General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Nov-20 16:54:30
Print Post

Re: My migration is stuck.

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

So TTB rang me today and said I could transfer my number for a 2 year contract @ £22.95 + VAT and gave me a go live of the 23rd this month so I have signed up and cancelled the Pulse 8 contract. Hope it goes smoothly.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Mon 09-Nov-20 17:06:47
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
So TTB rang me today and said I could transfer my number for a 2 year contract @ £22.95 + VAT and gave me a go live of the 23rd this month so I have signed up and cancelled the Pulse 8 contract. Hope it goes smoothly.

That’s a great price for a business grade 80/20 service 👍

You’ll be fine with TBB, 24 month contract is a bit of a pain but they let you leave without penalty anytime if they can’t fix any kind of fault within 28 days as per OFCOM’s business Broadband code of practice. They’re just one of a few CPs who’ve signed up to this.

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Nov-20 17:28:24
Print Post

I'm sure it will be OK since you currently have resold TTB FTTC broadband and I assume it's just a matter of OpenReach sorting out your landline and converting the line to MPF. Hopefully your main aim of saving money will soon be realized. Good luck smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 09-Nov-20 18:22:49
Print Post

So does that get you out of the uno £40 cease fee?

So £27.54, for effectively the same as Pulse8? How much was that?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 09-Nov-20 18:24:30)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Nov-20 18:25:06
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Not sure, soon find out when the order is processed.

£36 pm

Tim
Speed Test

BQM

Edited by Banger (Mon 09-Nov-20 18:26:03)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Nov-20 19:57:36
Print Post

The TTB "Black Friday Offer" (?) of Superfast Fibre https://www.talktalk.co.uk/business/product/simplybb also looks pretty good @ £22.95 (excl VAT) if one doesn't make many outgoing calls. No connection fee and free static IP but has a 24 month contract!

I guess their "Complete Broadband" package suits you better with the option of unlimited UK landline and mobile calls...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Nov-20 20:05:10
Print Post

That's the one I have signed up for. smile Just had a cease fee notification from Uno oh well the money I will save over the year will more than pay for that.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Nov-20 20:19:38
Print Post

That's the one I have signed up for. smile Just had a cease fee notification from Uno oh well the money I will save over the year will more than pay for that.

Oh right! Sorry I misread the costs of the packages with and without VAT. Regarding the cease fee Matt did mention that a change from SMPF to MPF would probably involve a cease fee but as you say in the long term that is nothing to be overly concerned about smile
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Nov-20 09:06:12
Print Post

Got a text confirming my go live date this morning at 8am. That's pretty efficient.

Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Nov-20 16:35:23
Print Post

What are you going to do with regard to modems? Is the free "New Business Wi-Fi Hub" any good? Guess you will know when you try one...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to