General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 28-Oct-20 21:06:57
Print Post

My migration is stuck.

[link to this post]

I am in the process of migrating from Uno to Pulse 8 but Uno charged me a cease fee as Pulse 8 had put through a full MPF export. I queried this with Uno and they helpfully suggest a SMPF move where there would be no cease fee, I think.

So I asked Pulse 8 to cancel the MPF and put through a SMPF migration. Pulse 8 cancelled the MPF but it is still showing as me moving through MPF so Pulse 8 cant raise an order for SMPF because an open order is on the line despite it being cancelled at Pulse 8 end.

Pulse 8 suggested Uno might be able to clear the line so a new order could be placed but due to Ofcom rules they cant until 2 days before the go live date.

If I am not careful I will end up without broadband. So stuck waiting for the line to clear. Uno have said they will contact the third party to see if it is stuck. Any suggestions?

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Oct-20 10:46:38
Print Post

Re: My migration is stuck.

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Not perfect advice but fiddling around with orders once placed is a recipe for things going wrong.

Better solution would have been to get Pulse8 to credit you the extra costs incurred. Not sure consumer law takes a good view of retailers adding costs unannounced and should have given you the option to back out of the migration without incurring that cost.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Thu 29-Oct-20 12:09:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

We can only advise when they happen, before they're charged, to give the opportunity to avoid them but if by "option" you mean for us cancelling the gaining order, GC24 doesn't allow that*

*Cancel other can only be placed if the gaining CP fail to cancel the order but there are time limits for this and not to be used instead of following the expected route, at least initially.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Oct-20 12:34:50
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

So you have no mechanism to cancel a migration if the customer informs you that they do not want to proceed?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Oct-20 12:46:40
Print Post

Andrew,

It is Uno that are charging the additional fee, not Pulse8 who don't charge for Fibre to Fibre migrations

Tim,

You are a fairly demanding user and I would have thought Uno much better suited to your needs. As an ex-Pulse8 customer from a couple of years ago, I would consider them very willing to help, but not as technically knowledgeable as the very best ISPs. Things may have changed for the better in the meantime though.
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Thu 29-Oct-20 13:00:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
So you have no mechanism to cancel a migration if the customer informs you that they do not want to proceed?

If they are aware of the order, which is the case here, we cannot use the cancel another facility. As per GC24. Mis-use of this tool can lead to hefty fines.

The Losing Communications Provider is not permitted to use Cancel Other where a Customer has placed the order, but wants to change their mind, for e.g. because the information he has received from the service provider does not seem consistent with what they were told at the time of the sale, or because they felt pressured by the sales agent into placing an order. In such cases, the Losing Communications Provider should direct the consumer back to the Gaining Communications Provider to cancel the order.

There is no reason code for "changed mind" as would be the case here, due to needing SMPF instead of MPF.

9000/9100
Indeterminate reason
This code should not normally be used, cancellations should take place via the other codes. However BT Wholesale do use this code when cancelling CPS orders on behalf of a CP. This is a default code on MPF if other codes have not been entered correctly

9020/9120
No authorisation given to transfer service by the customer
This code should be used when the customer advises they have been in contact/discussions with another provider, but they gave no authorisation to transfer. This code would be used if the customer thinks they are agreeing to receive information or take part in a survey/trial and it wasn’t made clear to them an order was being placed.

9040/9140
Line Cease
This code is used when there is an cessation order already in place which will prevent the transfer taking place. It should not be used to cancel an order to allow a cessation order to be placed.

9050/9150
Customer never been contacted by SP
This code should be used when the customer indicates they have not spoken to any other CP regarding the transfer of any services.

9060/9160
Deliberate attempt to mislead
This code should be used when the customer indicates they were misled into believing they were making an agreement with another supplier. It is not to be used where the customer has been given misleading information about a product/service.

9070/9170
Purchased different product/service
This code should be used when the customer indicates they have agreed to transfer a service but an order has been placed for a different product/service eg customer agreed to transfer broadband but an order is placed to transfer calls/lines.

9080/9180
Failure to cancel
This code should be used if the customer states they have asked the gaining provider to cancel the order, and the order is still live 2 working days before the transfer completion date.

9090/9190
End user not moving
This code is meant to be used for takeover orders, not transfer orders. It is used to indicate the customer is not moving from the premises where the order has been placed.

uno Communications
uno Speedtest

Edited by uno (Thu 29-Oct-20 13:05:34)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Oct-20 13:08:41
Print Post

The order is already cancelled by Pulse8. Isn't it the BT systems that then take time to clear the order from the system before another order can be placed? Pulse8 have done their part and Uno have nothing to do as the order has already been cancelled by the losing provider.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Oct-20 13:53:19
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Did get confused on who was raising what.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Oct-20 16:48:52
Print Post

Good news TTB have cancelled the Pulse 8 MTF order to the line is now clear, mainly thanks to efforts by Uno.

@jaydub yes I know I am trying to save a few pounds but I wasn't aware of the SMPF order process until Uno mentioned it which I am glad they did. Now all remains for Pulse 8 to put the order through correctly in the correct order. The reason for move is purely down to cost.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Oct-20 17:22:38
Print Post

Pulse8's default position is SMPF on TTBW, so it's easy to see how that happened. At least you are dealing with two very proactive and communicative ISPs. Glad it is now resolved.

I'll be interested in hearing how you get along. Adam and Sam are great guys to deal with.

I don't think I'll be jumping ship anytime soon as Pulse8 are actually more expensive for me than paying for a year up front with IDNet.
Standard User adslmax
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Oct-20 17:28:06
Print Post

Yes Pulse 8 are far too expensive no wonder they have all products FTTC & Gfast as no contract at all (just 30 days rolling on with advance payment)

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Oct-20 17:40:01
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

You tend to get what you pay for in life, Max.

Tim and I are obviously happy paying more than you do with PN to get the freater flexibility that the likes of Pulse 8 and IDNet offer.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal choice and we make our own decisions based on what is most important to us.

Each ISP that is in business has a business model that works for them. If they didn't they wouldn't last long in this business.

Pulse8 might be too expensive for you but obviously not for others, otherwise they wouldn't still be around.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Oct-20 18:32:06
Print Post

I've always steered clear of PN due to slowdowns I used to read about, maybe better for me. ISPreview has all 5 star reviews of Pulse 8 and I wanted to avoid the BT network so those were the main decisions behind my choice.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User partial
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Oct-20 22:01:54
Print Post

I would exercise extreme caution on ISPReview reviews. The sample size is unbelievably small and even with the unbelievably small sample sizes I have spotted ISP Review removing negative reviews of the owners favoured providers and lightning fast rebuttals of unfavourable reviews of the owners favoured providers.

ISPReview is an opinion on press releases site and should be treated as such.

I have no view on the benefits of either of the providers mentioned.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Oct-20 23:11:44
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Ta. I will only find out when I'm on the service and it's a month contract but need to save some dosh.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User adslmax
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 02:34:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by Banger:
I've always steered clear of PN due to slowdowns I used to read about

My PN was fine with FTTC getting 74/19 no issues since 2014 only got banded on the line once by DLM few years ago.

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 08:03:13
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Hmmm

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 08:14:49
Print Post

I've always steered clear of PN due to slowdowns I used to read about,
I was of the same mind with PN and with VirginMedia, but I was then a customer of PN for 6 years, without a single slowdown. Max's issues are interesting and could be local congestion connecting the exchange back to the backhaul, so would affect all BTw ISPs and hence would be fixed pretty quickly.

VM used to throttle based on usage, but that stopped a few years ago.

21 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User adslmax
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 08:37:37
Print Post

Yeah but changing gateway has resolved it.

