Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 21-Jul-13 22:36:11
Print Post

Re: Slight flicker

[re: git] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by git:
I've had a u2412 for a few months now, and the thing I'm most impressed by is the picture... It has bought back queues to use the desktop in to what had become a household of laptop users.

I've got about 5" height adjustment on the stand,along with tilt and swivel, and got it at such a good price I bought a dead pixel guarantee to go with it despite my general feeling that they are probably unnecessary these days. In the unlikely event the stand wont let you set it up just so, have you considered a VESA mount on the wall above the shelf?

Picked it up from novatech if memory serves. Didn't have any dealings with Dell directly, but I did quiz their customer services intensively when I bought my ultrabook and they were faultless.

Ive measured the height of my current Philips and it seems with adjustment the 23 inch would fit just nicely. The Philips now has 3 dead pixels (bright) but it came with a years Perfect Panel from Philips and overall 3 year warranty so not bad for a 10 year old monitor. I also noticed reducing the brightness on the Philips makes it whine so something is not right. Will have a look at Novatech.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User git
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Jul-13 22:53:54
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

I drew out the areas of the different sizes and ratios on my desk before buying... It's worth bearing in mind the 24" panel is actually 16:10 (1920x1200) not 16:9 (1920x1080) so its not quite as wide as a normal 24" panel but about an inch higher which depending on which way you are constricted might make a difference. Of course that's only screen size, my top bezel is around 20mm.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 21-Jul-13 22:58:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by git:
I drew out the areas of the different sizes and ratios on my desk before buying... It's worth bearing in mind the 24" panel is actually 16:10 (1920x1200) not 16:9 (1920x1080) so its not quite as wide as a normal 24" panel but about an inch higher which depending on which way you are constricted might make a difference. Of course that's only screen size, my top bezel is around 20mm.

The restriction is purely viewing angle. My seat at present allows me to view my current monitor head on and centre. Most other monitors without adjustment would mean I would be looking up which I would find uncomfortable, the Dell is the only monitor I can find with the height adjustment at a reasonable price with a pixel policy worth noting.

Tim
My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User git
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Jul-13 23:04:12
Print Post

Speaking of pixel policy it wasn't nova it was aria. Their 23" pixel check policy is here Conveniantly it is almost exactly the same as the amount aria are cheaper than nova anyway...

The only thing I can think of re seating height is this.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-Jul-13 00:10:50
Print Post

The only thing I can think of re seating height is this.

I already have that peripheral. smile

Tim
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User git
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 22-Jul-13 04:18:10
Print Post

I was trying to work out the screen dimensions of their new 29" ultrawide screen monitor, when I came across some ridiculously detailed size specs. Figured they would probably also exist for the 23"... No need to guestimate...

23" Dimensions with stand (H x W x D)

365.0 mm(compressed) ~ 493.0 mm(extended) x 546.4 mm x 185.4 mm
14.37" (compressed) ~19.44" (extended) x 21.51" x 7.30"
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-Jul-13 15:32:53
Print Post

Indeed I found those too.

Tim
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Oct-13 19:46:35
Print Post

Well I took the plunge this week an ordered a Dell U2212HM Ultrasharp from Ebuyer as the flicker on my Philips at switch on has become very pronounced. Unfortunately Yodel tried to deliver today but I wasn't in so will have to wait for re-delivery. Couldn't buy it from Dell as it seems to be not available anymore.

Tim
My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to