General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jez9999
(member) Sun 12-Jul-20 21:52:41
Print Post

Re: Do Virgin Media have to tidy up their outside cable?

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

You mean page 4?

=== Jez ===
Internet
Zen unlimited full fibre 2 | https://www.speedtest.net/result/8718060020.png
Hardware
Line: FTTP with Huawei EchoLife HG8110H-20 ONT
Router: FRITZ!Box 7530
Standard User gary333
(committed) Sun 12-Jul-20 21:58:53
Print Post

[re: jez9999] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jez9999:
You mean page 4?

Either / or, they both show how the duct and trim (or as virgin call it the omni-box) should be fitted. The document I have provided you is what you need to share with house builder if they refuse to fix their shoddy work.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Jul-20 22:07:44
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

Confusion lies in the fact the pictures you're referring to are on page 12 not page 13, but it was obvious what you were referring to either way.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gary333
(committed) Sun 12-Jul-20 22:13:47
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
Confusion lies in the fact the pictures you're referring to are on page 12 not page 13, but it was obvious what you were referring to either way.

How bizarre. On my iPhone they show on Page 13 of the slider as you scroll down a PDF. However just checked and page 13 shows as page 12 where the page number is embedded by Virgin in the document. So yep page 12 is the money shot hehe smile

Edited by gary333 (Sun 12-Jul-20 22:21:51)

Standard User TheInstaller
(learned) Sun 12-Jul-20 23:12:18
Print Post

[re: jez9999] [link to this post]

As you are not a customer of VM, and they have not installed anything as yet at your new house, they won't be interested in coming out to you unless you pay them.

The white cable sticking out of your wall will have been installed by the builders, ready for a VM connection. If you have an issue with this, or the blue rope, then i would suggest you speak to the developer, as they have done the work.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Jul-20 23:25:28
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

No law that I am aware of, and lots of builders breaking it if it is a law.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 13-Jul-20 16:05:00
Print Post

[re: TheInstaller] [link to this post]

On the VM instructions for builders linked to, on the page 12 referred to the duct from below ground is seen as ending under a CATV cover, and the brown wall box just above it.

Not only that, but a distance of 350mm from the Openreach external box is prescribed. Not followed in either of the OP's links.

Given the small amount of ground area we see, it looks a bit to me as though they have moved in before that part of the finishing off of the installation and ground covering has been completed.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connection - Three B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. 1+ 8 Pro max 80Mbps down, 24Mbps up.
=========================
To argue with a mindless bigot is foolish.
Standard User gary333
(committed) Mon 13-Jul-20 16:29:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
On the VM instructions for builders linked to, on the page 12 referred to the duct from below ground is seen as ending under a CATV cover, and the brown wall box just above it.

Not only that, but a distance of 350mm from the Openreach external box is prescribed. Not followed in either of the OP's links.

Given the small amount of ground area we see, it looks a bit to me as though they have moved in before that part of the finishing off of the installation and ground covering has been completed.

Yeah, it does looks like the tarmac (or whatever is going to be butting up to the house) should be a single brick higher. Wonder if this is the hardcore before the tarmac. This would mean the green ducting would fall flush.
Standard User Nick_W789
(newbie) Mon 13-Jul-20 20:39:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think the OP means part R of the Building Regs

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/...

For single dwellings it means very little - a hole in a wall is sufficient. It’s more useful for flats as it requires the developer to allow for cable runs in the communal areas.

For most people, high speed access is a selling point so it would be unusual for developers not to take up the generous offers from Openreach, Virgin etc
Standard User jamesmary8130130
(newbie) Mon 13-Jul-20 22:09:21
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

you can google it , bro
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to