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 16:38:58
Print Post

So Pulse 8 say the order is still failing due to a cease on the line and will try again next week yet Uno have already issued a refund for the cease on the line. Arggg

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Oct-20 17:07:35
Print Post

I would stay with uno for the time being. Are you still monitoring a possible line fault? If you are and the line is still not fully optimal (Openreach side of the NTE5) then an SFI engineer visit could be easily booked by uno....
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Oct-20 18:01:35
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
I would stay with uno for the time being. Are you still monitoring a possible line fault? If you are and the line is still not fully optimal (Openreach side of the NTE5) then an SFI engineer visit could be easily booked by uno....

While that's usually a great suggestion, there's diddly squat an OpenReach engineer could do about his intermittent fault.

The PPP session (not DSL link) intermittently breaks when the line is under heavy load.

The likelihood is switching ISP will resolve this issue, which is likely an issue at Uno's end.*

* He's had a port swap and switched his modem and router a few times. It isn't OpenReach's part of the circuit at fault.
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Fri 30-Oct-20 20:16:35
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
The likelihood is switching ISP will resolve this issue, which is likely an issue at Uno's end.*

* He's had a port swap and switched his modem and router a few times. It isn't OpenReach's part of the circuit at fault.

This was resolved some time ago and was related to Openreach and fixed itself after DLM adjusted the line. Potentially linked to the subsequent voice line fault.

Matt

uno Communications
uno Speedtest

Edited by uno (Fri 30-Oct-20 20:18:53)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 20:45:26
Print Post

Yes as Matt says both faults have resolved themselves the change is purely due to cost. £55 for Uno pm vs £38 pm Pulse. Happy with the service from Uno but need to budget.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:15:02
Print Post

£38pm buys you 80/20 FTTC with a a fixed IP address, but the phone line costs an extra £6, so £44. Looking at the Uno prices, I'm struggling to see how you get up to £55pm even including their phone line. I'm obviously missing something here.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:19:03
Print Post

I think uno prices are not Vat-inclusive.

Consumer (as opposed to Business) Ts & Cs, Para 13.3
The price of a Product or Service excludes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being ....

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 30-Oct-20 21:24:44)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:22:19
Print Post

I may be wrong but as I understand it, it is £36 including phone line on Pulse 8 that's what I signed up for the P8 Home with fixed IP. Uno is charging me £35 for BB £10 plus calls which average out including VAT at £55 pm.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:30:24
Print Post

On this page it is £36 plus £2 for the fixed IP address. ((Top of the Bolt-ons on the right)

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:32:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes that is where I ordered from and at the top "Including Line rental".

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Oct-20 23:26:38
Print Post

I agree. But you said you are getting a fixed IP address. That takes it to £38 smile.

========================
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 23:28:01
Print Post

Indeed. laugh

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Nov-20 10:50:31
Print Post

I may be wrong but as I understand it, it is £36 including phone line on Pulse 8 that's what I signed up for the P8 Home with fixed IP. Uno is charging me £35 for BB £10 plus calls which average out including VAT at £55 pm.

My apologies, Tim. I had completely forgotten that the line rental was included in the £36 (or £38 with Fixed IP).

My single thread TBB speeds were a bit variable when I was with Pulse 8, but I am testing on an iMac which is quite sensitive to browser and AV combinations, so this may have had nothing to do with Pulse8's underlying TTw backhaul.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Nov-20 19:45:35
Print Post

So exactly what price will you be paying for this Pulse8 VDSL2 SMPF deal assuming it is possible? Presumably you also want line rental separately with Pulse8 but the pricing that I have seen appears to be for a MPF fiber and phone (TTB?) bundle + fixed IP...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 01-Nov-20 19:47:51
Print Post

£38 if more I presume I will have to digitally sign another contract.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Nov-20 20:12:41
Print Post

FTTC MPF looks the most likely option with Pulse8 - however if you can get a SMPF broadband and line rental deal + fixed IP for £38 on a one month minimum term without cease and activation fees that would certainly suit your current needs.

Good luck.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-Nov-20 00:45:31
Print Post

In what way does the MPF deal not satisfy his needs?

========================
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Nov-20 09:45:18
Print Post

The MPF solution generates an Uno cease fee, Bob, whereas SMPF doesn't. Can't quite get my head around why, but that is where this thread started.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-Nov-20 10:42:18
Print Post

Ah.

But I've just remembered from the days I was thinking seriously about going with Pulse8 that they do not do SMPF broadband, so the question doesn't arise.

They do line rental by itself, so you can have your broadband elsewhere like I did, but not the other way round.

========================
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:27:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
But I've just remembered from the days I was thinking seriously about going with Pulse8 that they do not do SMPF broadband, so the question doesn't arise.

They do line rental by itself, so you can have your broadband elsewhere like I did, but not the other way round.

Tims SMPF order is taking both landline and broadband from Pulse8 so no such worries.

I'm curious as to why a cease was being charged though.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:32:01
Print Post

Under what circumstances is the cease fee charged and why does migrating to SMPF rather than MPF make a difference to it?

Isn't Banger migrating from a TTB backhaul to TTB backhaul service?

I was under the impression the cease fee was charged by BT Wholesale for ceasing a broadband order they provided.
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Mon 02-Nov-20 11:36:04
Print Post

I can't go through every eventuality but in this case, the SMPF service is ceasing and this is due to going to MPF and thus charged. If we get a cease fee from them, it is passed on.

Even when we used to have SMPF to MPF migrations, we'd see the charge and whilst we'd absorb this, we don't do that when a line is leaving entirely for obvious reasons. Partly why we have not touched MPF for new connections in over 2 years.

Matt

uno Communications
uno Speedtest
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-Nov-20 13:09:14
Print Post

Tims SMPF order is taking both landline and broadband from Pulse8 so no such worries.
I think the only way Pulse8 could do that would be to take the line first, then take the broadband. That is one way they could work it within their existing systems, which are highly automated. (Joining is all done via editable and signable forms). IIRC they will do SMPF supply.

I would be surprised to see that a broadband cease fee would not still be chargeable. Matt may tell us.

========================
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Nov-20 13:24:57
Print Post

I think the only way Pulse8 could do that would be to take the line first, then take the broadband.

They can migrate SMPF to SMPF (or even MPF to SMPF) at the same time.
No need to do the line first then take the broadband.
Unless I'm misunderstanding you?
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Nov-20 17:36:40
Print Post

In what way does the MPF deal not satisfy his needs?

That could involve both cease and activation fees? If during the first month or two the service is, for what ever reason, unsatisfactory that could prove to be a rather expensive move even when one considers it to be on a one month minimum term.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-Nov-20 19:51:32
Print Post

I think you and john83 need to familiarise themselves with Pulse8Broadband's systems smile.

What is technically possible is not necessarily possible in the internal systems of all CPs when both BT Wholesale and Openreach may be involved.

As we can see in many cases. Such as the creation or not of a cease charge that gave rise to this discussion. Plus also in this case, TalkTalk Business.

========================
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Nov-20 20:37:20
Print Post

I think you and john83 need to familiarise themselves with Pulse8Broadband's systems smile.

What I see from the Pulse8 site is that fibre to fibre migrations are free if there is an existing fibre service and no mention of SMPF to MPF migrations. So that is unfortunately the extent of my familiarization smile If the existing fibre SMPF service is ceased then what are the overall financial consequences if one went ahead with a move to Pulse8 fibre MPF?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-Nov-20 21:10:13
Print Post

As I remember from years ago, their default is MPF on TTB Wholesale. They do not do BTW broadband.

In the case of people on ISPs such as Plusnet where the minimum terms of broadband and line rental could often be out of sync, then they were prepared to supply just the broadband on TTB then bring the line across when the other contract expired. AIRI that would be to MPF.

I vaguely recall form reports on these forums that they now allow SMPF with both services on their system, with the line on BTW, but I'm not sure. At the time I considered migrating my broadband to them it was MPF or nothing.

