General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bs0d
(experienced) Wed 14-Apr-21 19:24:05
Print Post

VDSL2 External Hardware

[link to this post]

Hi, i've had VDSL2 for a number of years firstly with BT and last 3 years TT.

Connection has performed flawlessly until january this year. Many OR callouts have failed to fix the problem permenantly of many disconnections resulting in below ADSL speeds.

I've always had great line stats and well over the 80/20, which return briefly after an OR visit to the greenbox. But within days the disconnections return.

I suspect a problem in the hardware in the greenbox.

Question is, Do TT have their own hardware in the green boxes or will this problem persist into another provider that would use BTWholesale ?

Regards
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Apr-21 19:51:26
Print Post

Re: VDSL2 External Hardware

[re: bs0d] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bs0d:
Hi, i've had VDSL2 for a number of years firstly with BT and last 3 years TT.

Connection has performed flawlessly until january this year. Many OR callouts have failed to fix the problem permenantly of many disconnections resulting in below ADSL speeds.

I've always had great line stats and well over the 80/20, which return briefly after an OR visit to the greenbox. But within days the disconnections return.

I suspect a problem in the hardware in the greenbox.

Question is, Do TT have their own hardware in the green boxes or will this problem persist into another provider that would use BTWholesale ?

Regards

Nope, all the DSLAM hardware and connections at the cabinet are owned and maintained by Openreach

Standard User bs0d
(experienced) Thu 15-Apr-21 10:32:09
Print Post

Re: VDSL2 External Hardware

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply, i thought that might be the case.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to