General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chud51161
(newbie) Fri 30-Oct-20 17:39:56
Print Post

Trouble with Timico

[link to this post]

So I was with adsl24 who sold out to coms.com who sold out to Timico.
Have had issues with Timico who now tell me they have not charged me for line rental for 5 years and say I owe them over £1,000!
They also say they are giving me 30 days notice and will charge me an additional £17 per month for line rental.
I am staggered to say the least. They are bullying and threatening me in an e-mail because I said I was reporting them to the Ombudsman over their poor customer service.
I've had enough of it all now and am going to find a new ISP.
Any ideas fellas?
Oh they say there is also a £40 charge if I leave them!
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 19:08:26
Print Post

Re: Trouble with Timico

[re: chud51161] [link to this post]

But if you haven’t paid them, what do you expect ??

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Oct-20 19:13:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by chud51161:
Have had issues with Timico who now tell me they have not charged me for line rental for 5 years and say I owe them over £1,000!
This is within the law. They have 6 years to ask for monies due. https://moneynerd.co.uk/statute-limitations-uk-debt/

Did you think broadband was free for 5 years? Wow!!

21 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:11:41
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Except they haven't been issuing any invoices.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:12:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Correction. They were issuing invoices, and he has paid them. They were missing the line rental.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Standard User chud51161
(newbie) Fri 30-Oct-20 21:24:18
Print Post

I paid the £25.51 each month when requested by DD.
I have a letter from the director at Timico after they took over my account from Coms.Com which says everything will stay the same.
As far as I am concerned that is the end of the matter and I have correctly paid for the service I got.
Nobody in their right mind would pay an additional £17 per month line rental on top of the £25.51 broadband and calls when there are many ISPs who offer these combined services for under £20.
Are any other internet users on the forum who like me were with Coms.Com then transferred over to Timico? If so what package were you on and did you get a price hike?
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 31-Oct-20 10:16:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Correction. They were issuing invoices, and he has paid them. They were missing the line rental.

That complicates things. Quite legitimately the OP believed they have paid in full, however the vendor has made a big mistake. I can see that ending up in court/tribunal.

I would suggest the poster ask on the money saving expert site:
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

21 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 31-Oct-20 10:50:02
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I agree. That's what I think too. Also perhaps a Citizens Advice Bureau, though I expect the advisers of the bureau will be working from home with very limited access to facilities and colleagues with appropriate knowledge.

========================
Standard User jaf
(newbie) Sat 31-Oct-20 10:58:57
Print Post

I was transferred to Timico by the same route and was on ADSL2+ package with them. I also remember being informed that nothing would change. I do not recall how much it was paying but it was it was certainly not in the order you are talking about. I quickly left them for UNO, on account of fluctuating speeds and poor technical support. When I have a moment I will go through my bank statements and see what I was being charged, if they are still available, as it was some time ago now. I will keep you posted if I have any success
Standard User jaf
(newbie) Sat 31-Oct-20 13:48:25
Print Post

[re: jaf] [link to this post]

I checked my payment records and can confirm that I paid £17-90 pcm to ADSL24, COMS and TIMICO. I am assuming I paid line rental to BT in addition, but I can find no record of this due bank changes etc. . I was receiving an ADSL2+ service but I cannot remember what the data allowance was, although I seem to recall it was in the order of 50GB/month

Edited by jaf (Sat 31-Oct-20 13:50:26)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to