General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jabuzzard
(experienced) Sun 14-Feb-21 16:05:18
Print Post

Re: Neighbours have FTTP but I dont

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Chalk this one up to another utter failure of Openreach to understand demand for broadband products going right back to the original ADSL trials.
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 14-Feb-21 16:10:36
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GonePostal:
. . . or 4G/5G?
Yeah I was thinking that also but to achieve it they would need to lay out some money for a router/sim and thought OP may not want to do that if the waiting list issue is going to be resolved in the "near" future.
Standard User Claired
(newbie) Sun 14-Feb-21 16:32:29
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Unfortunately i would not move in. Its so disappointing that around 95% of MK has fibre and that I cant wfh and honeschool on 6mb.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 14-Feb-21 16:57:23
Print Post

[re: Claired] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Claired:
Unfortunately I would not move in.
Sorry to hear that frown
Standard User Fastman3
(member) Sun 14-Feb-21 18:32:57
Print Post

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

really

this is a bradwell abbey where we have deployed significant FTTP ovber the past 6- 8 years
Standard User Fastman3
(member) Sun 14-Feb-21 18:35:41
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

is this recent premises as it could be premises that was built after the intial FTTP are was done - there are 2 or 3 horror places from memory in Bradwell abbey that developers chose to have copper where other houses already had FTTP , thus creating new not spots
Standard User Fastman3
(member) Sun 14-Feb-21 18:38:37
Print Post

i wold disagree

does your corner shop stock every produt in the coutry on the off chance you might want it ,

anyone building networks scale there networks accordingly as take up increases but that takes time and money (not a lot if you are funding infrastructure you might not see a return until some time in the 2030s at earliest
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Sun 14-Feb-21 19:51:42
Print Post

jabuzzard

That's a bit steep really, these are domestic premises and when the FTTP was provided some years back few people would have considered needing two fibre terminations to a single house, ( 4 port ONTs would have served multiple services from 1 pair of fibres ) .Fairly certain that it is a fibre DP problem from who can order and who cannot and that some people already have two services. You cannot predict individual small areas where penetration is above 100%, over supplying everywhere would have put the cost above what OFCOM would enable OR to recover which means making a loss and therefore less FTTP.

Now OR can prove to OFCOM that the 100% supply is required so can cost recover and the equipment is far cheaper than when they first started in 2012
ISP Representative aquiss
(isp) Mon 15-Feb-21 09:39:11
Print Post

[re: Claired] [link to this post]

This looks like it could be a possible database issue. We see this a lot, with random properties unable to see FTTP, whilst neighbours already have it. I've already had 3 cases come across my desk this morning.

If you want to reach out to me, we can have a chat with Openreach for you.

Martin Pitt
Company Founder
Aquiss Limited
https://www.aquiss.net

FTTC, FTTP, GEA, EFM, Leased Lines, Telecoms and Hosting
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Feb-21 10:56:03
Print Post

[re: Fastman3] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fastman3:
is this recent premises as it could be premises that was built after the intial FTTP are was done - there are 2 or 3 horror places from memory in Bradwell abbey that developers chose to have copper where other houses already had FTTP , thus creating new not spots
Just guessing but I am assuming that as it is mid terrace and the houses either side have FTTP then that probably isn't the issue here wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to