General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 28-Oct-20 21:06:57
Print Post

My migration is stuck.

[link to this post]

I am in the process of migrating from Uno to Pulse 8 but Uno charged me a cease fee as Pulse 8 had put through a full MPF export. I queried this with Uno and they helpfully suggest a SMPF move where there would be no cease fee, I think.

So I asked Pulse 8 to cancel the MPF and put through a SMPF migration. Pulse 8 cancelled the MPF but it is still showing as me moving through MPF so Pulse 8 cant raise an order for SMPF because an open order is on the line despite it being cancelled at Pulse 8 end.

Pulse 8 suggested Uno might be able to clear the line so a new order could be placed but due to Ofcom rules they cant until 2 days before the go live date.

If I am not careful I will end up without broadband. So stuck waiting for the line to clear. Uno have said they will contact the third party to see if it is stuck. Any suggestions?

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Oct-20 10:46:38
Print Post

Re: My migration is stuck.

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Not perfect advice but fiddling around with orders once placed is a recipe for things going wrong.

Better solution would have been to get Pulse8 to credit you the extra costs incurred. Not sure consumer law takes a good view of retailers adding costs unannounced and should have given you the option to back out of the migration without incurring that cost.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Thu 29-Oct-20 12:09:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

We can only advise when they happen, before they're charged, to give the opportunity to avoid them but if by "option" you mean for us cancelling the gaining order, GC24 doesn't allow that*

*Cancel other can only be placed if the gaining CP fail to cancel the order but there are time limits for this and not to be used instead of following the expected route, at least initially.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Oct-20 12:34:50
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

So you have no mechanism to cancel a migration if the customer informs you that they do not want to proceed?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Oct-20 12:46:40
Print Post

Andrew,

It is Uno that are charging the additional fee, not Pulse8 who don't charge for Fibre to Fibre migrations

Tim,

You are a fairly demanding user and I would have thought Uno much better suited to your needs. As an ex-Pulse8 customer from a couple of years ago, I would consider them very willing to help, but not as technically knowledgeable as the very best ISPs. Things may have changed for the better in the meantime though.
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Thu 29-Oct-20 13:00:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
So you have no mechanism to cancel a migration if the customer informs you that they do not want to proceed?

If they are aware of the order, which is the case here, we cannot use the cancel another facility. As per GC24. Mis-use of this tool can lead to hefty fines.

The Losing Communications Provider is not permitted to use Cancel Other where a Customer has placed the order, but wants to change their mind, for e.g. because the information he has received from the service provider does not seem consistent with what they were told at the time of the sale, or because they felt pressured by the sales agent into placing an order. In such cases, the Losing Communications Provider should direct the consumer back to the Gaining Communications Provider to cancel the order.

There is no reason code for "changed mind" as would be the case here, due to needing SMPF instead of MPF.

9000/9100
Indeterminate reason
This code should not normally be used, cancellations should take place via the other codes. However BT Wholesale do use this code when cancelling CPS orders on behalf of a CP. This is a default code on MPF if other codes have not been entered correctly

9020/9120
No authorisation given to transfer service by the customer
This code should be used when the customer advises they have been in contact/discussions with another provider, but they gave no authorisation to transfer. This code would be used if the customer thinks they are agreeing to receive information or take part in a survey/trial and it wasn’t made clear to them an order was being placed.

9040/9140
Line Cease
This code is used when there is an cessation order already in place which will prevent the transfer taking place. It should not be used to cancel an order to allow a cessation order to be placed.

9050/9150
Customer never been contacted by SP
This code should be used when the customer indicates they have not spoken to any other CP regarding the transfer of any services.

9060/9160
Deliberate attempt to mislead
This code should be used when the customer indicates they were misled into believing they were making an agreement with another supplier. It is not to be used where the customer has been given misleading information about a product/service.

9070/9170
Purchased different product/service
This code should be used when the customer indicates they have agreed to transfer a service but an order has been placed for a different product/service eg customer agreed to transfer broadband but an order is placed to transfer calls/lines.

9080/9180
Failure to cancel
This code should be used if the customer states they have asked the gaining provider to cancel the order, and the order is still live 2 working days before the transfer completion date.

9090/9190
End user not moving
This code is meant to be used for takeover orders, not transfer orders. It is used to indicate the customer is not moving from the premises where the order has been placed.

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest

Edited by uno (Thu 29-Oct-20 13:05:34)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Oct-20 13:08:41
Print Post

The order is already cancelled by Pulse8. Isn't it the BT systems that then take time to clear the order from the system before another order can be placed? Pulse8 have done their part and Uno have nothing to do as the order has already been cancelled by the losing provider.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Oct-20 13:53:19
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Did get confused on who was raising what.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Oct-20 16:48:52
Print Post

Good news TTB have cancelled the Pulse 8 MTF order to the line is now clear, mainly thanks to efforts by Uno.

@jaydub yes I know I am trying to save a few pounds but I wasn't aware of the SMPF order process until Uno mentioned it which I am glad they did. Now all remains for Pulse 8 to put the order through correctly in the correct order. The reason for move is purely down to cost.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Oct-20 17:22:38
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Pulse8's default position is SMPF on TTBW, so it's easy to see how that happened. At least you are dealing with two very proactive and communicative ISPs. Glad it is now resolved.

I'll be interested in hearing how you get along. Adam and Sam are great guys to deal with.

I don't think I'll be jumping ship anytime soon as Pulse8 are actually more expensive for me than paying for a year up front with IDNet.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to