General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:36:04
Print Post

Re: My migration is stuck.

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

I can't go through every eventuality but in this case, the SMPF service is ceasing and this is due to going to MPF and thus charged. If we get a cease fee from them, it is passed on.

Even when we used to have SMPF to MPF migrations, we'd see the charge and whilst we'd absorb this, we don't do that when a line is leaving entirely for obvious reasons. Partly why we have not touched MPF for new connections in over 2 years.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-Nov-20 13:09:14
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
Tims SMPF order is taking both landline and broadband from Pulse8 so no such worries.
I think the only way Pulse8 could do that would be to take the line first, then take the broadband. That is one way they could work it within their existing systems, which are highly automated. (Joining is all done via editable and signable forms). IIRC they will do SMPF supply.

I would be surprised to see that a broadband cease fee would not still be chargeable. Matt may tell us.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Nov-20 13:24:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I think the only way Pulse8 could do that would be to take the line first, then take the broadband.

They can migrate SMPF to SMPF (or even MPF to SMPF) at the same time.
No need to do the line first then take the broadband.
Unless I'm misunderstanding you?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Nov-20 17:36:40
Print Post

In what way does the MPF deal not satisfy his needs?

That could involve both cease and activation fees? If during the first month or two the service is, for what ever reason, unsatisfactory that could prove to be a rather expensive move even when one considers it to be on a one month minimum term.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-Nov-20 19:51:32
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I think you and john83 need to familiarise themselves with Pulse8Broadband's systems smile.

What is technically possible is not necessarily possible in the internal systems of all CPs when both BT Wholesale and Openreach may be involved.

As we can see in many cases. Such as the creation or not of a cease charge that gave rise to this discussion. Plus also in this case, TalkTalk Business.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Nov-20 20:37:20
Print Post

I think you and john83 need to familiarise themselves with Pulse8Broadband's systems smile.

What I see from the Pulse8 site is that fibre to fibre migrations are free if there is an existing fibre service and no mention of SMPF to MPF migrations. So that is unfortunately the extent of my familiarization smile If the existing fibre SMPF service is ceased then what are the overall financial consequences if one went ahead with a move to Pulse8 fibre MPF?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-Nov-20 21:10:13
Print Post

As I remember from years ago, their default is MPF on TTB Wholesale. They do not do BTW broadband.

In the case of people on ISPs such as Plusnet where the minimum terms of broadband and line rental could often be out of sync, then they were prepared to supply just the broadband on TTB then bring the line across when the other contract expired. AIRI that would be to MPF.

I vaguely recall form reports on these forums that they now allow SMPF with both services on their system, with the line on BTW, but I'm not sure. At the time I considered migrating my broadband to them it was MPF or nothing.

Migrating just the line to them has always been possible. Mine was long-term with BT, whilst my broadband moved several times on BTW backhaul. When I got fed up with BT's silly phone pricing I moved my line to P8, staying on BT Wholesale.

As for the current finances, I've no idea. You can find out as easily as I could.

========================
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Nov-20 22:20:59
Print Post

When I got fed up with BT's silly phone pricing I moved my line to P8, staying on BT Wholesale.

Yes I felt the same way about BT, so I moved the landline to uno BTw where I got a discount (and it was free for several months) due to already having uno TTB ADSL SMPF.

Also I do recall that uno (then xilo) would charge a fee if one wished to move "internally" from an uno/xilo SMPF ADSL service to an uno/xilo BT based ADSL service. Not sure what happens with FTTC migrations etc. (and the condition of the 50 year old underground copper pairs) so I'm patiently waiting for FTTP before quitting ADSL.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 03-Nov-20 01:07:12
Print Post

You might find recent unlimited mobile data contracts faster and cheaper than ADSLx smile. Even if your network has congestion at heavy periods. I even ditched the landline as well as about 60Mbps FTTC nearly two years ago.

I used pure tethering sometimes as a wifi hotspot, sometimes by USB initially to drive my laptop and iPad. But that's only useful if you live alone, as the broadband goes out with you. Home Wifi from Three/EE/Vodafone all fairly cheap. I now have an unlimited data Home Wifi as well to drive security camera feeds to the cloud, and my Smart TV since I got one a few months ago.

========================
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Nov-20 09:02:30
Print Post

What I see from the Pulse8 site is that fibre to fibre migrations are free
It is, Pulse8 are not charging. However, the losing ISP have it in their terms that they charge when someone leaves. Pulse8 site is correct from their end - they are not responsible for the charges the other provider makes.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to