Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jul-20 15:47:04
Print Post

How can I fix a mirror image when using Go To Meeting

[link to this post]

Recently have been taking part in virtual meetings. Some using Go to Meeting other using Webex.

Today during a Go To Meeting Session, i started to realise that my background was not right. Soon found that what I was seeing was a mirror image of me and the room I was in. During a a discussion, of the other participants held up a book so that I could see the title etc. That was fine, but when I held up mine which was a different one, both he and I could see that I was appearing as a mirror image.

A quick check of the controls and a Google revealed that there is no way within Go to Meeting to change this.

Using a web-cam tester https://webcamtests.com/ my image etc appears normal, ie non-mirror image.

Checked with Zoom Test and again I am in mirror image.

Checked with Webex Test and my image is the correct way round.

So seems to be a Go to Meeting thing/problem?

Is there an App for Win7 that will enable me to flip my video from my web-cam so that my video input to Go to Meeting is corrected?

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Fri 03-Jul-20 16:11:14
Print Post

Re: How can I fix a mirror image when using Go To Meeting

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

In my Zoom video settings there is an option "Mirror my image" or similar which toggles between normal and mirrored.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
... known to some as George
plusnet FTTC

Edited by longedge (Fri 03-Jul-20 16:13:03)

Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Jul-20 19:16:01
Print Post

Re: How can I fix a mirror image when using Go To Meeting

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Ah, I have not used Zoom yet and from what you say, sounds similar to Webex where there is a "switch".

Apparently some webcam software has this facility too, but unfortunately mine does not, or does not appear too.

What I could do with is an App which datawise, sits between the webcam and Gotomeeting and allows me to swiitch - similar in a way to Virtual Audio Cable (although quite a bit different).

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to