General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 23:28:01
Print Post

Re: My migration is stuck.

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Indeed. laugh

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Nov-20 10:50:31
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
I may be wrong but as I understand it, it is £36 including phone line on Pulse 8 that's what I signed up for the P8 Home with fixed IP. Uno is charging me £35 for BB £10 plus calls which average out including VAT at £55 pm.

My apologies, Tim. I had completely forgotten that the line rental was included in the £36 (or £38 with Fixed IP).

My single thread TBB speeds were a bit variable when I was with Pulse 8, but I am testing on an iMac which is quite sensitive to browser and AV combinations, so this may have had nothing to do with Pulse8's underlying TTw backhaul.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Nov-20 19:45:35
Print Post

So exactly what price will you be paying for this Pulse8 VDSL2 SMPF deal assuming it is possible? Presumably you also want line rental separately with Pulse8 but the pricing that I have seen appears to be for a MPF fiber and phone (TTB?) bundle + fixed IP...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 01-Nov-20 19:47:51
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

£38 if more I presume I will have to digitally sign another contract.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Nov-20 20:12:41
Print Post

FTTC MPF looks the most likely option with Pulse8 - however if you can get a SMPF broadband and line rental deal + fixed IP for £38 on a one month minimum term without cease and activation fees that would certainly suit your current needs.

Good luck.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-Nov-20 00:45:31
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In what way does the MPF deal not satisfy his needs?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Nov-20 09:45:18
Print Post

The MPF solution generates an Uno cease fee, Bob, whereas SMPF doesn't. Can't quite get my head around why, but that is where this thread started.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-Nov-20 10:42:18
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Ah.

But I've just remembered from the days I was thinking seriously about going with Pulse8 that they do not do SMPF broadband, so the question doesn't arise.

They do line rental by itself, so you can have your broadband elsewhere like I did, but not the other way round.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:27:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
But I've just remembered from the days I was thinking seriously about going with Pulse8 that they do not do SMPF broadband, so the question doesn't arise.

They do line rental by itself, so you can have your broadband elsewhere like I did, but not the other way round.

Tims SMPF order is taking both landline and broadband from Pulse8 so no such worries.

I'm curious as to why a cease was being charged though.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:32:01
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Under what circumstances is the cease fee charged and why does migrating to SMPF rather than MPF make a difference to it?

Isn't Banger migrating from a TTB backhaul to TTB backhaul service?

I was under the impression the cease fee was charged by BT Wholesale for ceasing a broadband order they provided.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to