User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Feb-11 13:05:13
Print Post

Re: Sono arrivato

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
In reply to a post by rikbean:
I'm seriously thinking that, for me, fibre would be a waste of money.
But seriously, even if you don't need the speed, being able to dispense with that long length of copper (or aluminium) from the exchange to your cabinet can make quite a difference to the reliability of the connection.

I agree, Bill, but in practice my connection is pretty reliable. I'll probably end up going to fibre, but it will be a want rather than a need. laugh

Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Feb-11 17:07:11
Print Post

[re: rikbean] [link to this post]

To be honest I think Fibre should be rolled out to all households within the next 2years so that everyone has similar access for similar prices. At the moment many people get a slow connection compaered to others yet still pay the same price for a similar service. This is definately not right. If I had a telephone account of a set amount and had to pay for all my calls and someone else had the same telephoneaccount yet paid nothing for calls I think that would be unfair yet that is what is happening because of BT not rolling out a modern cennection for all.

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

Idnetters Official Forums

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User RandomJointer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Feb-11 21:25:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Openreach appear to think that only BT Retail ,Zen and Eclipse are FTTC customers. With TALKTALK trailing.

Would it be possible for IDNET to make clear their involvement? as not being listed as providers on the Openreach list could be mistaken as IDNET purely being resellers of other providers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 20-Feb-11 21:44:36
Print Post

[re: RandomJointer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RandomJointer:
Openreach appear to think that only BT Retail ,Zen and Eclipse are FTTC customers. With TALKTALK trailing.
Not very good at keeping track of their customers, are they?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

[email protected] ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM

Edited by billford (Sun 20-Feb-11 21:45:18)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 20-Feb-11 23:05:34
Print Post

[re: RandomJointer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RandomJointer:

Would it be possible for IDNET to make clear their involvement? as not being listed as providers on the Openreach list could be mistaken as IDNET purely being resellers of other providers.
What list is that then?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-Feb-11 11:20:26
Print Post

You have to remember they were able to completely delete IDNet last year, Bill, this might explain why. wink

Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 21-Feb-11 11:37:00
Print Post

this might explain why. wink
Maybe, but I doubt if there's a direct connection.

More likely to be just general incompetence, like the dates they keep giving, and changing, for the FTTC roll-out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

[email protected] ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-Feb-11 11:46:42
Print Post

That was pretty incompetent too, Bill. I agree, though, it's probably unrelated and just reflects a degree of indifference across the entire workforce.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 21-Feb-11 12:23:56
Print Post

a degree of indifference across the entire workforce.
Outright hostility to small ISPs in some cases... the latest tbb news item makes interesting reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-Feb-11 12:36:00
Print Post

I saw that, Bill, only BT could get away with it. frown

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to