User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User locutus
(experienced) Tue 11-Jun-19 20:32:17
Print Post

Re: HO IPv6 roll out started.

[re: edechamps] [link to this post]

I've had to set my router to Native connection type for it to work on my Asus RT-AC86U.

The router FAQ says if the WAN connection type is Automatic IP, set it to Passthrough.

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
Standard User Nissemus_UK
(newbie) Thu 18-Jul-19 20:23:00
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hyperoptic_CS:
We appreciate your feedback and we find it to be truly valuable. It will be leading to us updating the FAQs to include IPv6 set-up guide for non-hyperoptic routers. They usually pick up on the settings automatically, but we'll be posting the steps to follow when that isn't the case, to make sure you can benefit from having an IPv6 address straight away from the moment when you receive it.

Keep an eye on our website and, thanks to you bringing this to our attention, there will be an FAQs page dedicated to this soon from now.

This was more than a year ago. Are we ever going to get this FAQ?

Edited by Nissemus_UK (Thu 18-Jul-19 20:23:44)

ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Wed 14-Aug-19 15:35:39
Print Post

[re: Nissemus_UK] [link to this post]

Hello Nissemus_UK, we are happy to inform you that we have updated our FAQ. You will be able to find the instruction on setting up a third party router on the link: https://www.hyperoptic.com/faq/router/ and selecting the option Connecting a non-Hyperoptic router. Thank you for your patience.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to [email protected]
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Nissemus_UK
(newbie) Wed 14-Aug-19 16:20:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by Hyperoptic_CS:
Hello Nissemus_UK, we are happy to inform you that we have updated our FAQ. You will be able to find the instruction on setting up a third party router on the link: https://www.hyperoptic.com/faq/router/ and selecting the option Connecting a non-Hyperoptic router. Thank you for your patience.

You may have updated it, but it still says nothing about IPv6, which is the whole point of this thread.
(isp) Thu 15-Aug-19 08:31:29
Print Post

[re: Nissemus_UK] [link to this post]

Hello Nissemus_UK, thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the wrong link. Here is the updated FAQ page that we have discussed: https://www.hyperoptic.com/faq/technical-support/. All the updates are under the IP address section. We hope that you will find all the information needed.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to [email protected]
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User 0dot37
(newbie) Thu 15-Aug-19 09:54:51
Print Post

Hi HO

Perhaps you could move over reddit and help a few lost souls there with their router setup in addition to your updated FAQ.
(isp) Fri 16-Aug-19 15:56:36
Print Post

[re: 0dot37] [link to this post]

Hey there,

If you're using a third party router we would not be able to help as we have no access to it and are not familiar with the router itself and it's configuration.

We do hope the update helps and we're always here to assist if you have any other queries.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Standard User locutus
(experienced) Sun 18-Aug-19 18:37:55
Print Post

Itís important to note that our phone service will only work through our Hyberhub router.

That bit needs updating too.

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to