Migrating just the line to them has always been possible. Mine was long-term with BT, whilst my broadband moved several times on BTW backhaul. When I got fed up with BT's silly phone pricing I moved my line to P8, staying on BT Wholesale.

As for the current finances, I've no idea. You can find out as easily as I could.

========================
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Nov-20 22:20:59
Print Post

When I got fed up with BT's silly phone pricing I moved my line to P8, staying on BT Wholesale.

Yes I felt the same way about BT, so I moved the landline to uno BTw where I got a discount (and it was free for several months) due to already having uno TTB ADSL SMPF.

Also I do recall that uno (then xilo) would charge a fee if one wished to move "internally" from an uno/xilo SMPF ADSL service to an uno/xilo BT based ADSL service. Not sure what happens with FTTC migrations etc. (and the condition of the 50 year old underground copper pairs) so I'm patiently waiting for FTTP before quitting ADSL.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 03-Nov-20 01:07:12
Print Post

You might find recent unlimited mobile data contracts faster and cheaper than ADSLx smile. Even if your network has congestion at heavy periods. I even ditched the landline as well as about 60Mbps FTTC nearly two years ago.

I used pure tethering sometimes as a wifi hotspot, sometimes by USB initially to drive my laptop and iPad. But that's only useful if you live alone, as the broadband goes out with you. Home Wifi from Three/EE/Vodafone all fairly cheap. I now have an unlimited data Home Wifi as well to drive security camera feeds to the cloud, and my Smart TV since I got one a few months ago.

========================
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Nov-20 09:02:30
Print Post

What I see from the Pulse8 site is that fibre to fibre migrations are free
It is, Pulse8 are not charging. However, the losing ISP have it in their terms that they charge when someone leaves. Pulse8 site is correct from their end - they are not responsible for the charges the other provider makes.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Nov-20 17:00:27
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

An interesting relevant quote from the a&a site: "If you have broadband from us using SMPF and go to a telco that uses MPF for telephone (with or without broadband) that will cut off your broadband with us - so be careful. And change to/from MPF or between MPF providers means changing telephone and broadband services and may also mean porting a phone number, all of which adds hassle and cost." - MPF, SMPF and costs for changing carrier https://support.aa.net.uk/Difference_between_backhau...

So yes there are, in general, justifiable costs involved.

Edited by 4M2 (Tue 03-Nov-20 17:16:24)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Nov-20 22:25:14
Print Post

Pulse 8 have informed me tonight that all attempts to transfer the line are failing due to the existing cease on the line. I am at my wits end and suggested waiting to the 9th when the cease expires and try the transfer again. But Pulse 8 said I might get cut off. Any suggestions? I am not worried about paying a cease fee or reconnection fee it maybe unavoidable but what I am worried about is losing my long standing number and having to tell all and Sundry that I have a new number or I would have gone with TTB direct who have a free standard line install offer which means getting out of the Pulse 8 contract.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Nov-20 23:04:32
Print Post

Last Thursday you said:
Good news TTB have cancelled the Pulse 8 MTF order to the line is now clear, mainly thanks to efforts by Uno.

Does that mean that you can just stay with uno TTB VDSL2 and BTw line rental (SMPF) for another month or so in order to perhaps reevaluate the situation? Have Matt and the crew at uno given you anymore advice?
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Nov-20 23:08:42
Print Post

Uno told me I would remain with them but Pulse 8 are trying different methods to raise an order which are being rejected. Uno haven't offered any advice other than to say the line is clear of a cease from their end. I dont know if Pulse 8 are over worrying but I need to keep my number as there are far too many people to tell. I dont mind downtime.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Wed 04-Nov-20 23:15:57
Print Post

There isn't much else we can advise here.

The line is clear of the cease that the gaining CP placed (confirmed 2nd Nov) and it is really down to them now to manage that process and resolve any issues they're facing as Openreach show no pending orders on the line, of any sort.

Matt

uno Communications
uno Speedtest
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Nov-20 23:24:18
Print Post

I understand, but for sure you don't want any possible complications with the line rental migration. As has been mentioned by others in this thread you could go initially with a line rental migration to Pulse8 and I imagine that would safely keep the line with BTw. The uno broadband migration to Pulse8 could be considered later even if that involved some down time and additional costs...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Nov-20 23:27:24
Print Post

Matt will my line stay with Uno for the time being or cease on the 9th as Pulse 8 are saying?

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Nov-20 19:17:20
Print Post

Well tomorrow is the day I find out if the cease is still on the line or not.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Nov-20 21:02:44
Print Post

I hope that the issues that appear to be causing problems with the VSDL2 and line rental migration to Pulse8 can be resolved by them. It does seem though that their fibre migration policy/process, as briefly worded on their website, might be a little misleading if one orders a MPF service when coming from SMPF.

BTW have you had problems with uno today? I was having issues with opening websites although I could, for example, ping bbc.co.uk but not open the BBC News homepage. According to uno's status page there were network issues, something to do with VRRP - which now seems to be resolved. Also at the same time there were problems with my my backup '3' 3g connection where there were also certain web pages would not open, such as this TBB site, but the BBC News homepage partially did.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Nov-20 21:21:26
Print Post

I also hope Pulse 8 can sort the ordering problems. Might have to bite the bullet if they cant put through an SMPF order and go MPF and pay the cease fee.

No problems with UNO today although haven't visited BBC today but TBB has been working fine.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Nov-20 16:54:30
Print Post

So TTB rang me today and said I could transfer my number for a 2 year contract @ £22.95 + VAT and gave me a go live of the 23rd this month so I have signed up and cancelled the Pulse 8 contract. Hope it goes smoothly.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Mon 09-Nov-20 17:06:47
Print Post

So TTB rang me today and said I could transfer my number for a 2 year contract @ £22.95 + VAT and gave me a go live of the 23rd this month so I have signed up and cancelled the Pulse 8 contract. Hope it goes smoothly.

That’s a great price for a business grade 80/20 service 👍

You’ll be fine with TBB, 24 month contract is a bit of a pain but they let you leave without penalty anytime if they can’t fix any kind of fault within 28 days as per OFCOM’s business Broadband code of practice. They’re just one of a few CPs who’ve signed up to this.

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Nov-20 17:28:24
Print Post

I'm sure it will be OK since you currently have resold TTB FTTC broadband and I assume it's just a matter of OpenReach sorting out your landline and converting the line to MPF. Hopefully your main aim of saving money will soon be realized. Good luck smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 09-Nov-20 18:22:49
Print Post

So does that get you out of the uno £40 cease fee?

So £27.54, for effectively the same as Pulse8? How much was that?

========================

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 09-Nov-20 18:24:30)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Nov-20 18:25:06
Print Post

Not sure, soon find out when the order is processed.

£36 pm

Tim
Speed Test

BQM

Edited by Banger (Mon 09-Nov-20 18:26:03)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Nov-20 19:57:36
Print Post

The TTB "Black Friday Offer" (?) of Superfast Fibre https://www.talktalk.co.uk/business/product/simplybb also looks pretty good @ £22.95 (excl VAT) if one doesn't make many outgoing calls. No connection fee and free static IP but has a 24 month contract!

I guess their "Complete Broadband" package suits you better with the option of unlimited UK landline and mobile calls...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Nov-20 20:05:10
Print Post

That's the one I have signed up for. smile Just had a cease fee notification from Uno oh well the money I will save over the year will more than pay for that.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Nov-20 20:19:38
Print Post

That's the one I have signed up for. smile Just had a cease fee notification from Uno oh well the money I will save over the year will more than pay for that.

Oh right! Sorry I misread the costs of the packages with and without VAT. Regarding the cease fee Matt did mention that a change from SMPF to MPF would probably involve a cease fee but as you say in the long term that is nothing to be overly concerned about smile
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Nov-20 09:06:12
Print Post

Got a text confirming my go live date this morning at 8am. That's pretty efficient.

Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Nov-20 16:35:23
Print Post

What are you going to do with regard to modems? Is the free "New Business Wi-Fi Hub" any good? Guess you will know when you try one...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Nov-20 16:37:48
Print Post

The router has been recommended on another site. I might give it a try and see what it is like. But generally I will leave the setup as per my sig and just change username and password.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Nov-20 17:24:28
Print Post

In the unlikely event that there is need for remote monitoring of your line it's probably a good idea to initially make sure that the supplied TTB modem/router connects OK and then keep it in reserve.

Edited by 4M2 (Tue 10-Nov-20 17:40:16)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Nov-20 18:38:47
Print Post

Good idea. It's a managed install so Engineer may ask for it anyway to test.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Nov-20 19:06:38
Print Post

I think TalkTalk modem/routers have basically "plug and play" authorization and only need a wireless setup? Hopefully it should also be straight forward when you revert to your current modem/router kit.

Looks like it will be a very successful migration and I wish you well smile
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Nov-20 21:43:29
Print Post

Cheers 4M2 I hope so too looking forward to testing the line.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Nov-20 02:08:26
Print Post

Everything seems to be progressing. Got my go-live confirmation and TTB have set up a direct debit on my account. Wish OFCOM hadn't slowed the process down with a cooling-off period.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Nov-20 11:31:05
Print Post

The cooling off period is one of the few ways to stop slamming or mistaken orders in a gaining provider led process. Otherwise I could go and sign up to a service at your address and it would just happen without you having the opportunity to stop it.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 15-Nov-20 23:21:27
Print Post

You could still sign up for me but it would just take longer. Don't see how two weeks breathing will stop slamming.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 16-Nov-20 00:21:59
Print Post

Quite a few years ago I was getting my ADSL BTw broadband from Tiscali and line rental from BT retail. I was notified (perhaps warned?) by Tiscali that TalkTalk would be taking over the line because Tiscali were ceasing broadband provision in the UK. Rather than risk the chance of TalkTalk full LLU (my exchange was TalkTalk LLU enabled at that time) I got a MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) from Tiscali and migrated to another BTw broadband provider. If I hadn't got a MAC and migrated then I could have been automatically transferred to TalkTalk full LLU without my specific authorisation for the move.

A "sorry you are leaving" email and/or letter from the losing provider seems OK, if one is intending to migrate these days, but I do like the idea of the additional requirement for a MAC as well.

BTW I was a very satisfied Tiscali ADSL customer at the time and it was a pity that I had to move frown

Edited by 4M2 (Mon 16-Nov-20 00:25:33)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Nov-20 01:58:14
Print Post

When I have been on BT based services I have had slowdowns at peak times. Not sure how it is now but in the last 3 years on Uno TTB backhaul I have been testing every hour and no peak slowdowns so either no one in my area is on TT or there is enough capacity to cope. I am hoping going with TTB directly will be the same. The TTB salesman was giving me the spiel about no slowdowns and I said I know, I have been testing a TTB line for the last 3 years. laugh

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 16-Nov-20 03:22:34
Print Post

As you probably know uno give an assured rate of 40Mbps (where the line rate is higher) both for BTw and TTB FTTC. In terms of throughput speeds, at various times, there could of course be a difference. I'm sure you will probably get the same sync speeds and very similar throughput speeds that you get now when you go directly with TTB. In all likely-hood things wont change for the worst when OpenReach convert your line from SMPF to MPF.

Certainly several years ago when I migrated from Plusnet BTw ADSL2+ to uno TTB ADSL2+ SMPF there was an improvement in stability and I have generally been very happy with the uno service ever since smile

Edited by 4M2 (Mon 16-Nov-20 03:37:31)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Nov-20 09:07:09
Print Post

You could still sign up for me but it would just take longer. Don't see how two weeks breathing will stop slamming.
Your ISP will contact you telling you they have received a migration request. You then have the 10 days to tell them it wasn't you that raised the request and therefore terminating it before it happens. That is the whole purpose of the 10 days - it isn't a cooling down period it is to ensure the person who currently has the connection is aware that a request has been placed to move it.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 16-Nov-20 13:07:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
Your ISP will contact you telling you they have received a migration request. You then have the 10 days to tell them it wasn't you that raised the request and therefore terminating it before it happens. That is the whole purpose of the 10 days - it isn't a cooling down period it is to ensure the person who currently has the connection is aware that a request has been placed to move it.
What do you mean by "Your ISP"?

Both the gaining and losing ones should notify you. The gaining one to tell you the date, costs and suchlike. The losing one to tell you any leaving and final costs. AIUI the losing one can also now make a retention offer, but I'm not sure of that. Initially it was forbidden unless requested by the user.

The notice from the gaining one allows you to cancel for any reason, without penalty. So acts as both a cooling off period and an anti-slamming/false order defence.

The losing provider can (basically) only cancel the migration if the gaining one refuses the user's cancellation request. I forget the exact wording.

========================
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Nov-20 15:51:35
Print Post

I meant the losing ISP. In the case of someone else ordering a service on your line by accident you wouldn't get contact from the gaining ISP but the losing ISP would contact you and that would provide the opportunity to inform them you didn't place the order and so it would be terminated.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Nov-20 21:43:34
Print Post

Do you even know my address? tongue

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Nov-20 10:09:57
Print Post

Not that I am aware of. But always the possibility I might accidentally order a line at an address that I think is one I am moving to but get it wrong and it just happen to be your address.

Not that many months ago there was an example of exactly that on here but unfortunately the process failed as the losing ISP failed to send the letter to the current owner to tell them an order had been placed against their line - seem to remember it took a fair while to get it all sorted out.
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Nov-20 15:39:10
Print Post

Your neighbour might select the wrong address from a drop down box.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User gary333
(experienced) Tue 17-Nov-20 16:40:45
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Your neighbour might select the wrong address from a drop down box.

As Openreach / BT and their ilk cannot even manage to get addresses sorted lowest to highest for the numeric order, then this is always a distinct possibility. No idea why they don't sort this issue out.
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Tue 17-Nov-20 16:50:43
Print Post

Both the gaining and losing ones should notify you. The gaining one to tell you the date, costs and suchlike. The losing one to tell you any leaving and final costs. AIUI the losing one can also now make a retention offer, but I'm not sure of that. Initially it was forbidden unless requested by the user.

The notice from the gaining one allows you to cancel for any reason, without penalty. So acts as both a cooling off period and an anti-slamming/false order defence.

The losing provider can (basically) only cancel the migration if the gaining one refuses the user's cancellation request. I forget the exact wording.

Just curious... if it's a slamming case, or another customer choosing the wrong address, how does the end user receive any notification from the gaining provider, or even know who the gaining provider is?

Presumably, the gaining provider won't know your email address to contact you, and everything seems to be done over email these days - apart from a physical letter from the losing provider, and that doesn't mention who the gaining provider is.

Am I being stupid?

>>> BTFibre 2 FTTC

Edited by sparky_paul (Tue 17-Nov-20 16:51:36)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 17-Nov-20 16:54:13
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

It can happen maliciously, by someone who know the email address (and phone number) of the connection loser. AIUI the vast majority of people only have one email address.

========================
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Nov-20 22:10:33
Print Post

Am I being stupid?
The losing provider is supposed to contact you to say that they have been asked to relinquish your line. This should prevent slamming. There's no need to know the gaining provider as if being slammed you tell your provider that you don't want to move.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Nov-20 20:52:11
Print Post

So my TTB router turned up today. No internet but been testing the wifi and its slightly faster than my Asus RT-AC68U and a good strong signal throughout the house according to my Android phone.

