General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User risk_reversal
(experienced) Tue 29-Dec-20 12:27:26
Print Post

Pulse8 Line Rental

[link to this post]

Is anyone using Pulse8 for line rental only?

Am currently with BT and looking to move to them. My BB is currently supplied by another provider on TTB.

On their FAQ page it looks like my line / voice would remain with Openreach (under heading How can I contact you?)

https://pulse8broadband.co.uk/faq

Is this information still correct please?

Edited by risk_reversal (Tue 29-Dec-20 12:28:13)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 29-Dec-20 12:42:49
Print Post

Re: Pulse8 Line Rental

[re: risk_reversal] [link to this post]

Yes. But you should also be asking whether your existing supplier allows you to take the line off them, or if they require you to have it and their broadband bundled.

I used to have line with BT Consumer, FTTC with Plusnet. Moved the line to Pulse8 with no problem. Later moved the FTTC to A & A.

Later still ditched both and went fully mobile on Three. Three HomeFi router and also a phone SIM, both unlimited data. That was two years ago and I'm perfectly happy.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
(experienced) Tue 29-Dec-20 12:51:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well my BB is currently with Uno on TTB and I want to leave that with them.

As I said, my current phone line provider is BT and this is the only service that I want to move.

I guess from what you are saying that moving my phone line is fine and should I migrate to Pulse8, I would remain with Openreach.

Cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 29-Dec-20 13:07:58
Print Post

Sorry, I missed the bit about being on BT like I was. So no problem at all.

There are no copper line providers except Openreach. Unless in the Hull area? But then AIUI you wouldn't be on BT in the first place.

Remember not to say anything to either BT or uno beforehand. Telling them can cause a misunderstanding and accidental ceasing of your line. Which of course kills the FTTC. The whole migration procedure is "Gaining Provider Driven". Just place the order with Pulse8.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
(experienced) Tue 29-Dec-20 13:30:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Sorry, I missed the bit about being on BT like I was. So no problem at all.

There are no copper line providers except Openreach. Unless in the Hull area? But then AIUI you wouldn't be on BT in the first place.

Remember not to say anything to either BT or uno beforehand. Telling them can cause a misunderstanding and accidental ceasing of your line. Which of course kills the FTTC. The whole migration procedure is "Gaining Provider Driven". Just place the order with Pulse8.

Cheers RobertoS and thanks for the tip about keeping schtum with BT and Uno.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Dec-20 18:27:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by risk_reversal:
Well my BB is currently with Uno on TTB and I want to leave that with them.

As I said, my current phone line provider is BT and this is the only service that I want to move.

My BB is currently with uno on TTB (SMPF) and my line rental is also with uno but separately BTw based (there is/was a discount for taking BTw line rental with uno if one also has BB with them.)

A few years ago I migrated my line rental from BT retail to uno. At that time there was a special offer for existing uno BB customers, such as myself, to take their BTw line rental hence this was not a "bundled" MPF TTB deal.

There should be no problem migrating your line rental from BT retail to a Pulse8 BTw service but I would recommend uno's BTw line rental if there are not other considerations involved.

Good luck.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 29-Dec-20 18:31:27
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

That's a thought!

I couldn't put my line with them as I didn't want their broadband. You couldn't do line-only, as I remember it.

The OP would need to check whether the line rental price with uno is inc or ex-vat, but they probably know about that already.

========================
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Dec-20 18:53:51
Print Post

The BT retail side of the migration with regard to billing was a bit messy (probably to be expected!) but the uno (the gaining provider) side of things was fine.

I haven't checked the current pricing of Pulse8 line rental only but it could be advantageous in that regard for the OP.
Standard User flippery
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Dec-20 19:51:30
Print Post

Uno has BT line and is £2 / month cheaper than Pulse8 as you have their broadband.
It would be easier and cheaper to have all with UNO.

Edited by flippery (Tue 29-Dec-20 19:54:41)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 29-Dec-20 19:59:46
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

£1.21.

========================
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to