Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Wab
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Sep-11 21:01:39
Print Post

Re: Nice SSD

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Go for the M4 yes there may be one or 2 out there faster, but none more reliable, and they have just had new firmware out(0009) which makes it faster and smoother ... and they also go for around £135 which is cheaper than the one you asking about, and its 8 GB more as they come in at 128GB.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid...

There at £132 for a M4 128GB

| It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over. .|

|noneLLU|nonenone |
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Sep-11 09:53:09
Print Post

[re: Wab] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Wab:
Go for the M4 yes there may be one or 2 out there faster, but none more reliable, and they have just had new firmware out(0009) which makes it faster and smoother ... and they also go for around £135 which is cheaper than the one you asking about, and its 8 GB more as they come in at 128GB.

The 128Gb thing is a bit of a swiz, my Corsair is 128Gb as well, but it will not use it all. From what I have been reading the drives are still classed as 120Gb as the extra 8Gb is left to take over when the memory starts to fail.

My corsair is fine, it does what I want, but thanks anyway

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User Zadeks
(committed) Mon 19-Sep-11 10:32:55
Print Post

It depends on the make and model of SSD.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Wab
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Sep-11 13:26:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
In reply to a post by Wab:

The 128Gb thing is a bit of a swiz, my Corsair is 128Gb as well, but it will not use it all. From what I have been reading the drives are still classed as 120Gb as the extra 8Gb is left to take over when the memory starts to fail.

My corsair is fine, it does what I want, but thanks anyway

I have just got and checked a M4 it shows the full 128GB, Is yours the Corsair's first generation of solid-state drives? as they were not terribly good.

But that aside they are by far and away the most reliable SSD on the market, and with the new firmware released a few days ago (think it was the 15th) speed wise its as good as any on the market.. but its a much safer bet.

| It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over. .|

|noneLLU|nonenone |
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to