Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 24-Mar-19 03:23:33
Print Post

Corsair Harpoon Mouse

[link to this post]

Nice mouse, rubbish software. If I reboot after a windows update for example the bong sound of somthing disconnecting sounds on windows 10 log on and side buttons stop working. The only way to fix this is to fully shut down the machine and then boot and buttons magically work again.

I have been on to Corsair support and they said to do a soft reset (power up mouse with both buttons pressed) and to manually upload mouse firmware to the mouse after pressing the reset pin hole with a paper clip. Neither of which work.

I suspect the Corsair driver is not loading on reboot for some reason but trying to get this through to Corsair support is proving difficult.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus DSL-N55U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Current Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User SamirD
(newbie) Wed 27-Mar-19 14:51:06
Print Post

Re: Corsair Harpoon Mouse

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

I would try removing the hardware from the system so it disables the driver. Then remove the hardware and reboot. Then let it boot up fully and reboot again. Then re-install it and see if it works any better. Definitely sounds like a driver issue more than anything else.

Windows updates break so much stuff. It's why we lock down our win7 installs with either reboot restore or timefreez.
  Print Thread

Jump to