Will have to use the TTB router on Monday (go live date) as it is set to auto config until the engineer has been and gone. Been told to call TTB at 6pm Monday to get username and password for my Asus router.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Wed 18-Nov-20 21:19:25
Print Post

Your PPPoE login credentials should already be visible in the TTB router. On mine its

[email protected]
ttb1234

and entering the above into any third party router works for me. Yours might be in the format of <linenumber>@talktalkbusiness.net but whatever it is, the same credentials should work on any other router.

Not surprising the TT wifi hub appears to give you a better wifi signal than your Asus RT-AC68U, the TT kit is a 4x4 router whilst the Asus is only 3x3. If you can live without the firmware features of the Asus then I suggest you use the TT wifi hub, primarily for better wifi.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Wed 18-Nov-20 21:24:22)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Nov-20 21:35:38
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Highland76:
Your PPPoE login credentials should already be visible in the TTB router. On mine its

[email protected]
ttb1234

and entering the above into any third party router works for me. Yours might be in the format of <linenumber>@talktalkbusiness.net but whatever it is, the same credentials should work on any other router.

Not surprising the TT wifi hub appears to give you a better wifi signal than your Asus RT-AC68U, the TT kit is a 4x4 router whilst the Asus is only 3x3. If you can live without the firmware features of the Asus then I suggest you use the TT wifi hub, primarily for better wifi.

Thanks for that, I will note those credentials down for Monday. Both routers seem to cover the house according to my phone. I will investigate changing SSIDs on the TTB router rather than reconfigure every Wifi device.

One thing I have found is the Zyxel VMG-1312-B10A connects with a better sync (54) than the TTB router which connects at 50.8. Nothing in it though really. I could use the Zyxel and the WAN port of the TTB router.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM

Edited by Banger (Wed 18-Nov-20 21:40:31)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Nov-20 21:55:19
Print Post

I think once I am up and running on Monday I will use the TTB Router connected to the Zyxel for nice sync and the Asus as an AP for upstairs. Think that should work.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Nov-20 21:59:32
Print Post

Do you currently have a NTE5C with Mk4 filtered faceplate - not sure if the engineer will insist on installing one if you haven't?

Personally I don't like them but if it is deemed necessary...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Nov-20 22:20:59
Print Post

Success I have the TTB router running on Uno, the Asus as a AP for upstairs and the TTB router connected to the Zyxel.

@4M2 yes I already have an NTE5C with MK4 filtered faceplate. Last time I had a fault the engineer changed it. I have just been tidying up the extension wiring.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Nov-20 22:40:52
Print Post

@4M2 yes I already have an NTE5C with MK4 filtered faceplate. Last time I had a fault the engineer changed it. I have just been tidying up the extension wiring.

I would imagine that the engineer will just check the line from the test socket in that case. And with the faceplate refitted things should also be fine.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 19-Nov-20 10:07:42
Print Post

Why are they sending an engineer?

========================
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Thu 19-Nov-20 10:24:04
Print Post

Why are they sending an engineer?

It’s standard practice for TTB to do this on new xDSL connections (managed install). I guess it provides peace of mind to the end user, knowing the engineer doesn’t have to leave the premises until they’re happy with the speeds.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Thu 19-Nov-20 10:24:35)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Nov-20 20:15:26
Print Post

Something strange has happened to my line. It seems like I am now connected to 55/10 see below stats. Notice the upstream SNR at 7.9db and 9999 sync. I am not going to complain to Uno as it may be an openreach mistake but strange how the upstream, although it has been low for a while has dropped.

Stats recorded 19 Nov 2020 20:10:19

DSLAM type / SW version: BDCM:0xa4a1 (164.161) / v0xa4a1
Modem/router firmware: AnnexA version - A2pv6F039v.d26a
DSL mode: VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime: 0 hour 21 min 5 sec
Resyncs: 0 (since 19 Nov 2020 20:10:15)

Downstream Upstream
Line attenuation (dB): 19.6 0.0
Signal attenuation (dB): Not monitored
Connection speed (kbps): 54225 9999
SNR margin (dB): 6.3 7.9
Power (dBm): 12.6 7.4
Interleave depth: 4 1
INP: 52.00 0
G.INP: Enabled Not enabled
Vectoring status: 5 (VECT_UNCONFIGURED)

RSCorr/RS (%): 0.0003 0.0000
RSUnCorr/RS (%): 0.0000 0.0000
ES/hour: 0 0

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Nov-20 16:32:48
Print Post

Probably not a really significant change (except perhaps for an increase in upstream SNR Margin) from last October when you had a "voice" fault on the line and posted these stats which I have abridged:

Max: Upstream rate = 11812 Kbps, Downstream rate = 54894 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 11764 Kbps, Downstream rate = 54331 Kbps
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.3 6.3
Attn(dB): 19.6 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 12.6 7.4

Is a quiet line test giving a good result from the test socket using a corded phone and are error seconds accumulating excessively on the upstream stats?
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Nov-20 17:09:49
Print Post

Line is quiet on an audio test.

adsl info --stats
adsl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Last Retrain Reason: 0
Last initialization procedure status: 0
Max: Upstream rate = 12009 Kbps, Downstream rate = 54936 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 9999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 54225 Kbps
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
TPS-TC: PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.3 8.1
Attn(dB): 19.6 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 12.6 7.4

VDSL2 framing
Bearer 0
MSGc: -6 58
B: 227 236
M: 1 1
T: 0 23
R: 12 16
S: 0.0000 0.7543
L: 14357 2694
D: 4 1
I: 240 127
N: 240 254
Q: 4 0
V: 0 0
RxQueue: 132 0
TxQueue: 33 0
G.INP Framing: 18 0
G.INP lookback: 31 0
RRC bits: 0 24
Bearer 1
MSGc: 122 -6
B: 0 0
M: 2 0
T: 2 0
R: 16 0
S: 8.0000 0.0000
L: 32 0
D: 1 0
I: 32 0
N: 32 0
Q: 0 0
V: 0 0
RxQueue: 0 0
TxQueue: 0 0
G.INP Framing: 0 0
G.INP lookback: 0 0
RRC bits: 0 0

Counters
Bearer 0
OHF: 0 1098790
OHFErr: 0 18
RS: 2282938036 2681429
RSCorr: 8470 77
RSUnCorr: 0 0
Bearer 1
OHF: 4770427 0
OHFErr: 0 0
RS: 38162926 0
RSCorr: 10 0
RSUnCorr: 0 0

Retransmit Counters
rtx_tx: 691074 0
rtx_c: 709 0
rtx_uc: 0 0

G.INP Counters
LEFTRS: 0 0
minEFTR: 54210 0
errFreeBits: 63368810 0

Bearer 0
HEC: 0 0
OCD: 0 0
LCD: 0 0
Total Cells: 3695409669 0
Data Cells: 124881478 0
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 0

Bearer 1
HEC: 0 0
OCD: 0 0
LCD: 0 0
Total Cells: 0 0
Data Cells: 0 0
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 0

ES: 0 18
SES: 0 0
UAS: 34 34
AS: 76638

Bearer 0
INP: 52.00 0.00
INPRein: 1.00 0.00
delay: 0 0
PER: 0.00 8.70
OR: 0.01 58.79
AgR: 54344.31 10057.90

Bearer 1
INP: 2.00 0.00
INPRein: 2.00 0.00
delay: 0 0
PER: 16.06 0.01
OR: 63.75 0.01
AgR: 63.75 0.01

Bitswap: 390/390 137/137

Total time = 21 hours 17 min 52 sec
FEC: 8470 77
CRC: 0 18
LOS: 0 0
LOF: 0 0
LOM: 0 0
Latest 15 minutes time = 2 min 52 sec
FEC: 0 0
CRC: 0 0
ES: 0 0
UAS: 0 0
Previous 15 minutes time = 15 min 0 sec
FEC: 5 3
Latest 1 day time = 21 hours 17 min 52 sec
Previous 1 day time = 0 sec
FEC: 0 0
Since Link time = 21 hours 17 min 17 sec
NTR: mipsCntAtNtr=0 ncoCntAtNtr=0
>

There are some error seconds on the upstream but nothing to write home about.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Fri 20-Nov-20 17:17:16
Print Post

Looks like this is due to your migration.

