Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TrevorSP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Oct-20 13:08:40
Print Post

Re: Colour network laser sought (duplex?)

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

sorry, but it looks about 20 years old
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Don't apologise, I don't think it's changed in all the time I have been visiting or longer ! ! ! ! !
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Stay safe,
Regards,
Trevor

If you need someone to talk to, we listen. We won't judge or tell you what to do.
Ring the Samaritans, from any phone for free by dialing 116 123

BT 80/20 and Mobile phone package. Happy with both
"Aquila non capit muscas uel timet latrantem canem"
Standard User billford
(elder) Mon 19-Oct-20 13:27:44
Print Post

[re: TrevorSP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TrevorSP:
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Don't apologise, I don't think it's changed in all the time I have been visiting or longer ! ! ! ! !
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
If it ain't broke, don't fix it tongue

Bill
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Oct-20 09:04:14
Print Post

[re: spile] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by spile:
After a terrible experience with a Lexmark colour laser ( poor quality print and horrendous short lived toners) I bought an Epsom inkjet with tanks. Reliable and the first ( you get two sets) bottles have lasted me two years. Love my mono laser from Brother but will never trust a colour laser again. Epsom also gave me a £100 trade in on the Lexmark!

I had a Lexmark z42 monochrome inkjet years ago, it was built like a tank and worked well, the one problem were the price of ink for the thing. But the print quality was amazing and as, yet I have still not seen an inkjet that can produce the same quality at the same speed. I also know someone who had a colour Lexmark laser for office use, that seemed ok, but he did not have if that long as he went bankrupt, got divorced from his and wife and I have not seen any of them since and that was a fair few years ago.

My brother is not officially a laser printer, it is a LED printer, sure the printing part works the same way but it uses a row of LEDs instead of a laser and a spinning mirror.

The HL-L3270CDW is around £240, which is pretty good, i have the one below and older version, the HL-3150CDW, it is just a bit slower at printing, a friend of mine got the one above mine, HL-L3210 and she uses it in a small businss.

The quality is fine, not photo quality, but then it is not made for that, but even so it prints on photo paper ok and you have to look close to see the problems. I do nto use it a lot, whihc is why I like at as it sits there until i need it and there is no dried up ink to worry about and it is cheap to run compared to inkjets.

The one annoyance i have with the unit is the control panel , it is awful, I have noticed in newer versions they have improved it, so it can be seen easier. If I was going to get another one I would get an all in one.

Sorry, i am not a fan of Epsons, I have never had much luck with them and the older ones always seems to be made of awful plastic that split and broke. I also hate the way they keep doing updates to try to stop people using different ink. My brother have got a Epson workforce printer, but is having problems with it not doing duplex, so I have to pop over on sunday and have a look.

I like Canon inkjets, the problem I have is that I don't use them, and they dry up and all ink jet printers do that.
I will keep with what I have got for now, the brother, and my old HP scanner as long as Microsoft do not muck it up with their drivers. Also have a Canon selphi die sub photo printer.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Oct-20 09:05:19
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
If it ain't broke, don't fix it tongue

But it looks awful on widescreen monitors and I would not hazard a guess what it would be like on mobiles.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User spile
(newbie) Mon 26-Oct-20 21:41:53
Print Post

[re: TrevorSP] [link to this post]

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Blame the auto correct 😃
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to