General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Oct-20 17:07:35
Print Post

Re: My migration is stuck.

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

I would stay with uno for the time being. Are you still monitoring a possible line fault? If you are and the line is still not fully optimal (Openreach side of the NTE5) then an SFI engineer visit could be easily booked by uno....
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Oct-20 18:01:35
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
I would stay with uno for the time being. Are you still monitoring a possible line fault? If you are and the line is still not fully optimal (Openreach side of the NTE5) then an SFI engineer visit could be easily booked by uno....

While that's usually a great suggestion, there's diddly squat an OpenReach engineer could do about his intermittent fault.

The PPP session (not DSL link) intermittently breaks when the line is under heavy load.

The likelihood is switching ISP will resolve this issue, which is likely an issue at Uno's end.*

* He's had a port swap and switched his modem and router a few times. It isn't OpenReach's part of the circuit at fault.
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Fri 30-Oct-20 20:16:35
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
The likelihood is switching ISP will resolve this issue, which is likely an issue at Uno's end.*

* He's had a port swap and switched his modem and router a few times. It isn't OpenReach's part of the circuit at fault.

This was resolved some time ago and was related to Openreach and fixed itself after DLM adjusted the line. Potentially linked to the subsequent voice line fault.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest

Edited by uno (Fri 30-Oct-20 20:18:53)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 20:45:26
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Yes as Matt says both faults have resolved themselves the change is purely due to cost. £55 for Uno pm vs £38 pm Pulse. Happy with the service from Uno but need to budget.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:15:02
Print Post

£38pm buys you 80/20 FTTC with a a fixed IP address, but the phone line costs an extra £6, so £44. Looking at the Uno prices, I'm struggling to see how you get up to £55pm even including their phone line. I'm obviously missing something here.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:19:03
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

I think uno prices are not Vat-inclusive.

Consumer (as opposed to Business) Ts & Cs, Para 13.3
The price of a Product or Service excludes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being ....

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 30-Oct-20 21:24:44)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:22:19
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

I may be wrong but as I understand it, it is £36 including phone line on Pulse 8 that's what I signed up for the P8 Home with fixed IP. Uno is charging me £35 for BB £10 plus calls which average out including VAT at £55 pm.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:30:24
Print Post

On this page it is £36 plus £2 for the fixed IP address. ((Top of the Bolt-ons on the right)

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:32:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes that is where I ordered from and at the top "Including Line rental".

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Oct-20 23:26:38
Print Post

I agree. But you said you are getting a fixed IP address. That takes it to £38 smile.

========================
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to