General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Nov-20 22:10:33
Print Post

Re: My migration is stuck.

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

Am I being stupid?
The losing provider is supposed to contact you to say that they have been asked to relinquish your line. This should prevent slamming. There's no need to know the gaining provider as if being slammed you tell your provider that you don't want to move.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Nov-20 20:52:11
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

So my TTB router turned up today. No internet but been testing the wifi and its slightly faster than my Asus RT-AC68U and a good strong signal throughout the house according to my Android phone.

Will have to use the TTB router on Monday (go live date) as it is set to auto config until the engineer has been and gone. Been told to call TTB at 6pm Monday to get username and password for my Asus router.

Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Wed 18-Nov-20 21:19:25
Print Post

Your PPPoE login credentials should already be visible in the TTB router. On mine its

[email protected]
ttb1234

and entering the above into any third party router works for me. Yours might be in the format of <linenumber>@talktalkbusiness.net but whatever it is, the same credentials should work on any other router.

Not surprising the TT wifi hub appears to give you a better wifi signal than your Asus RT-AC68U, the TT kit is a 4x4 router whilst the Asus is only 3x3. If you can live without the firmware features of the Asus then I suggest you use the TT wifi hub, primarily for better wifi.

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Wed 18-Nov-20 21:24:22)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Nov-20 21:35:38
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Highland76:
Your PPPoE login credentials should already be visible in the TTB router. On mine its

[email protected]
ttb1234

and entering the above into any third party router works for me. Yours might be in the format of <linenumber>@talktalkbusiness.net but whatever it is, the same credentials should work on any other router.

Not surprising the TT wifi hub appears to give you a better wifi signal than your Asus RT-AC68U, the TT kit is a 4x4 router whilst the Asus is only 3x3. If you can live without the firmware features of the Asus then I suggest you use the TT wifi hub, primarily for better wifi.

Thanks for that, I will note those credentials down for Monday. Both routers seem to cover the house according to my phone. I will investigate changing SSIDs on the TTB router rather than reconfigure every Wifi device.

One thing I have found is the Zyxel VMG-1312-B10A connects with a better sync (54) than the TTB router which connects at 50.8. Nothing in it though really. I could use the Zyxel and the WAN port of the TTB router.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM

Edited by Banger (Wed 18-Nov-20 21:40:31)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Nov-20 21:55:19
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

I think once I am up and running on Monday I will use the TTB Router connected to the Zyxel for nice sync and the Asus as an AP for upstairs. Think that should work.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Nov-20 21:59:32
Print Post

Do you currently have a NTE5C with Mk4 filtered faceplate - not sure if the engineer will insist on installing one if you haven't?

Personally I don't like them but if it is deemed necessary...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Nov-20 22:20:59
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Success I have the TTB router running on Uno, the Asus as a AP for upstairs and the TTB router connected to the Zyxel.

@4M2 yes I already have an NTE5C with MK4 filtered faceplate. Last time I had a fault the engineer changed it. I have just been tidying up the extension wiring.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Nov-20 22:40:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by Banger:
@4M2 yes I already have an NTE5C with MK4 filtered faceplate. Last time I had a fault the engineer changed it. I have just been tidying up the extension wiring.

I would imagine that the engineer will just check the line from the test socket in that case. And with the faceplate refitted things should also be fine.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 19-Nov-20 10:07:42
Print Post

Why are they sending an engineer?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Thu 19-Nov-20 10:24:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Why are they sending an engineer?

It’s standard practice for TTB to do this on new xDSL connections (managed install). I guess it provides peace of mind to the end user, knowing the engineer doesn’t have to leave the premises until they’re happy with the speeds.

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Thu 19-Nov-20 10:24:35)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to