Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Jan-16 14:00:51
Print Post

Re: Secure boot

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
So you are saying that Microsoft produce the best software for your purposes? That's fair enough.

There is any Os that would do what I want to do and the software available for it is better than what is on Windows, but it is above the price I am willing to pay and also I complain enough about Windows and secure boot as it is, so I would certainly not buy a system which is even more locked down, which is the Apple Mac.

i know years ago we did do things that way, the old 8 bits would have their own Operating system, if you can call it that, 16 bit machines like the Amiga had Amiga dos, but things was different then.

If i buy a microsoft computer then I expect it to be locked toi Windows, but if I buy a Acer, I expect to put what ever OS I want on it since it is not a Microsoft built machine, so Microsoft should have no say.

I'm not the pro-Microsoft one; I use several different OSs.

Don't mean you are not pro-Microsoft, I know someone who is pro-Apple and yet she still use other operating systems.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Jan-16 14:02:04
Print Post

Re: Secure boot

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
So you don't think that the NSA had anything to do with the development of SE Linux?

No doubt and I also think they have back doors in Windows and OS X and no doubt Android and IOS. I would not be surprised if our own spy agencies don't either.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to