General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User john7
(member) Tue 22-Sep-20 17:21:34
Print Post

ISP's not replying to e-mail queries

[link to this post]

Over the last week, as I am looking for a new ISP, I have e-mailed a number of ISP with a fairly simple query on will I be able to use my existing modem with them. So far no one has replied, do none of them currently want migrating customers? This hase inclueded Zen, Thephonecoop, Idnet an others. Some have had well over a week to respond, Zen others just today.
Standard User john7
(member) Wed 23-Sep-20 11:08:14
Print Post

Re: ISP's not replying to e-mail queries

[re: john7] [link to this post]

I am plesed to say most ISP's have sent replys now. Most needed fallow ups so will see how these go.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Sep-20 13:48:27
Print Post

[re: john7] [link to this post]

The answer is going to vary based on what technology you are ordering, and when you say modem, do you mean just modem or a combined modem/router device.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User john7
(member) Wed 23-Sep-20 16:15:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Iits 80/20 and yes its a Vigor 130 modem as I have a Asus Wi-Fi network running in the house. All have now replied, though only two actually gave me the information asked and one of those had to be asked a second time. I can understand at present delays in reply’s, but I have seen a number of posts on some like Zen taking a long time to reply to e-mails well before the current problems. But its interesting one sales person asked technical what the position was and passed there reply on to me. Another one told me to ask them myself, when I did they gave me the information. The first one creates a much better impression than the second one and working from home shouldn’t have affected either differently. Neither should it lead it reply’s we will probably be able to, bit late to sign up and find whoops we can’t. Over all its been a useful exercise as the way they have responded has helped me decide its between IDNet and Zen.

Im jumping to IDNet, they can provide 80/20 phone call for £20 less than Eclipse are providinging 40/10.

Edited by john7 (Wed 23-Sep-20 17:23:20)

Print Thread

Jump to