Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 16-Nov-11 21:17:46
Print Post

Re: New PC for Video Editing

[re: AEP] [link to this post]

Mmm. I keep forgetting that google's prices are "from £xx". I wish the dodgy price companies could get filtered out.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

All Connection Data ~ plusnet

Scottish Labour politician: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Interviewer: ”Is that a bad thing?”

Scottish Labour politician: “No, but they are doing it deliberately.”
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 16-Nov-11 21:23:32
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by camieabz:
Mmm. I keep forgetting that google's prices are "from £xx". I wish the dodgy price companies could get filtered out.
Dell yuk, loss leader is all they are, and they charge over the odds for what hardware they throw in their boxes,and most are limited when it comes to upgrading them, best would option would be a custom built
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 16-Nov-11 22:19:21
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Dell yuk, loss leader is all they are, and they charge over the odds for what hardware they throw in their boxes,and most are limited when it comes to upgrading them, best would option would be a custom built

Did you read?

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
A pre-built PC, thanks

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Scottish Labour politician: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Thu 17-Nov-11 00:11:57
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

That's an excellent 1080p video Adrian - what form of compression did you use for rendering it, i.e. codec and bit rate?

Possibly a few problems with de-interlacing, although barely noticeable smile
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Thu 17-Nov-11 00:26:00
Print Post

[re: 12eason] [link to this post]

12eason,

I didn't realise how the prices of internal HDD's have escalated - looks like they have nearly doubled in price during the past year!
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Thu 17-Nov-11 00:55:05
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Nice vid. Must have missed that post earlier. Handy TBB meter tester too at 1080p. Getting line speeds after midnight.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Standard User alwall
(member) Thu 17-Nov-11 05:25:34
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I believe that the flooding in Thailand has seriously affected production.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/thailand-floods-cou...

BTBroadband
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Nov-11 07:02:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by 4M2:
That's an excellent 1080p video Adrian - what form of compression did you use for rendering it, i.e. codec and bit rate?

Possibly a few problems with de-interlacing, although barely noticeable smile

I did not render or edit it, my mate done that, I just done a tiny bit of camera work. He would have used the codec in Vegas which is the mainconcept one, I presume he left it at default with is 25Mbps.

I noticed a couple of interlace problems, but I can't remember where i seen them. I will have to go over and sort it out at the weekend, just have to change the settings in Vegas.

My mate is getting good at video editing now, but then I suppose being a singer/song writer helps as you get that flair for artistic stuff.

The main problem we both have is our Cameras, not because they are no good, but they are so light that it can sometimes be difficult to keep them still.

Both are JVCs, fantastic little cameras, mine amazes me as it cost £200 for a full Hd camcorder and the quality is amazing.

The next thing I want is a Zoom, the built in microphones are fine on the camcorder, but there is no stereo separation because they are too close together and mine is mono anyway.

Most of the time for John it don't matter as he shoots music videos so use audio from the studio.

I can't play HD from You tube without buffering it first, my broadband speed is not fast enough. that is about the only time I do get annoyed with my broadband speed.

thanks for the comments,

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Nov-11 07:03:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by 4M2:
12eason,

I didn't realise how the prices of internal HDD's have escalated - looks like they have nearly doubled in price during the past year!

I did not realise either until I looked yesterday, I think I will put my 1GB drive on hold for a while.

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Nov-11 07:04:29
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Nice vid. Must have missed that post earlier. Handy TBB meter tester too at 1080p. Getting line speeds after midnight.

cheers, I can't play the 1080p from you tube unless i buffer.

I did have a look on you tube to see what it was like.

Adrian

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to