TTB have already (re)moved this circuit to their own account as it is the working day before the migration and past the cut off so no more changes can be made to it. We'll get the final leaving notice early Monday.

As we can't see the details any more, certainly possible they've regraded you to 55/10, as we wouldn't have been able to change the service with another order in progress nor do we have that product with them, we only take 40/10 and 80/20.

Matt

uno Communications
uno Speedtest
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Nov-20 17:24:13
Print Post

Thanks Matt, I will get onto TTB.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Fri 20-Nov-20 17:26:29
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
Am I being stupid?
The losing provider is supposed to contact you to say that they have been asked to relinquish your line. This should prevent slamming. There's no need to know the gaining provider as if being slammed you tell your provider that you don't want to move.
Yes, I understand that, and I thought you should complain to your existing provider.

I just got the impression from this post that RobertoS was saying you should complain to the gaining provider...

I didn't think it worked like that, given that you may not know who the gaining provider is, if you get my drift.

>>> BTFibre 2 FTTC
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Fri 20-Nov-20 17:34:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by uno:
As we can't see the details any more, certainly possible they've regraded you to 55/10, as we wouldn't have been able to change the service with another order in progress nor do we have that product with them, we only take 40/10 and 80/20.

TTB direct only offer the 'up to' 80/20 tier on FTTC irrespective of estimated speeds. So not sure how they could put someone on the 55/10 product when they don't even sell it?

My Broadband Speed Test
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Fri 20-Nov-20 17:42:10
Print Post

Could very well be DLM in that case but without any ability to run an OR test, it will be impossible for us to say what has happened.

Matt

uno Communications
uno Speedtest
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Nov-20 17:47:05
Print Post

Sky also only sell a single product, average speed 60 something Mb/s.
They can however provision the line on any profile they like.
Sky use the lines estimates to decide what to provision a line on.

BT do similar with Fibre 1, provisioning high estimate lines on 55/10 and lower estimate lines on 40/10.
It's a single product sold as average speed 50Mb.

In short just because they don't sell 55/10 specifically doesn't mean they can't provision a line on that profile.

There's not much point in Talktalk Business provisioning a line on 80/20 if it only has estimates around 20/5.
They would provision on 40/10.

It's the edge cases where lines estimates border different products that a high syncing line can be limited.

I'd be amazed if Talktalk haven't provisioned the line on 55/10 looking at the stats.

Edit: typos

Edited by j0hn83 (Fri 20-Nov-20 17:48:07)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Nov-20 18:22:08
Print Post

Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 9999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 54225 Kbps - will you be happy to have similar sync speeds with TTB for 24 months? Perhaps the line will be reset and stats change when you go from SMPF to MPF though...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Nov-20 18:59:23
Print Post

Cant say I would be over the moon with the current sync as 3db will take it to 65mb and the errors are on the upstream. What I can say the price reduction for round about the same sync is a no brainer to me.

Have opened a ticket with TTB and will see what happens.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Nov-20 19:15:32
Print Post

Good to hear that you are not currently having any issues with the "voice" frequencies on your line. I'm sure the VDSL2 side of things will become satisfactory in due course.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Nov-20 20:30:20
Print Post

Just tried the TTB login details and just get a "we're setting up your account" TTB page and no internet so they may have taken over the line but looks like the account isn't set up yet.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Nov-20 22:21:41
Print Post

Or metaphorically: the train has arrived at an intermediate station early but cannot continue to it's destination until the timetable allows it. It's probably not actually stuck there smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 21-Nov-20 00:32:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by sparky_paul:
I just got the impression from this post that RobertoS was saying you should complain to the gaining provider...

I didn't think it worked like that, given that you may not know who the gaining provider is, if you get my drift.
We are basically talking at cross purposes smile.

The Gaining Provider Led (GPL) system is designed on the basis of genuine migrations, and is as I described in the full post.

The cases where the losing provider can intervene are quite restricted, but the conversation had veered to a outlying happening.

General Condition C7 and Appendix 1 lay out the standard procedure and what to do when things go wrong.

The rules are not basically designed to prevent slamming, but do cater for it. They are designed to make migrations as easy and painless as possible for the user smile.

========================
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Nov-20 01:34:26
Print Post

I think DLM has intervened on my line as Re-transmission (Interleave) has changed from 8 downstream to 4.

Tim
TTB Router, Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Sat 21-Nov-20 09:22:10
Print Post

There's not much point in Talktalk Business provisioning a line on 80/20 if it only has estimates around 20/5.
They would provision on 40/10.

But TTB charge the customer the same, irrrespective of what any line is capable of on FTTC. So what do TTB have to lose by putting a customer with low estimated speeds on the 80/20 product?

Unlike BT Retail and Sky for example, TTB have never sold anything below 80/20 since they launched FTTC services back in 2013/2014.

In the OPs case, his 55/10 cap is most likely down to the DLM. A DLM reset on migration day should fix this.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Sat 21-Nov-20 10:05:16)

ISP Representative uno
(isp) Sat 21-Nov-20 10:18:34
Print Post

So what do TTB have to lose by putting a customer with low estimated speeds on the 80/20 product?

It'll save them a little bit on the product if they take a lesser speed. As john says, if they see a line only estimated at 22Mb, provisioning at 40/10 makes more sense and increases what TTB get to keep vs what they pay Openreach.

If they have placed on 55/10, this would tally with the estimated Openreach data for this line.

Matt

uno Communications
uno Speedtest
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Sat 21-Nov-20 11:24:09
Print Post

It would be unethical if not fraudulent for TTB to pocket the difference by provisioning someone on the 40/10 service yet charge them for 80/20 service, even though the end user (on a low speed estimate) would see zero difference between 2 services. Pretty sure OFCOM would have something to say about that.

Fluidone are another CP who provision everyone on the 80/20 FTTC profile, irrespective of speed estimates. Many business only CPs take the same approach.

My Broadband Speed Test
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Sat 21-Nov-20 11:33:27
Print Post

Pretty sure OFCOM would have something to say about that.

I'm not sure they would. If TTB are providing the service agreed, within a personal speed estimate, they've not done anything wrong. If they are simply saying to all customers they will get "up to" 80/20Mb without any specific estimate that is where questions would need to be asked if the rate is artificially capped. The question would be what product has been sold to the OP, one based on a personal speed estimate or one sold on upper rates the product should achieve i.e 80/20.

I don't agree with this practice though, if a customer pays for, or expects a specific product at the Openreach level, i.e 40/10, 80/20, that is what we would provision and never deviate from it.

Matt

uno Communications
uno Speedtest
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 21-Nov-20 12:12:45
Print Post

You really think his line with G.INP that usually runs at 65Mb on a 3dB profile just coincidentally got banded for the very 1st time at the exact same level as an OpenReach product, on the exact day that Talktalk took over the line?

Don't you think it's much more likely Talktalk have incorrectly provisioned the line?
It literally happened the day they took the line over.

It isn't fraudulent.
You don't order an OpenReach product from an ISP.
You order broadband from the ISP.
Talktalk advertise on their website that is up to 80Mb, but they provide an estimate, and a minimum. If they provision the line above the minimum they are meeting their obligations.
It's exactly what other ISP's do.

Possible the line is banded but chances are it's provisioned on 55/10.
A simple regrade will fix it.

Edit: just read this

In reply to a post by uno:
If they have placed on 55/10, this would tally with the estimated Openreach data for this line.

It makes even more sense if his estimates are around that level.

And wow Tim... Your sync speed (and estimates) really have dropped in the last couple years.
I remember your thread on kitz when you got your drop wire replaced and were nudging the full 80/20.

