Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gypsydog
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 16-Nov-11 07:44:24
Print Post

Re: Colour network laser sought (duplex?)

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I guess "relatively" is the operative word.

Reminds of the chap who thought his family were 'poor'.

They were down to their last two servants. tongue

DrayTek Vigor 2710n

ZeN Active
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every man should have at least two computers; one to use and one to tinker with.
Standard User Sayali999
(newbie) Thu 15-Oct-20 06:07:00
Print Post

Re: Colour network laser sought (duplex?) *DELETED*

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Post deleted by seb
Standard User TrevorSP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Oct-20 16:59:55
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

If I am not too late, as a company and private user, we have gone with Morgan Computers for well over 10 years and I have seriously lost count of how many we have bought over the years. We have a minimum of three on the go at the moment, all using the same type of toner, which is great for stock levels across the different home and office environment and rooms.

FIRST THING TO KNOW IS THAT THEY ARE FREE! (from Morgan Computers).
With a caveat of course, that you buy x amount of toner from them at the same time.
Next day free delivery too!

I am not going to link to them in case someone thinks I am getting a kickback somehow!

Today laser printers are great for all sorts of documents and just sit there, very rarely do I have to go the printer to actually "fiddle" with something. I seriously can't remember the last time. Keep your eye on the resolutions and obviously go for the best you can.

If you are into photography, you are able to provide some great photos, especially if you use "laser glossy paper". I emphasise that because you really don't want to put normal injet photo paper through a laser printer!

But glossy paper is available for simple or duplex laser printers bit more than normal paper but worth it if you are going to be printing photos.

I have never done a cost analysis on the difference between toner powder vs inject ink for the simple reason, we are so happy with the reliability and quality that we would never go back!

The only reason we have an inkjet in the office only is for printing on white printable CDs and DVDs. That is the sole reason!

Hope this helps and doesn't count as an advertisement, because I have nothing to do with this company in any way shape or form!

Regards,
Trevor

BT 80/20 and Mobile phone package. Happy with both
"Aquila non capit muscas uel timet latrantem canem"

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Oct-20 07:00:00
Print Post

[re: TrevorSP] [link to this post]

LOL, this thread is from 2011, you are late.

i have a brother LED printer, not as fast as a laser, but the quality is really good and it is cheap.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User TrevorSP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 17-Oct-20 18:12:39
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I just looked and heading and saw it was "active" and in a rush to let folks know that they don't have to pay directly for their printers, silly me!

Still a valid point though.
The prices of their inks and toners are no more expensive than anywhere else and the only one problem I had with a set of five, how they usually sell them, C,M,Y, +2xB and they sent me two sets back and told me to ditch the defective ones!

(I didn't, I waited a week or so and emptied the toner from the "duff chip" batch to the working batch)!

So if just one person finds my post about them selling in a different style to other companies then at least me looking a prat hasn't been in vane smile

Stay safe,
Regards,
Trevor

If you need someone to talk to, we listen. We won't judge or tell you what to do.
Ring the Samaritans, from any phone for free by dialing 116 123

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 17-Oct-20 21:44:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by TrevorSP:
I just looked and heading and saw it was "active" and in a rush to let folks know that they don't have to pay directly for their printers, silly me!

Still a valid point though.
The prices of their inks and toners are no more expensive than anywhere else and the only one problem I had with a set of five, how they usually sell them, C,M,Y, +2xB and they sent me two sets back and told me to ditch the defective ones!

(I didn't, I waited a week or so and emptied the toner from the "duff chip" batch to the working batch)!

So if just one person finds my post about them selling in a different style to other companies then at least me looking a prat hasn't been in vane smile

Stay safe,
Regards,
Trevor

I thought Morgan computers vanished years ago, blast from the past.

I got the black toner for my brother from Stinky inks, i have not used it yet, so i have no idea what it is like.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User TrevorSP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Oct-20 13:42:39
Print Post

I thought Morgan computers vanished years ago, blast from the past.
That is one of the main reasons I recommend them. You don't last that long having rubbish support!
The one time I needed them and they were there with double my order on next day delivery!

There is a quite a bit of what I call, Tatt, there, but by the same token, if I was looking, which I frequently do, for a burn phone, for legal reasons, then they are usually my first port of call! Certainly for monitors, TV's, cheap laptops etc.

Not one of their printers has ever gone wrong on us, ever.
The oldest one we have is an HP B&W laser printer. Still going strong and toners easily available, that must be from 1999 or even further back!

However. We once went through a period when it was cheaper to order a new free printer and pay for the toners than it was to pay for the toners on their own after the initial batch had run out until they realised why we were ordering new printers every few months!

Then I got a humorous email from one of the managers that basically said, please don't do this, we will come to an "arrangement" over the price of the toners for you.

Wrecked a nice sideline of selling used printers on eBay, Gumtree, et al !

Never been anywhere else since for printers, they always have a minimum of six printers for free, have seen it as high as ten at busy periods!

Stay safe,
Regards,
Trevor

If you need someone to talk to, we listen. We won't judge or tell you what to do.
Ring the Samaritans, from any phone for free by dialing 116 123

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Oct-20 19:07:11
Print Post

I can not remember if I ever got anything them or not, I kind of remember someone I knew doing so, I noticed their website is still as bad as it was, sorry, but it looks about 20 years old smile

the old HP lasers go on for ever, we have a couple still left at work and they are good work horses, well they were, the one in the loading bay have now decided to give out and I can not see it being replaced as we don't use it any more since all deliveries are now done on handsets and auto received.

The company seemed to be changing to Brother machines, i love the brothers, but I do not think they will last as long as the old HP. I think my Brother LED i printer is great, but it is certainly not made for continual printing. Saying that a friend of mine has the one above mine, and she uses it hell of a lot.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User spile
(newbie) Mon 19-Oct-20 07:54:21
Print Post

After a terrible experience with a Lexmark colour laser ( poor quality print and horrendous short lived toners) I bought an Epsom inkjet with tanks. Reliable and the first ( you get two sets) bottles have lasted me two years. Love my mono laser from Brother but will never trust a colour laser again. Epsom also gave me a £100 trade in on the Lexmark!
Standard User flilot
(member) Mon 19-Oct-20 09:49:59
Print Post

[re: spile] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by spile:
After a terrible experience with a Lexmark colour laser ( poor quality print and horrendous short lived toners) I bought an Epsom inkjet with tanks. Reliable and the first ( you get two sets) bottles have lasted me two years. Love my mono laser from Brother but will never trust a colour laser again. Epsom also gave me a £100 trade in on the Lexmark!

*Epson

Carl

Jump to