed by Openreach.

Ditto, I would sooner argue after than risk screwing it up now.

>>> BTFibre 2 FTTC
(experienced) Tue 16-Jun-20 22:35:43
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Should be frown

Might it be worth contacting BT and letting them know I haven't heard from my old ISP?

>>> BTFibre 2 FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to