Edited by j0hn83 (Sat 21-Nov-20 12:17:27)

Standard User Highland76
(committed) Sat 21-Nov-20 12:51:57
Print Post

I respectfully suggest you get in touch with the TalkTalk Business provisioning/network team. They will tell you exactly the same thing they told me: they provision ALL new lines on the 80/20 profile irrespective of speed estimates. Exactly the same as Fluidone do. TTB do not have the 55/10 profile in their ordering systems, it’s only been 80/20 ever since they launched FTTC around 6 years ago. So it’s close to impossible for them to order 55/10 when their ordering systems show no such profile/product for their direct customers.

I get that those on low speed estimates won’t care (or notice) one jot if they’re on the 40/10 profile instead of 80/20 - I really do. But that’s not the point I’m trying the make. I’m simply saying that TTB just have 1 fttc product available to order in their systems : the 80/20 product.

[email protected]
or
[email protected]
(can’t remember which)

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Sat 21-Nov-20 12:56:51)

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 21-Nov-20 13:16:50
Print Post

TTB do not have the 55/10 profile in their ordering systems, it’s only been 80/20 ever since they launched FTTC around 6 years ago. So it’s close to impossible for them to order 55/10 when their ordering systems show no such profile/product for their direct customers.

Respectfully, that's a load of tosh. The customer doesn't order 80/20. They order broadband at the estimates the ISP quotes.

Why are so you defensive of your ISP's in thinking that they couldn't possibly make a mistake in provisioning?

Of course they can order 55/10.
They can order and tier they like.
If you've ever looked at an OpenReach "ordering system" you would realise how stupid your comment is.

The customer facing ordering page gives the customer no option to order 55/10 but of course Talktalk can order it and to suggest they can't is just you being very uninformed and making assumptions.

I’m simply saying that TTB just have 1 fttc product available to order in their systems : the 80/20 product

It matters not that they sell a single product
I already made the point that Sky now only have a single FTTC product for sale, sold with an average speed of 63Mb/s.
They can provision on any tier they like though.

There's nothing to stop Talktalk doing exactly the same.

I predict they have. You seem to think it's impossible.
You have an ISP rep a couple posts above telling you it's very possible.

It makes no sense provisioning a customer with very low estimates on 80/20.
Bangers estimates are around 55/10.

The DLM somewhat resets / banding tends to be REMOVED on many ISP migrations.

The line has changed profile on the day the new ISP took over the line...
Just think about that for a minute and remove the idea from your head that Talktalk can't provision a line on 55/10 (they can).
You'll come to the same conclusion.

Happy to return and say i told you so when Banger confirms the line is incorrectly provisioned.

An RTT test run by the ISP will confirm the line profile.
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Sat 21-Nov-20 13:37:02
Print Post

You seem to be having trouble understanding that an ISP can only order from Openreach what’s in their ordering systems. In other words their INTERNAL systems. How can TTB order a 55/10 service when it’s not in their systems?

Comparing TTB to Sky and BT Retail is like comparing apples to oranges as every ISPs ordering systems are independent of each of other. This is nothing to do with Openreach but all to do with in-house ordering systems. They can’t order something which doesn’t exist. But please don’t take my word for it, drop TTB an email.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 21-Nov-20 13:49:04
Print Post

Funny that.

https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4558417-li...

You yourself concede in the thread i just linked above (using your old username) that BT Business only sell 80/20, yet some how managed to provision a line on 40/10.

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Strange thing is BT Business don't even do an 'up to' 40/10 tier on FTTC based services. They've put you on a service which they don't sell!!

https://business.bt.com/products/broadband/

I wouldn't let this go easily OP, as others have said sending a message to the CEO office will be the quickest way of getting this resolved.

[email protected]

Of course it can happen. Of course Talktalk can provision on 40/10 or 55/10.

Just like BT Business can, or anyone else.

Edit: if it isn't clear to you, the example i have provided above is an ISP you yourself say only sells 80/20, who provisions everyone on 80/20, yet has provisioned someone on 40/10 (it's because they have low estimates).

It's somehow impossible that Talktalk could have done this? Really?

You're not even debating that it's more likely to be DLM banding. You are simply flat out claiming it's not possible for Talktalk Business to provision at anything other than 80/20.
You are wrong on that assumption.

That's a 3 and a half year old thread. The practice has become much more common since then.

It's a practice i don't agree with. I'm just pointing out that it happens, and you're arguing it somehow can't for reasons i don't understand.
You've clearly been part of threads where this has happened.

Edited by j0hn83 (Sat 21-Nov-20 14:13:19)

Standard User jabuzzard
(committed) Sat 21-Nov-20 16:59:08
Print Post

So what do TTB have to lose by putting a customer with low estimated speeds on the 80/20 product?

It would lower the average speed that customers on the 80/20 package get. As this is what you are no forced to advertise if you get rid of all your customers who are just over 40Mbps you will improved the average you can advertise.

It's perverse, but it is what it is.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Nov-20 17:21:48
Print Post

And wow Tim... Your sync speed (and estimates) really have dropped in the last couple years.
I remember your thread on kitz when you got your drop wire replaced and were nudging the full 80/20.

Unfortunately I suspect the OP had/has perhaps an intermittent fault on his line. A SFI visit was arranged approximately one month ago by uno but the appointment was cancelled by the OP because the issue appeared to resolve itself. In that instance perhaps the SFI visit could have proved fruitless and expensive.

The current downstream and upstream sync speeds do perhaps seem related due to past and/or present issues. Would a reset of the line normally be undertaken when the full migration from SMPF to MPF takes place? In this case perhaps there would be improved sync speeds if one excludes the possibility of a 55/10 provision on his TTB account?
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Nov-20 20:32:08
Print Post

Ah yes those were the days before cross talk. My TTB estimate is 64 down pretty similar to the Uno estimate when I signed up in 2017. As I am only a couple of days from an Engineer visit I will see what Monday afternoon brings.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Nov-20 21:04:09
Print Post

Current BT estimates.

https://ibb.co/0mNDGQz

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Nov-20 21:33:35
Print Post

Maybe you are interested to see what I get from the Andrews and Arnold checker:

You are connected to cabinet 18..."Superfast" VDSL (Fibre to the cabinet) up to 80Mb/s

For your location, forecast download sync speed is 60-80Mb/s and forecast upload sync speed is 19-20Mb/s.

Note: This checker works with both the BT Wholesale and TalkTalk Business carriers..

I'm probably about 200 yards from the cabinet and not sure about the potential from cross-talk problems. However, as I mentioned to you previously, I'm not confident regarding the condition of the 50 year old D-side underground copper pairs so sticking with uno TTB ADSL SMPF for the time being...

Hope your anticipated TTB MPF migration works out OK on Monday.

Edited by 4M2 (Sat 21-Nov-20 21:40:09)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Nov-20 21:38:28
Print Post

You are connected to cabinet 2. Your line length (from the exchange) is approximately 1555 meters.

"Superfast" VDSL (Fibre to the cabinet) up to 68Mb/s

From the A&A checker which is what TTB said on signup give or take a few mb/s.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Nov-20 00:24:49
Print Post

TTB Order status dashboard now says "order processing", not long now. smile

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Nov-20 00:33:58
Print Post

12.30AM and Uno disconnects so I change user name to autoconfig and we are connected. Yay.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Nov-20 00:35:02
Print Post

At what sync speed, Tim?
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Nov-20 00:45:37
Print Post

Stats recorded 23 Nov 2020 00:43:18

Uptime: 0 hour 15 min 32 sec
Resyncs: 4 (since 19 Nov 2020 20:10:15)

Downstream Upstream
Connection speed (kbps): 54706 11767
SNR margin (dB): 6.2 6.3
Power (dBm): 12.7 7.6
Interleave depth: 8 1
INP: 48.00 0

RSCorr/RS (%): 0.0001 0.0000
ES/hour: 15.0 0

Seems my banding has been reset.

