Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-May-13 08:21:32
Print Post

Re: Upgrading RAM

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by camieabz:
[censored]...sorry to colic....what the hell was I thinking? blush

6-6-6-18 (or 21, if that's the next option) would be my first try, and if it works, we can get an idea of the issue being resolved. The voltage ought to work at 2.0 for that RAM at those timings.

I thought lower the number that is why I bought it over some other RAM in the first place but I have not tried anything yet. I have the code from the blue screen but it is a massive load of numbers and letters? At the top it stated SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION

I will try the new timings tonight

No need to say sorry you have given me plently of help so far which I appreciate smile
Standard User OldChapXS
(newbie) Wed 15-May-13 19:33:40
Print Post

[re: colic] [link to this post]

The part of the bluescreen that we need to see is:

http://www.lakecityquietpills.com/photo/multihost/im...
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-May-13 20:12:29
Print Post

[re: OldChapXS] [link to this post]

Hello,

The blue screen is below

http://www.gamesupdate.co.uk/images/blue.png

Below are the BIOS Settings

http://www.gamesupdate.co.uk/images/bios1.png

http://www.gamesupdate.co.uk/images/bios2.png

http://www.gamesupdate.co.uk/images/bios3.png

I am just about to put in the new RAM values and will come back to tell you if crashes again haha!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-May-13 21:04:56
Print Post

Tried with the new settings and just crashes the same. As well as the 3B error code I also received an F4 error code this time frown
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 15-May-13 21:30:59
Print Post

I suggest you go back to each pair (original timings and voltages) and test them separately with memtest to see if they throw up errors. It may be a case that you'll never get them to pair up, or it may be that there's a weak link.

Overclockers suggest that 3B code solution is to increase the vcore, but you're not overclocking. I would expect a 1A code for bad RAM, but these things can be anything from a bad driver, to a weak part, hence the memtest suggestion.

N.B. - Your BIOS shows that you have warnings disabled, and you have no system fan (i.e. something to cool the mobo, chipset or RAM). That might be a source of the heat in the RAM, if there's inadequate cooling.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

I've forgotten more about broadband than I care to remember.
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-May-13 23:19:39
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

I'm clueless now, tested the RAM

New set no errors when tested together.

Old pair error when I tested them both together, singular both passed ok. However when one of the stick was in passed the test but when windows loaded it blue screened but I could not read the error code as it went off to fast.

Not sure about the fan thing as there are fans and it does seem to keep cool
Standard User OldChapXS
(newbie) Thu 16-May-13 00:42:43
Print Post

MIT change performance enhance to standard and try again (I believe this will adjust your secondary timings)

if fails change mch control up 1 step and try again (not sure what the increments are with this one)

I after both of these adjustments your original set will still not pass memtest then I have to start thinking they are faulty

Edited by OldChapXS (Thu 16-May-13 00:51:53)

Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-May-13 08:20:32
Print Post

[re: OldChapXS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by OldChapXS:
MIT change performance enhance to standard and try again (I believe this will adjust your secondary timings)

if fails change mch control up 1 step and try again (not sure what the increments are with this one)

I after both of these adjustments your original set will still not pass memtest then I have to start thinking they are faulty

I changed it to standard upped the voltage by 0.2 and changed another setting, I cannot remember which one now. I now have the two new sticks in and one of the old ones in and it appears stable.

I rendered a 35 min video in Premier pro and no crash, left the PC running overnight and was still alive this morning. So I will try adding the last stick in tonight and see what happens.
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-May-13 00:37:56
Print Post

Well I have put in the other stick and all is stable tonight, so I will start to increase the values in BIOS 1 by 1 and check the stability. Thanks for the help smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to