General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Hessie
(newbie) Wed 20-Jan-21 16:58:17
Print Post

Advice re FFTP Community Fibre Partnership Openreach

[link to this post]

Hi,

Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place. I'm a newbie and still finding my way around.

I was wondering if anybody may be able to offer any advice or share their experiences.

I'm in the process of organising a Community Fibre (FFTP) application for our property and two neighbours. We've had the final costing in and are waiting for clearance of funding. Getting any info from OR is like pulling teeth, so am keen to hear about other peoples experiences.

If the Rural Gigabit Voucher is successful we will be left with an outstanding balance of £800 to pay between us.

However, my concern is that if something goes wrong with the vouchers, we could be left liable for the whole bill (around 20K) . Has anyone had such an experience? I've asked OR for a draft contract, so I can have a look through but not hopeful they will be willing - or able - to provide such.

Also, it states that the Rural Gigabit Voucher is ending in March 2021. Does anybody know - or have any ideas about - if this is going to be extended or replaced with something else?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
Standard User Kess24
(newbie) Fri 22-Jan-21 19:09:29
Print Post

Re: Advice re FFTP Community Fibre Partnership Openreach

[re: Hessie] [link to this post]

Hi Hessie
We are also running a CFP. Have recieved a final quote, but likewise, find that you cannot get hold of anyone at Openreach. Plus when you do, they brush aside the concerns you have.
I have been told that there should be something to replace the current vouchers that expire, but we don’t know what or even if for definite
Feel your frustrations to, and if OR don’t hurry up we will miss the current deadline at the end of March
Standard User APTMAN
(member) Fri 22-Jan-21 20:53:23
Print Post

Re: Advice re FFTP Community Fibre Partnership Openreach

[re: Hessie] [link to this post]

You need to do a 'search' on the fibre forum, there has been lots on there about it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to