Tracing route to bbc.co.uk [151.101.128.81]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ttrouter [192.168.1.1]
2 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms ae49-ner001.irl.as13285.net [78.144.1.41]
3 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms ae48-scr001.msp.as13285.net [78.144.1.36]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms 151.101.128.81

8ms to Gateway that is amazing and only 5 hops to BBC.

Browsing is snappy and TR-069 hasn't changed my Cloudfare Manual DNS on the TT Router.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM

Edited by Banger (Mon 23-Nov-20 01:32:58)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Nov-20 01:06:35
Print Post

I have been playing with the TT router which is downstairs and my AC-68U which is upstairs and most devices apart from my downstairs Amazon Speaker seem to prefer the AC-68U to connect to. Even my PC downstairs which is one room away from the TT router prefers the AC-68U. They both have the same SSID and password.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Nov-20 02:02:52
Print Post

@john

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/81cf459b-1a05-...

Looking through my old speedtest results here's one for 73/19. Those were the days, from 04.03.18.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Nov-20 17:04:47
Print Post

Stats recorded 23 Nov 2020 00:43:18

Downstream Upstream
Connection speed (kbps): 54706 11767
SNR margin (dB): 6.2 6.3
Power (dBm): 12.7 7.6

RSCorr/RS (%): 0.0001 0.0000
ES/hour: 15.0 0

Interleave depth changed to 8 1 and also the INP value after the resync - what are the SNR margins and error seconds (ES) looking like now after several hours of uptime?
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Nov-20 18:37:07
Print Post

Stats recorded 23 Nov 2020 18:33:18

Uptime: 2 hours 34 min 50 sec
Resyncs: 6 (since 19 Nov 2020 20:10:15)

Downstream Upstream
Connection speed (kbps): 55009 11775
SNR margin (dB): 6.3 6.4

RSCorr/RS (%): 0.0001 0.0010
ES/hour: 1.84 1.06

Engineer turned up about 4pm and I asked him to test the line which he did from the BT66 outside but no problems found. He did say the cable from the BT66 to the Master Socket about a metre needs replacing as it is the old drop wire originally replaced with twisted pair. But that will happen in non Covid times.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Nov-20 18:58:35
Print Post

Probably a good idea to leave the VDSL2 connection alone for a while - I guess the phone is working OK?
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Nov-20 18:59:52
Print Post

Phone is fine and same number. I now have my login details.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Nov-20 23:24:03
Print Post

The VDSL retrains were the engineer messing about with the line hope he reset DLM when he was finished. Got my static IP today so have updated my BQM.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Nov-20 00:43:01
Print Post

The VDSL retrains were the engineer messing about with the line hope he reset DLM when he was finished. Got my static IP today so have updated my BQM.

Interesting to hear that the engineer tested from the BT66. I guess he disconnected the feed from the BT66 to the NTE5C and that resulted in at least one of the 6 resyncs reported by the router from the 19th November to the 23rd November at 18:33:18.

I had a SFI visit several years ago, due to an intermittent broadband fault, and he only tested from the NTE5 test socket (plus cabinet and exchange.) I wish he had checked the BT66 which still has a screw block terminal and had replaced the connection with jelly crimps. The line fault was eventually repaired but I wont bore you with the details smile
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 00:46:53
Print Post

There were also some disconnections earlier in the day around 2pm presumably work in the exchange to change over to TT equipment.

The reason he checked from the BT66 was because of covid he said. Didn't want to come in.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 00:53:40
Print Post

Speedtest Graph

See the graph above for hourly speedtests, pretty much the same as Uno without all the bells and whistles.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Nov-20 01:29:24
Print Post

I had that JD software running on XP a few years ago due to a few issues with slow throughput speeds on the TTB network during office hours. It was recommended by uno support at the time and it seemed to work pretty well at monitoring the line. If I remember correctly there were many setup options that one could use...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 01:32:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by 4M2:
I had that JD software running on XP a few years ago due to a few issues with slow throughput speeds on the TTB network during office hours. It was recommended by uno support at the time and it seemed to work pretty well at monitoring the line. If I remember correctly there were many setup options that one could use...

Yes loads of configuration options although the upload no longer works as the server refuses connection but I have brought it with me from XP to Win 10 and it runs just fine.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Nov-20 02:16:02
Print Post

The reason he checked from the BT66 was because of covid he said. Didn't want to come in.

A new gas main was being laid in my neck of the woods a few months ago, the fitters weren't bothered about entering my house and reconnecting the meter, checking appliances and ensuring that the pilot was relit on the boiler They were a burly bunch of lads with no masks and must have thought they were immune - sensible chap your engineer!
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 05:58:27
Print Post

At present due to lockdown Openreach are only entering the property on total loss of service faults, welfare cases, and on provision, up to the NTE only.

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Nov-20 08:08:43
Print Post

Hi Tim,

Any chance of you publishing a TBB test on your TTB connection? The one in your signature is from August 2017 - presumably Uno.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 08:51:19
Print Post

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/16062941635...

Hot off the press. One in sig is highest I've ever got.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Nov-20 09:10:58
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
At present due to lockdown Openreach are only entering the property on total loss of service faults, welfare cases, and on provision, up to the NTE only.

In England, while on 2nd lockdown.

You don't just work for an English company remember.

They're happily entering properties up in these foreign lands.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 11:50:16
Print Post

Tru dat John ... but I believe Tim (Banger) resides in England.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 18:37:59
Print Post

Indeed I do but he was alert enough to spot a piece of old drop wire from the BT66 to master socket that needs replacing in non-covid times. smile

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 19:06:43
Print Post

Indeed I do but he was alert enough to spot a piece of old drop wire from the BT66 to master socket that needs replacing in non-covid times. smile

Why didn’t that get replaced when the UG feed got sorted ? Where was the picture, I must have missed it 🤷‍♂️

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 19:08:57
Print Post

It's through a wall so bit difficult to photograph. I dont mess with OR kit. It must have been missed when the UG feed was replaced.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Nov-20 00:44:25
Print Post

Stats recorded 27 Nov 2020 00:42:18

Uptime: 0 hour 13 min 27 sec
Resyncs: 8 (since 19 Nov 2020 20:10:15)

Downstream Upstream
Line attenuation (dB): 19.5 0.0
Connection speed (kbps): 58010 11670
SNR margin (dB): 5.3 6.3
Power (dBm): 12.7 7.4
INP: 52.00 0

RSCorr/RS (%): 0.0005 0.0000
ES/hour: 14.3 1.43

12:30AM DLM has reduced my SNR to 5db hope it continues to 3db.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 28-Nov-20 00:44:08
Print Post

No change so far, but was expecting that. Last time I think it took 48 hours per step to 3db.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 29-Nov-20 01:06:42
Print Post

Yay 4db

Stats recorded 29 Nov 2020 01:04:43

Uptime: 0 hour 0 min 32 sec
Resyncs: 0 (since 28 Nov 2020 21:43:40)

Downstream Upstream
Connection speed (kbps): 61167 11763
SNR margin (dB): 4.3 6.3
Power (dBm): 12.6 7.6
INP: 51.00 0

RSCorr/RS (%): 0.0004 0.0000
ES/hour: 10.3 0

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Dec-20 03:08:10
Print Post

Just to close this thread off got my final increase at 2:30AM, 3db 64m.

Stats recorded 01 Dec 2020 03:06:16

Uptime: 0 hour 37 min 16 sec
Resyncs: 1 (since 01 Dec 2020 00:35:13)

Downstream Upstream
Connection speed (kbps): 64666 11730
SNR margin (dB): 3.3 6.3
INP: 50.00 0

RSCorr/RS (%): 0.0140 0.0002
ES/hour: 4.03 0.81

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to