User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jamesgooner
(experienced) Mon 15-Jun-20 17:20:23
Print Post

VOIP calls

[link to this post]

Afternoon All.
I would like some advice on VOIP calls, i saw somewhere that i cant use a BT phone on Hyperoptic, so can anyone advice on what kind of phone i can use, also how much are the phone plans, i tried to message them but keep getting messages hackers could access there site if i continue.
Standard User Milhouse
(member) Tue 16-Jun-20 05:23:16
Print Post

Re: VOIP calls

[re: jamesgooner] [link to this post]

My DECT phone that I previously connected to my BT ADSL socket works fine with the Hyperoptic Hub VOIP service and a RJ11 plug to BT socket adapter[1]

Call charges are detailed in the FAQ[2] - here's a direct link to the Price Guide Book PDF[3].

1. https://www.amazon.co.uk/CDL-Micro-Socket-Adaptor-Te...

2. https://hyperoptic.com/help/billing-and-invoicing/#p...

3. https://www.hyperoptic.com/wp-content/uploads/docume...
Standard User jamesgooner
(experienced) Tue 16-Jun-20 09:12:40
Print Post

[re: Milhouse] [link to this post]

Thanks for advice & links Milhouse, will have to look for a phone now,one that can block all nuisance calls.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Tue 16-Jun-20 12:45:45
Print Post

Hi James!

Just as Milhouse has advised, you will be able to either use your BT phone (and we'd gladly send the BT adapter free of charge) or purchase any handset which has an RJ11 cable (that one can directly be connected to the Phone 1 port on the router).

As for the pricing, all the charges are included in the Price Guide Book.

We're curious about the message that you kept getting about the hackers, as that shouldn't be appearing. If you still have such an issue, feel free to reach out via phone (on 0333 332 1111), Live Chat, e-mail ([email protected]) or Social Media channels (Twitter and Facebook). One of our team members will assist you with all the queries.

We wish you a pleasant rest of the day and stay safe!

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to [email protected]
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User steve195527
(member) Tue 16-Jun-20 20:23:11
Print Post

our bt call blocker phone on the virgin viop service wont block withheld numbers, it blocks everything else it is asked to block, neither bt or virgin can figure out why this is ,if anybody has an idea how to resolve it please let me know
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Mon 29-Jun-20 10:24:23
Print Post

[re: steve195527] [link to this post]

Hey there! Feel free to send us a private message or reach out on any of the aforementioned channels and we'll certainly assist as much as we can and advise you on the next steps.

We wish you a pleasant day and stay safe!

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to [email protected]
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to