General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Nov-20 18:59:23
Print Post

Re: My migration is stuck.

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Cant say I would be over the moon with the current sync as 3db will take it to 65mb and the errors are on the upstream. What I can say the price reduction for round about the same sync is a no brainer to me.

Have opened a ticket with TTB and will see what happens.

Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Nov-20 19:15:32
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Good to hear that you are not currently having any issues with the "voice" frequencies on your line. I'm sure the VDSL2 side of things will become satisfactory in due course.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Nov-20 20:30:20
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Just tried the TTB login details and just get a "we're setting up your account" TTB page and no internet so they may have taken over the line but looks like the account isn't set up yet.

Tim
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Nov-20 22:21:41
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Or metaphorically: the train has arrived at an intermediate station early but cannot continue to it's destination until the timetable allows it. It's probably not actually stuck there smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 21-Nov-20 00:32:08
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sparky_paul:
I just got the impression from this post that RobertoS was saying you should complain to the gaining provider...

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The notice from the gaining one allows you to cancel for any reason, without penalty. So acts as both a cooling off period and an anti-slamming/false order defence.

The losing provider can (basically) only cancel the migration if the gaining one refuses the user's cancellation request. I forget the exact wording.

I didn't think it worked like that, given that you may not know who the gaining provider is, if you get my drift.
We are basically talking at cross purposes smile.

The Gaining Provider Led (GPL) system is designed on the basis of genuine migrations, and is as I described in the full post.

The cases where the losing provider can intervene are quite restricted, but the conversation had veered to a outlying happening.

General Condition C7 and Appendix 1 lay out the standard procedure and what to do when things go wrong.

The rules are not basically designed to prevent slamming, but do cater for it. They are designed to make migrations as easy and painless as possible for the user smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Nov-20 01:34:26
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I think DLM has intervened on my line as Re-transmission (Interleave) has changed from 8 downstream to 4.

Tim
TTB Router, Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Sat 21-Nov-20 09:22:10
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
There's not much point in Talktalk Business provisioning a line on 80/20 if it only has estimates around 20/5.
They would provision on 40/10.

But TTB charge the customer the same, irrrespective of what any line is capable of on FTTC. So what do TTB have to lose by putting a customer with low estimated speeds on the 80/20 product?

Unlike BT Retail and Sky for example, TTB have never sold anything below 80/20 since they launched FTTC services back in 2013/2014.

In the OPs case, his 55/10 cap is most likely down to the DLM. A DLM reset on migration day should fix this.

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Sat 21-Nov-20 10:05:16)

ISP Representative uno
(isp) Sat 21-Nov-20 10:18:34
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Highland76:
So what do TTB have to lose by putting a customer with low estimated speeds on the 80/20 product?

It'll save them a little bit on the product if they take a lesser speed. As john says, if they see a line only estimated at 22Mb, provisioning at 40/10 makes more sense and increases what TTB get to keep vs what they pay Openreach.

If they have placed on 55/10, this would tally with the estimated Openreach data for this line.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Sat 21-Nov-20 11:24:09
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

It would be unethical if not fraudulent for TTB to pocket the difference by provisioning someone on the 40/10 service yet charge them for 80/20 service, even though the end user (on a low speed estimate) would see zero difference between 2 services. Pretty sure OFCOM would have something to say about that.

Fluidone are another CP who provision everyone on the 80/20 FTTC profile, irrespective of speed estimates. Many business only CPs take the same approach.

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Sat 21-Nov-20 11:33:27
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Highland76:
Pretty sure OFCOM would have something to say about that.

I'm not sure they would. If TTB are providing the service agreed, within a personal speed estimate, they've not done anything wrong. If they are simply saying to all customers they will get "up to" 80/20Mb without any specific estimate that is where questions would need to be asked if the rate is artificially capped. The question would be what product has been sold to the OP, one based on a personal speed estimate or one sold on upper rates the product should achieve i.e 80/20.

I don't agree with this practice though, if a customer pays for, or expects a specific product at the Openreach level, i.e 40/10, 80/20, that is what we would provision and never deviate from it.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to