General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Nov-20 18:59:52
Print Post

Re: My migration is stuck.

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Phone is fine and same number. I now have my login details.

Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
TTB Router, Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Nov-20 23:24:03
Print Post

The VDSL retrains were the engineer messing about with the line hope he reset DLM when he was finished. Got my static IP today so have updated my BQM.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Nov-20 00:43:01
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
The VDSL retrains were the engineer messing about with the line hope he reset DLM when he was finished. Got my static IP today so have updated my BQM.

Interesting to hear that the engineer tested from the BT66. I guess he disconnected the feed from the BT66 to the NTE5C and that resulted in at least one of the 6 resyncs reported by the router from the 19th November to the 23rd November at 18:33:18.

I had a SFI visit several years ago, due to an intermittent broadband fault, and he only tested from the NTE5 test socket (plus cabinet and exchange.) I wish he had checked the BT66 which still has a screw block terminal and had replaced the connection with jelly crimps. The line fault was eventually repaired but I wont bore you with the details smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 00:46:53
Print Post

There were also some disconnections earlier in the day around 2pm presumably work in the exchange to change over to TT equipment.

The reason he checked from the BT66 was because of covid he said. Didn't want to come in.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 00:53:40
Print Post

Speedtest Graph

See the graph above for hourly speedtests, pretty much the same as Uno without all the bells and whistles.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Nov-20 01:29:24
Print Post

I had that JD software running on XP a few years ago due to a few issues with slow throughput speeds on the TTB network during office hours. It was recommended by uno support at the time and it seemed to work pretty well at monitoring the line. If I remember correctly there were many setup options that one could use...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 01:32:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by 4M2:
I had that JD software running on XP a few years ago due to a few issues with slow throughput speeds on the TTB network during office hours. It was recommended by uno support at the time and it seemed to work pretty well at monitoring the line. If I remember correctly there were many setup options that one could use...

Yes loads of configuration options although the upload no longer works as the server refuses connection but I have brought it with me from XP to Win 10 and it runs just fine.

Tim
Speed Test

BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Nov-20 02:16:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by Banger:
The reason he checked from the BT66 was because of covid he said. Didn't want to come in.

A new gas main was being laid in my neck of the woods a few months ago, the fitters weren't bothered about entering my house and reconnecting the meter, checking appliances and ensuring that the pilot was relit on the boiler They were a burly bunch of lads with no masks and must have thought they were immune - sensible chap your engineer!
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-20 05:58:27
Print Post

At present due to lockdown Openreach are only entering the property on total loss of service faults, welfare cases, and on provision, up to the NTE only.

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Nov-20 08:08:43
Print Post

Hi Tim,

Any chance of you publishing a TBB test on your TTB connection? The one in your signature is from August 2017 - presumably Uno.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to