User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kelvinni
(newbie) Fri 02-Apr-21 21:07:41
Print Post

normal latency on hyperoptics

[link to this post]

Hi All, recently had a issue on our local building switch. Since then noticed some abnormal latency on gaming (normally 200ms but now will suddenly go up to 400-500ms).Is below normal?
Live Graph below:
My Broadband Ping

Hello World
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Thu 08-Apr-21 10:54:49
Print Post

Re: normal latency on hyperoptics

[re: kelvinni] [link to this post]

Hi there! We hope you are well and safe.

We'd gladly take a look into your connection and see how we can help. Could you send us a direct message with your account details and we'll be on it?

Thanks!

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to [email protected]
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ft247
(regular) Thu 08-Apr-21 12:11:23
Print Post

[re: kelvinni] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kelvinni:
(normally 200ms but now will suddenly go up to 400-500ms).Is below normal?

Where are your game servers? What was the issue on your building switch?

The baseline latency on your graph is around 5ms which is around what I'd expect from Hyperoptic and can be a perfectly good connection for gaming. The big spikes of yellow - were you downloading something at those times?

200ms indicates either something wrong or a server a long way away, you can get to West coast USA or Singapore in less than that. 500ms definitely points to something wrong, you can reach a datacenter in Australia in under 300ms.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kelvinni
(newbie) Thu 08-Apr-21 23:08:17
Print Post

[re: ft247] [link to this post]

I have spoken to Hyperoptics and they have advised it was due to my connection has an open pair (one set of cables on the local switch wasn't plug in properly). Due to Covid it did take 3 weeks before an engineer could attend and it was fixed after that. My cable was possibly moved (could be loose connection) while the other engineer was replacing the faulty UPS.

So this is fixed, thank you.

Hello World
  Print Thread

Jump to