General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Nov-20 17:00:27
Print Post

Re: My migration is stuck.

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

An interesting relevant quote from the a&a site: "If you have broadband from us using SMPF and go to a telco that uses MPF for telephone (with or without broadband) that will cut off your broadband with us - so be careful. And change to/from MPF or between MPF providers means changing telephone and broadband services and may also mean porting a phone number, all of which adds hassle and cost." - MPF, SMPF and costs for changing carrier https://support.aa.net.uk/Difference_between_backhau...

So yes there are, in general, justifiable costs involved.

Edited by 4M2 (Tue 03-Nov-20 17:16:24)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Nov-20 22:25:14
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Pulse 8 have informed me tonight that all attempts to transfer the line are failing due to the existing cease on the line. I am at my wits end and suggested waiting to the 9th when the cease expires and try the transfer again. But Pulse 8 said I might get cut off. Any suggestions? I am not worried about paying a cease fee or reconnection fee it maybe unavoidable but what I am worried about is losing my long standing number and having to tell all and Sundry that I have a new number or I would have gone with TTB direct who have a free standard line install offer which means getting out of the Pulse 8 contract.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Nov-20 23:04:32
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Last Thursday you said:
In reply to a post by Banger:
Good news TTB have cancelled the Pulse 8 MTF order to the line is now clear, mainly thanks to efforts by Uno.

Does that mean that you can just stay with uno TTB VDSL2 and BTw line rental (SMPF) for another month or so in order to perhaps reevaluate the situation? Have Matt and the crew at uno given you anymore advice?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Nov-20 23:08:42
Print Post

Uno told me I would remain with them but Pulse 8 are trying different methods to raise an order which are being rejected. Uno haven't offered any advice other than to say the line is clear of a cease from their end. I dont know if Pulse 8 are over worrying but I need to keep my number as there are far too many people to tell. I dont mind downtime.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Wed 04-Nov-20 23:15:57
Print Post

There isn't much else we can advise here.

The line is clear of the cease that the gaining CP placed (confirmed 2nd Nov) and it is really down to them now to manage that process and resolve any issues they're facing as Openreach show no pending orders on the line, of any sort.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Nov-20 23:24:18
Print Post

I understand, but for sure you don't want any possible complications with the line rental migration. As has been mentioned by others in this thread you could go initially with a line rental migration to Pulse8 and I imagine that would safely keep the line with BTw. The uno broadband migration to Pulse8 could be considered later even if that involved some down time and additional costs...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Nov-20 23:27:24
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Matt will my line stay with Uno for the time being or cease on the 9th as Pulse 8 are saying?

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Nov-20 19:17:20
Print Post

Well tomorrow is the day I find out if the cease is still on the line or not.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Nov-20 21:02:44
Print Post

I hope that the issues that appear to be causing problems with the VSDL2 and line rental migration to Pulse8 can be resolved by them. It does seem though that their fibre migration policy/process, as briefly worded on their website, might be a little misleading if one orders a MPF service when coming from SMPF.

BTW have you had problems with uno today? I was having issues with opening websites although I could, for example, ping bbc.co.uk but not open the BBC News homepage. According to uno's status page there were network issues, something to do with VRRP - which now seems to be resolved. Also at the same time there were problems with my my backup '3' 3g connection where there were also certain web pages would not open, such as this TBB site, but the BBC News homepage partially did.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Nov-20 21:21:26
Print Post

I also hope Pulse 8 can sort the ordering problems. Might have to bite the bullet if they cant put through an SMPF order and go MPF and pay the cease fee.

No problems with UNO today although haven't visited BBC today but TBB has been working fine.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to