General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Reggie6
(newbie) Thu 25-Feb-21 22:03:20
Print Post

Is Virgin Gig1 really going to be available at this property

[link to this post]

Hi all

Looking at buying a new property. It's in one of VM's Gig1 rollout areas, and when I check the address on the Virgin website it says Gig1 is available. However, what's confusing me is that none of the other VM packages are showing as available and I can't find any other evidence of it being a VM area.

I would have thought it would need to be a VM area for Gig1 to be available, but if it is a VM area then why are the other packages not available? Is there any logic to this or is it likely to be an error with their address checker which I will only find out about after placing an order etc?

I did try calling them earlier but seemed I was going to be on hold for ages and I thought they'd probably only tell me what the website was saying anyway.

Thanks

Reg
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 26-Feb-21 09:14:31
Print Post

Re: Is Virgin Gig1 really going to be available at this prop

[re: Reggie6] [link to this post]

Have you checked out the ThinkBroadband checker to see if that think Virgin is available at the address? Available here
Standard User BuckleZ
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Feb-21 09:17:09
Print Post

I'd imagine if Gig1 is available you can count on it the slower packages below are too.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mwarby
(learned) Fri 26-Feb-21 19:14:03
Print Post

Have you asked the seller, if it’s an existing property they might know, or even have had it in the past. If it’s a new build the developer should know if virgin infrastructure has been installed (although may not be ready to order)
Standard User _Icaras_
(learned) Tue 30-Mar-21 23:30:09
Print Post

Have a walk up and down in front of the house, can you see any Virgin Media infrastructure?

Icaras
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Wed 31-Mar-21 12:44:03
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Have you checked out the ThinkBroadband checker to see if that think Virgin is available at the address? Available here

For some reason the package search seems to give me a generic reply which bears no resembles to what is actually available to me or my street. Is that the same for anyone else?

To OP, why not put the post code and address in the VM website and see what it comes up with?

BT Infinity 2 - ECI Cabinet
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 31-Mar-21 14:02:49
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

Hmm, you're right, the results don't seem to be working right for me either.
  Print Thread

Jump to