General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mike29995
(newbie) Tue 13-Oct-20 10:37:49
Print Post

Address Not in Openreach Database

[link to this post]

Just buying a new build property which was built back in May 2019 and trying to organise my ISP. Getting told I have to choose from the six listed below due to openreach database not having the estates infrastructure details. Been pointed in the management companies direction to pass over this information to openreach but they won't talk to me until the purchase of the house has gone through. Any ideas of getting this progress prior to completion of buying the house?

Love Your Broadband
Direct Save Telecom
vFast
Pure Broadband
See The Light
Breez Tel

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Mike
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Oct-20 10:40:27
Print Post

Re: Address Not in Openreach Database

[re: mike29995] [link to this post]

Are neighbouring properties affected in the same way or is just the one your buying?
Standard User mike29995
(newbie) Tue 13-Oct-20 10:56:52
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Neighbouring properties are affected in the same way we tried with other addresses in the estate and Sky are current ISP is saying they still the need the infrastructure details.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Oct-20 11:17:17
Print Post

I suspect there may not be an openreach presence there, probably the builders have contracted to a different fibre provider.

EDIT : I believe See The Light may actually be the fibre provider and resell it to others if my memory is remotely correct. You will not be able to stay with the current OpenReach provider if that is the case.

Edited by ian72 (Tue 13-Oct-20 11:19:15)

Standard User Highland76
(committed) Tue 13-Oct-20 11:21:55
Print Post

That's because the builder chose not to have Openreach copper or fibre installed. Instead they went for OFNL FTTP ( probably cheaper) and whilst you don't have a choice of approx 700 CPs to choose from (like on Openreach), you still have half a dozen or so providers to choose from on the OFNL network. If you would rather have Openreach connectivity - even if means being stuck on copper - then don't buy the property.

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 13-Oct-20 11:22:27
Print Post

I don't think it's anything to do with Openreach. The infrastructure provider appears to be OFNL, who IIRC say somewhere on their site the are in discussion with Sky and some other biggie but not contracted yet.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
To argue with mindless bigots is foolish.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 13-Oct-20 11:26:18
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Highland76:
If you would rather have Openreach connectivity - even if means being stuck on copper - then don't buy the property.
Additionally, that could be a factor for prospective buyers should the OP buy it then wish to move elsewhere later.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
To argue with mindless bigots is foolish.
Standard User mike29995
(newbie) Tue 13-Oct-20 11:45:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Would it be possible to ask BT to install a line to the property. Using OFNL existing infrastructure in the area. I know this maybe a big ask or expensive ask.
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Tue 13-Oct-20 11:52:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by mike29995:
Would it be possible to ask BT to install a line to the property. Using OFNL existing infrastructure in the area. I know this maybe a big ask or expensive ask.

Zero chance. If money is tight then I think one of the OFNL resellers sells their cheapest FTTP service at around £15/m for a 10 Mbps service. That would be fine for checking emails, web browsing etc

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Tue 13-Oct-20 12:01:02)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Oct-20 11:52:53
Print Post

OFNL deployments often run in a locked out scenario, i.e. they are private estates and code powers do not apply.

Address likely to never be in Openreach database.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to